JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're looking for justification from this board to keep it, I doubt that you have found it so far in this thread, just send it back.
I will add that if you want a less than lethal product to go with a taser or maybe an ASP.

If you're looking for justification from this board to keep it, I doubt that you have found it so far in this thread, just send it back.
I will add that if you want a less than lethal product to go with a taser or maybe an ASP.
He apparently bought it sometime before Sep 23, 2020, when this thread started, so unless he bought the extended warrantee, it's too late.

I need to get one of those Bug A Salt guns....be fun to shoot at the flies the cats and dog don't get.... :D
Andy
Now that we have warm weather I use ours all the time. Each shot uses so little salt I never have been able to see any around when using it. What I love about it is I can get fly's that make it in anywhere. No matter what they land on this just kills them and I don't damage anything swatting at them. Have used it a couple times on a hornet that made its way in. Those you have to be real close to but it will still kill them.

Now that we have warm weather I use ours all the time. Each shot uses so little salt I never have been able to see any around when using it. What I love about it is I can get fly's that make it in anywhere. No matter what they land on this just kills them and I don't damage anything swatting at them. Have used it a couple times on a hornet that made its way in. Those you have to be real close to but it will still kill them.
Good to know that they work and are fun to boot.
Might try it out on "big game" like....spiders...:D
Andy

My opinion of something like this 'on the surface' is it is a farce, a 'paranoid purchase', or a lot like most fishing lures - designed to catch more fishermen than fish.

I have a little experience with pepper spray, being shot with it once during training, and believe it would be MUCH more effective in a simpler system such as in a spray can such as bear spray etc. But it appears to me if one had to actually deploy this thing, with it's potential drawbacks, unreliability and other issues I suspect it's effectiveness would be in the very low percentages like maybe 5% or less.

I just don't really see CO2 powered paintballs wrapped around the design of a small handgun being reliable or effective in a potentially impulsive, self - defense scenario.
So far the kid I bought one for has not had to use it. For her she refuses to own a gun so better than nothing. Testing hers before sending it off impressed me enough to buy one for myself. When I carry it I also have a firearm. The pepper is for trying less lethal if I can. The two I have bought so far may be a fluke but they do not fail in testing. When I was trying them out with practice ammo they were sailing clean through a heavy moving box I had a target on. Tried a few of the OC balls and they burst fine on contact with anything hard. Of course with me if mine fails I will just go to lethal and I would only even try if the scum was NOT showing a gun in their hand at the time.
Again as far as I know I don't own a piece of the Co that makes these so I have no dog in this hunt. They also started making 7 round mags for these now and I bought one. Works perfect.

If my life is threatened, I would prefer a firearm.
I VERY much wish the kid I bought the first one for would. I would GLADLY buy her one and pay for classes but alas she is strongly against owning one and she is close to 40 now so doubt that will change. For me if I can go the rest of my time on this side and not have to shoot anyone again I will be happy. If I do have to I will not lose sleep over it but, if I can stop them with less than, I would far prefer that. Have had several run ins with drug idiots where I live and so far none have left feet first. Hope to keep it that way.

As a gun owner I can envision very few scenarios in which a pepperball launcher would be an appropriate defensive tool and a firearm would not. Personally, if I'm using any force above and beyond my bare hands there would need to be an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury, which would justify a lethal force response. Maybe in a riot or civil unrest situation to create a buffer or pause an advancing group of potential threats? Aside from that possible edge case, I think there are better and more reliable options available.

However, I think it's important to remember that the target audience for this product is people who don't want to use a gun for self-protection. Those folks tend to not understand use of force at either a legal or practical level, so I can see why they might find this an attractive defensive option.

As a gun owner I can envision very few scenarios in which a pepperball launcher would be an appropriate defensive tool and a firearm would not. Personally, if I'm using any force above and beyond my bare hands there would need to be an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury, which would justify a lethal force response. Maybe in a riot or civil unrest situation to create a buffer or pause an advancing group of potential threats? Aside from that possible edge case, I think there are better and more reliable options available.

However, I think it's important to remember that the target audience for this product is people who don't want to use a gun for self-protection. Those folks tend to not understand use of force at either a legal or practical level, so I can see why they might find this an attractive defensive option.
I have to "guess" you have never shot anyone? Hopefully if you have not you will be able to go the rest of your life and not do so. For 99.9% of us who have shot someone its something we really do not want to do again. There is a reason LEO's have carried and used less than for all my life and long before I came along. If I had to use deadly force again I would not lose sleep over it but, if I can stop someone without doing so will work for me and almost every person who has ever shot someone. Its not nearly as "fun" as many think it is.

I have to "guess" you have never shot anyone? Hopefully if you have not you will be able to go the rest of your life and not do so. For 99.9% of us who have shot someone its something we really do not want to do again. There is a reason LEO's have carried and used less than for all my life and long before I came along. If I had to use deadly force again I would not lose sleep over it but, if I can stop someone without doing so will work for me and almost every person who has ever shot someone. Its not nearly as "fun" as many think it is.
Never have shot anyone, and hope to never find myself in a situation that requires it. To clarify, I practice situational awareness, actively avoid potential bad situations whenever possible, and exhaust all possible opportunities to de-escalate negative encounters. I'm also extremely polite and don't take the bait when someone starts talking crap - I'll be the first to walk away every time. If it gets to the point where any physical force is being used, either a lot of failures in situational awareness and de-escalation have occurred or I'm being ambushed.

I'm open to hearing any specific scenarios in which you think this product might prove useful. I admit I could be completely wrong, but I'm having trouble conceiving of a situation in which this would be a more appropriate tool than a firearm when use of force is needed for someone who isn't LE.

Never have shot anyone, and hope to never find myself in a situation that requires it. To clarify, I practice situational awareness, actively avoid potential bad situations whenever possible, and exhaust all possible opportunities to de-escalate negative encounters. I'm also extremely polite and don't take the bait when someone starts talking crap - I'll be the first to walk away every time. If it gets to the point where any physical force is being used, either a lot of failures in situational awareness and de-escalation have occurred or I'm being ambushed.

I'm open to hearing any specific scenarios in which you think this product might prove useful. I admit I could be completely wrong, but I'm having trouble conceiving of a situation in which this would be a more appropriate tool than a firearm when use of force is needed for someone who isn't LE.
Any time I have to deal with some dope head I have to run off there is a potential for the need for force. If one does decide to push it that far I will not go toe to toe so to speak with them. I will use force that lets me win. If I can do that the the scum can still live another day? Perfect outcome to me. Sadly the world we live in now means any time we venture out of our home there is a chance some kook may come after us for no reason at all. As I said there is a reason LEO's have carried and used less lethal for longer than any of us have been alive. A firearm is a great equalizer but shooting someone is not nearly as much fun as many think it will be. MANY people will not own a gun for the same reason. They can't see a time when someone will attack them for no reason if they are not an LEO. To them its their choice. Most will go their entire life and never need a gun so it works. Again for those who don't want to carry less lethal or even lethal, matters none to me. Life is full of choices adults have to make. Most never regret not having protection so they win I guess. :s0092:

Sadly the world we live in now means any time we venture out of our home there is a chance some kook may come after us for no reason at all.
Yep, and then ya get to read stuff like this happening to the kooks:
State panel OKs Bend-area killer's release from Oregon State Hospital to secure treatment facility near Portland.

BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) – It's been more than four years since Joanna Kasner shot and killed neighbor Valerie Peterson as she walked her dogs in the Boonesborough area north of Bend, and three years since a judge found her guilty except for insanity of murder and sentenced her to life at the Oregon State Hospital in Salem.

In short Crazy woman in 2019 calls a neighbor over (who was unarmed, walking her dogs) and Kasner opens fire, killing her. Killer woman was insane, crazy with other issues as well.

"I shot her," Kasner was heard saying in audio evidence played in court. "I shot her, shot her, shot her, but she wouldn't die. I had to jump on her and choke her out. "

Last Edited:
I always find it funny when people make threads asking for opinions but then gets made people gave theirs. Lol, every forum I've been on I've seen this countless times.

It's amazing to me adults have such thin skins.

I always find it funny when people make threads asking for opinions but then gets made people gave theirs. Lol, every forum I've been on I've seen this countless times.

It's amazing to me adults have such thin skins.
Sooo right. Because it's logical to ask if they are worth it for self defense outside the home, and people piping in about how it would be ridiculous to use one in self defense, war, or for bear hunting.

I find it funny when one posts a specific question and people have such poor reasoning or reading comprehension, that they post about things not even asked. Such thin brains.

Sooo right. Because it's logical to ask if they are worth it for self defense outside the home, and people piping in about how it would be ridiculous to use one in self defense, war, or for bear hunting.

I find it funny when one posts a specific question and people have such poor reasoning or reading comprehension, that they post about things not even asked. Such thin brains.
They made a simple comment and your response was childish. Heck 3 years later and it seems you're still mad.

You bought a gimmicky $400 pos and created imaginary scenarios where it would come in handy.

You didn't address any of these imaginary scenarios in your opening post so the 1st couple responders assumed the most rational scenarios one might think this thing was imagined to be utilized.

Their assumptions were more realistic than shooting an violent assailant 60ft away with it and dissolving/diffusing the situation to satisfaction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top