JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about ordering one of these golf ball launchers for an AR pistol build. Can you think of other legal uses for it besides launching golf balls? Are these louder or quieter than firing a standard round through a barrel with A2 flash hider? Does anybody have an easy process/recipe for making blanks using standard 223/5.56 brass? I will feed the blanks by hand so not worried about them cycling. I would like to avoid the star crimping typically seen on blanks, if possible.

Last Edited:
Here is one persons experience with loading blanks.

I was talking with a dayshift guy the other day about making a Spud gun. When they sent me this email about the golf ball launcher, it made me think about trying it with potatoes, hard pine cones, etc. I would think it might make a unique flash hider and or muzzle break as well.

Just read this review on the Gball launcher. I should be able to purchase adapter that will allow me to mount this on my M&P 22 Compact.

"This thing is a ton of fun! I use it on my Wallther P22 and it's surprising how well it launches the balls! We're talking 12+ seconds of hang time utilizing .22 caliber nail gun blanks. Hundreds of yards of travel. I can only imagine what the velocity is when it's used on a larger gun. As an aside, I suggest not purchasing Fiocchi blanks for this, they do not work well at all. Also, not all golf balls are exactly the same size, some will be rather tight and some will be loose, but all will fire. The snugger fit spheres seem to provide a greater launch however! Enjoy and please be safe!"

Homedepot has nail gun blanks for 10 cents a pop. Those could probably be run with my CMMG 22lr conversion in the AR pistol build.

How is this not considered a destructive device as it shoots a projectile over 50 caliber using smokeless powder.

Just a question

No experience with a golf ball launcher but I have used a compressed air tennis ball gun to launch fishing line up over pine trees to install dipole HAM radio antennas.

These were home made and were pretty impressive. They would launch tennis balls in excess of a 100' or more UP and over trees with 30 lb fishing line in tow.

I actually bought one to train my bird dog. I made a wood projectile and tied a dummy bird to it. With scent, my dog would hear the shot, and go retrieve the bird. Worked like a charm.

I too was curious. This Small Arms Review article makes mention to the BATFE Technology Branch determining they are not DDs. Unfortunately, the site it references where one can read the ruling is no more.
TL/DR: Since the purpose of the device is to launch golf balls, it's not a weapon. Since it's not a weapon, it can't be a firearm or a DD.

Courtesy of The Wayback Machine:

An archive of the Bloom Automatic website from 2009:

Their ATF approval letter:

An image of the letter:
image1144.jpg

TL/DR: Since the purpose of the device is to launch golf balls, it's not a weapon. Since it's not a weapon, it can't be a firearm or a DD.

Courtesy of The Wayback Machine:

An archive of the Bloom Automatic website from 2009:

Their ATF approval letter:

An image of the letter:
View attachment 1239162
Lots of ifs and buts that could be assumed with that determination letter. It would seem that it could be a destructive device if I shot some intruder in the nads with a golf ball. I will try and keep it's uses for recreational purposes only. I am going to order two of these and modify one to use as a flash suppressor and muzzle device. It may work in tandem with conventional muzzle devices to act like a cage device and or blast forwarder device.

Lots of ifs and buts that could be assumed with that determination letter. It would seem that it could be a destructive device if I shot some intruder in the nads with a golf ball. I will try and keep it's uses for recreational purposes only. I am going to order two of these and modify one to use as a flash suppressor and muzzle device. It may work in tandem with conventional muzzle devices to act like a cage device and or blast forwarder device.
You might be happier with a linear compensator.

I built one for my SKS using the bayonet attachment so it would fold under the barrel. First shot at our 100-yard range with about a 70-foot high backstop and the ball got some backspin and disappeared through the trees over the berm.
As mentioned above, golf balls are not very precise in diameter. Some fit, some don't. loose ones patched with T-shirt material seem to be the most accurate

20220713_232043.jpg
20220713_232056.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top