JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah and unfortunately Lane county could be split up as well. Really tired of small geographical segments of this state making the rest of us suffer. Just like a mob, a city with too many people living on top of each other really reduces intelligence.
BUT, lets not forget those who DIDNT VOTE AT ALL! That's the number we should be really concerned with.
When 40% of "active registered voters" don't vote, how much would that have changed the results?

Name a state where the high population blue cities don't dominate statewide politics. There are only a very few remaining.
What is happening is common:
Illinois - Chicago
Minnesota - Minneapolis
California - LA, SF, SD
New York - NYC
Arizona is also seeing blue Tucson and purple Phoenix buoy D candidates
Georgia and Texas are approaching the point where Atlanta, Austin and San Antonio will begin changing their statewide politics.
Try looking at it from this standpoint. If SHTF, they are priority targets. :s0001:

I'm only where I am because my gills dry out if I get too far from the salt chuck. :cool:

I think it would be better to keep Oregon folks as Oregon and not turn Oregon into greater Idaho. If the state needs to be split then make the liberal counties join Washington state. I guess we could vote them away like they did our rights.

Why does everyone presume that the people who didn't vote are mostly conservatives?? If you look at the election results, of the ten parties recognized in Oregon, the Republicans have the highest rate of returned ballots, 75.6% compared to the next highest, the democrats at 72.1%. So yeah, get everyone to vote and things will likely be worse than they are!!

Source; See page 3.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/statistics/G22-Daily-Ballot-Returns.pdf

A lot of outside money runs this state. Brieghtbart says the five biggest contributions toward the passage of 114 was out of state money.

• Seattle socialite Connie Ballmer ($750,000 donation)
  • Seattle venture capitalist Nicolas Hanauer ($250,000 donation)
  • Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund ($155,000)
  • National Education Association ($125,000 donation)
  • Gabby Giffords' gun control group, "Giffords" ($100,000 donation)
These are the same idiots who helped get 594 and 1639 got passed here in WA too. What an absolute screw for the 2A and the people. Typical rich folk who want laws for us commoners as they are isolated from such crimes they claim affect society due to "gun violence".

And what happened to all the support from the NRA that we have been supporting for many years? Seems like they sat on their thumbs and let it happen.
The problem the NRA, and any gun rights organization face, with these initiatives to the people or ballot measures; there's no one they can apply political pressure to. It's different when the legislature is making law, those elected representatives can be pressured come election time, there may be consequences for actions, like losing your job. With ballot measures, there's no one to pressure, the authors don't give a damn if it passes or not, they are never accountable.

Sure, the NRA etc could've made an effort to advise the public about the consequences of passing the measure, at least to same level the proponents made their case. What no one knows though, is how much money the other side was willing to spend; Bloomberg and company have deep pockets.

In any event, it pays to remember the NRA's political arm is the NRA-ILA, the Institute for Legislative Action, these ballot measures and initiatives, for the most part, circumvent a representative legislature, it's mob rule.

Sadly, I'm sure a variant of 114 will move north in the next cycle.

Dump your money into the firearms rights organizations. Given recent SCOTUS rulings, would it be all that difficult to obtain an injunction against enactmernt of the law?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top