JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But who makes the rockin' world go round?
Fat bottom girls??? I think not!

sick jim carrey GIF

Last Edited:
Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington should come together as a 51st state.
From Wikipedia

Eastern Washington and eastern Oregon
Other conceptions of a potential "State of Lincoln" have been rendered, specifically a possible combination of eastern Washington and eastern Oregon.

The people of Eastern Oregon also often express the same frustration with being coupled with Portland and the region west of the Cascades that Eastern Washingtonians do with respect to Seattle. This proposed coupling would create one of the largest states by area in the country, stretching all the way from the eastern foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range to the border with Idaho in the east.

Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington should come together as a 51st state.
Instead of the "greater Idaho" thing, eastern Oregon and eastern Washington should come together to form a seperate state and merge Seattle and Portland into another.

You're not gonna make it happen by asking the communists in Seattle and Portland for permission. People in the eastern areas of Washington and Oregon need to start acting like they're in a seperate state and push for support from the masses in these areas.

Plain and simple if the two city's want to create there bs rules and laws let them but keep it out of the rest of the state.
You want poor landia rules laws and regulations move there your more than welcome.
People can make the choice to move in or out any time but the rest of the state dose not want your bs.
Think enough said
Happy Veterans Day

A lot of outside money runs this state. Brieghtbart says the five biggest contributions toward the passage of 114 was out of state money.

• Seattle socialite Connie Ballmer ($750,000 donation)
  • Seattle venture capitalist Nicolas Hanauer ($250,000 donation)
  • Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund ($155,000)
  • National Education Association ($125,000 donation)
  • Gabby Giffords' gun control group, "Giffords" ($100,000 donation)

Name a state where the high population blue cities don't dominate statewide politics. There are only a very few remaining.
What is happening is common:
Illinois - Chicago
Minnesota - Minneapolis
California - LA, SF, SD
New York - NYC
Arizona is also seeing blue Tucson and purple Phoenix buoy D candidates
Georgia and Texas are approaching the point where Atlanta, Austin and San Antonio will begin changing their statewide politics.

Simply put, there is way more money and people in those big cities. More people = more votes. More money = more influence.

Exactly why we need to preserve the electoral college. It really should be expanded to state election processes.
Even if this was enacted, the bigger cities would still dominate like California and New York do federally. The metro areas would get large quantities of electoral votes that would still outweigh the other areas. It might make it a bit more proportional, but still obvious. For instance, Maine has 2 electoral votes in federal elections, California has 55.

I know the map makes it look unfair. But that's the system we have.

Folks like to complain that big cities wreck states, however without some of those big cities, some of the other cities would likely not exist.

@MxOverkill put it pretty well.

I have never understood why the forty-nine of the fifty states that have bicameral legislatures (Nebraska only has one house) are not set up like the federal government with their senate seats apportioned two per county instead of by population as the houses of representatives are. With the senate and the house districts the same one is just a mirror of the other. A county-based senate would prevent most of this crap from getting through the legislature. Then make it so all bills have to get a majority of popular vote AND a majority of counties and our freedoms would be safe for the foreseeable future. I understand why it will never be changed, but I can't figure out why it wasn't done correctly in the first place, especially with the federal model to follow, at least in SOME state. The whole point of the federal bicameral system was to prevent the type of mob-rule that is happening on the west coast and in many other states.

I have never understood why the forty-nine of the fifty states that have bicameral legislatures (Nebraska only has one house) are not set up like the federal government with their senate seats apportioned two per county instead of by population as the houses of representatives are. With the senate and the house districts the same one is just a mirror of the other. A county-based senate would prevent most of this crap from getting through the legislature. Then make it so all bills have to get a majority of popular vote AND a majority of counties and our freedoms would be safe for the foreseeable future. I understand why it will never be changed, but I can't figure out why it wasn't done correctly in the first place, especially with the federal model to follow, at least in SOME state. The whole point of the federal bicameral system was to prevent the type of mob-rule that is happening on the west coast and in many other states.
Look at the BS redistricting that happens in all states, Oregon this year, to consolidate power in legislatures. It makes my blood boil.

Look at the BS redistricting that happens in all states, Oregon this year, to consolidate power in legislatures. It makes my blood boil.
Exactly!! Divvy up senators by county and half that problem goes away.

Didn't have this sort of population almost anywhere when it started.
Correct, but the founding fathers had sense enough see it could be a problem in the future and left a perfect example of how to combat it. Why didn't ANY state follow suit??

7 counties running the state,where is the majority of California transplants located at? Should be no surprise to anyone why this happened.

And what happened to all the support from the NRA that we have been supporting for many years? Seems like they sat on their thumbs and let it happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top