JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it sad when these initiatives barely pass indicating that there is hardly a majority in either direction. I think they should make these initiatives require a super-majority before passing, say minimum of 60% (or better yet 75%) truly indicating that a MAJORITY of the state's population wants it, not just almost a coin flip.
These decisions that impact so many aspects of our lives should require a much greater differential to weed out dumb peoples input. with 60-75% of the population wanting it and you don't, then it's pretty hard to argue that you're not in the minority. This would help prevent a few densely populated areas from forcing the entire state to operate how they wish it to be.

Last Edited:
Going to follow my hero. Josey Wales.
Can you still get a cpand ball delivered to your door?
Cap and ball. Not reading my post before i hit post. People may not be laughing when they start getting hit with real lead.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
Kind of like now. Where the convicted felons who are responsible for the majority of gun violence that they are using to try to take our guns.

@MichaelH I too appreciate your unique insight and keen analogies. The issue spans people and the past and present influences that create the political environment to give us the dumpster fire of 114 that we're gathered here to bemoan. You raise points about it being not just a problem about governments having too much power, but the average citizens' predisposition to throw their rights away when given the opportunity and the guys and gals before us have been dealing with all of it since before we had a country. That's relevant to me.

A seven round S&W revolver in .357 replaces a 9mm full sized semi as preferred home defense handgun?
Depends. If you have normal mags before this goes into effect, the question is moot if this "(A) On property owned or immediately controlled by the registered owner;" means your own house, property, or rental. If you don't already have mags, it depends on whether the 9mm gun is still reliable with what 10 round magazines you can come up with, see below.
Are full size guns dead in the future, ' because why have a Glock 17, 19 or 45 if the capacity of a G48 is the same?
The difference between the frames is a personal fit and ergonomics issue which I'd argue is important. As for killing all full sized handguns. No. Not all. For sure some, possibly many.

You take a handgun and its magazines that were specifically engineered together and have however many tens of thousands of hours of R&D over decades to make a combined iteration of a handgun model that functions flawlessly. Now because of emergent politics, the magazine has to be drastically re-engineered to hold an arbitrary number of cartridges, different than what they were designed for. There's no guarantee that any of those new designs will work, regardless of whether they're coming from the original manufacturer or billy-bob's harbor-freight haberdasherie.com. Some might work, some won't. While it doesn't ban the guns, it will make some virtually useless for serious use whether carry, service, or competition.

Cleaned up thread a bit.......... 1668754191089.png

Last Edited:
What are you taking about? There's still four pages of filth :s0140:
My back is gettin tired, my feet are hurting pretty bad, the coffee is gettin cold and I really want a cigarette but I havnt had one since March 29th and foolishly promised the surgeon that saved my life I wouldn't smoke anymore after 40 plus yrs. Dont ask too much or i'm going to snap.:p

Last Edited:
My back is gettin tired, my feet are hurting pretty bad, the coffee is gettin cold and I really want a cigarette but I havnt had one since March 29th and foolishly promised the surgeon that saved my life I wouldn't smoke anymore after 40 plus yrs. Dont ask too much or i'm going to snap.:p
Good luck being a non smoking smoker.

Well thank you for cleaning up after the children. And congratulations and good luck on the smokeless lifestyle!!

Who run the world?

All the single ladies
One (1) demographic voted 3:1 along party lines - the single biggest disparity among voters polled.

It wasn't immigrants, hobos, or Californians.

That one (1) very angry demographic is who drug 114 across the finish line. That is who runs this state.

Last Edited:
Half of Clackamas county voted for measure 114. I am pretty sure greater idaho doesn't want that type of riffraff in there.
58% of Clackamas county didn't even cast a vote. That's the worst thing. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of those in Clack that did t cast a ballot would have voted against 114. I know that because the left always votes. Living, dead, here or not. They vote. Especially this year with the governor race being so close in the polls.

I blame my own party for allowing this to pass and the failure to paint Mahonia Hall red.

I find it sad when these initiatives barely pass indicating that there is hardly a majority in either direction. I think they should make these initiatives require a super-majority before passing, say minimum of 60% (or better yet 75%) truly indicating that a MAJORITY of the state's population wants it, not just almost a coin flip.
These decisions that impact so many aspects of our lives should require a much greater differential to weed out dumb peoples input. with 60-75% of the population wanting it and you don't, then it's pretty hard to argue that you're not in the minority. This would help prevent a few densely populated areas from forcing the entire state to operate how they wish it to be.
Mind you that I'm NOT saying that every elected representative will actually READ and attempt to understand a proposed law.

BUT, But, but.....
Being that there are hearings (usually).......I'd guess that they (the elected representatives) might just be a bit smarter about a particular subject vs. the unknown voter.........who might just read a tiny bit, or might vote merely based on a title, or propaganda of the press, or big-money interests.

Awwwww.....Come On Man.
Don't underestimate the money angle.

Rrrrrright.....even for an elected representative, getting re-elected is a #1 priority.

ANYWAY.....I see it as a problem of the process.
Q : Why are we (taxpayers) paying them?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Imagine that. Outlawing a RIGHT based on a majority vote.

Hummm.......

Last Edited:
Mind you that I'm NOT saying that every elected representative will actually READ and attempt to understand a proposed law.

BUT, But, but.....
Being that there are hearings (usually).......I'd guess that they (the elected representatives) might just be a bit smarter about a particular subject vs. the unknown voter.........who might just read a tiny bit, or might vote merely based on a title, or propaganda of the press, or big-money interests.

Awwwww.....Come On Man.
Don't underestimate the money angle.

Rrrrrright.....even for an elected representative, getting re-elected is a #1 priority.

ANYWAY.....I see it as a problem of the process.
Q : Why are we (taxpayers) paying them?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Imagine that. Outlawing a RIGHT based on a majority vote.

Hummm.......
Lest we forget that the verbiage on the ballot itself was misleading? Voting NO would keep things as they are where a private transferee would have to request a background check. I actually had to clarify that to my wife that it was OR law that ALL transfers, private or not required a background check. That's how misleading it was.

Who approved the ballots? Shemia Fagan
Who is enacting the law before the election is certified? Shemia Fagan

She needs to be named in the lawsuits as well. Then, removed from office.

One (1) demographic voted 3:1 along party lines - the single biggest disparity among voters polled.

It wasn't immigrants, hobos, or Californians.

That one (1) very angry demographic is who drug 114 across the finish line. That is who runs this state.
Maybe single women and men with low T who are likely left leaning antigun voters.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top