JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built one for my SKS using the bayonet attachment so it would fold under the barrel. First shot at our 100-yard range with about a 70-foot high backstop and the ball got some backspin and disappeared through the trees over the berm.
As mentioned above, golf balls are not very precise in diameter. Some fit, some don't. loose ones patched with T-shirt material seem to be the most accurate

View attachment 1239565
View attachment 1239566
That is awesome!

Could be fun if you holllowed it out and filled it with chalk so it exploded with a big poof on impact.

Might do the same with tannerite, but also may kill yourself, YMMV.

If u could find the right size lightbulb maybe u could use wadding and fill bulb with skunk juice and seal it to make HSAV (High Stink Anti Vagrant) rounds.

Last Edited:
Could be fun if you holllowed it out and filled it with chalk so it exploded with a big poof on impact.

Might do the same with tannerite, but also may kill yourself, YMMV.
I had the tannerite thought too but wasn't sure if the gas impact from the blank would set it off in the launcher, might need to shoestring the first one;)

You might be happier with a linear compensator.
I think a linear comp or blast can could be used in tandem with blanks to launch smaller diameter projectiles. This one has a bit of a funnel shape on the inside. 16mm marbles would probably make a great size projectile. A 54 or 58cal round ball might also work. Accuracy probably wouldn't be great but it might fun to try out. Unfortunately the one I have is threaded 1/2x36 so it won't work with my 223 barrels. Edit this adapter would allow me to use this blast can on my 1/2x28 barrels but at $28 it might be better to find another cheap blast can. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2227377272...%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675&epid=14010605332

20220716_071027.jpg

20220716_070953.jpg

Last Edited:
While digging around my parts boxes looking for a .750 low pro gas block, I found two more MI Blast cans including one in 1/2x28 so before my next cabin trip I am going to pick up a box of nail gun blanks and try to find some budget 5/8 to 3/4 inch round projectiles. If you have any ideas, throw them out here?

20220717_063738.jpg

Edit: One idea I have is to check auto parts store for piece of exhaust pipe that would slide over the exterior of the blast can and provide a larger diameter opening on the opposite end, big enough for golf balls?

While digging around my parts boxes looking for a .750 low pro gas block, I found two more MI Blast cans including one in 1/2x28 so before my next cabin trip I am going to pick up a box of nail gun blanks and try to find some budget 5/8 to 3/4 inch round projectiles. If you have any ideas, throw them out here?

View attachment 1241455

Edit: One idea I have is to check auto parts store for piece of exhaust pipe that would slide over the exterior of the blast can and provide a larger diameter opening on the opposite end, big enough for golf balls?
Be sure to video when you test it. This could be spectacular.

:D

I tried a .495 roundball and it fits in the bottom of the cone just fine. I think a .490 would work too. I will try them out on next cabin trip and report back (without video). I am not expecting much in the accuracy dept but I will try to hit a target at 15ft or so.

View from front of blast can.

20220717_084445.jpg

View from rear of blast can. You can't see it in picture but there was a good 1/4 inch of space from roundball to where the muzzle threads begin.

20220717_084423.jpg

Last Edited:
I tried a .495 roundball and it fits in the bottom of the cone just fine. I think a .490 would work too. I will try them out on next cabin trip and report back (without video). I am not expecting much in the accuracy dept but I will try to hit a target at 15ft or so.

View from front of blast can.

View attachment 1241492

View from rear of blast can. You can't see it in picture but there was a good 1/4 inch of space from roundball to where the muzzle threads begin.

View attachment 1241493
Just promise when you put an exhaust pipe on the end of it and shove a golf ball down it, you'll video that. If the pipe fails, it could be pretty cool. As long as you're not holding it at the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top