JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
a friend has a pistol that i thought about nabbing, its a colt 1911 .45 blued, 3 1/2" mkIV
Says its been carriwd but never fires
Comes with 2 sets of grips,

Has anyone had one like this and if so how was it, being a small pistol im wondering how accurate they are, and how comfortable to shoot

I have shot one and it is super accurate. My Aunt had one and i brought along my Springfield 1911. I shot much much better with the colt and although stole the thunder from me showing off my new 1911. Something about the colt 1911s though... if the price is right then go for it.

I've shot a 70 Series Officers Model, owned one many years ago. Certainly more accurate then I was at the time.

My recommendation, if the pistol is in good cosmetic and mechanical condition, without any issues... And the price is reasonable, considering it's a Colt, definitely go for it...

If it's not really your cup of tea, perhaps you can broker a deal for a fellow board member...

Has the recoil spring plug been upgraded. The original ones have a tendency to shear off the little locking nub and render the gun unusable.

Forget the HK, Get the Colt!!! Cant hardly beat a bad one, so you are well on your way with a good one. Mine have seen a ton of use, and I have never regretted getting them! Far more accurate then most of us care to admit, but that's the real beauty of a good 1911, it gives you something to strive for! And it's a COLT! Nuff Said!

I own more then a few Colt pistols including a mint Mark IV 80's series model and three HK's.
Two of the HK's are vintage and the third is a new HK 45 Tactical that I use with my Osprey suppressor.
By far the better pistol is the HK over the the Colt in every aspect except the Colt is smaller and would conceal better.
Don't get me wrong, I love the original 1911 design, but the world has marched forward in firearm technology and HK has clearly outdistanced Mr. Browning's genius inspired design.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top