1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking About My First Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Oct 15, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm kinda on the fence about buying a suppressor. If I buy one, it's gunna be a 9mm. I have a couple questions.

1. Will a 9mm suppressor work on a .380? I'm guessing yes, since a .380 is essentially a short 9mm...but want to make sure. I ask because I want to get a Walther.

2. What is the most economic, compact, and quite can put there? I'm sure there is no prefect one, but what is the best of all three worlds?

If it matters, I'm planning on using it on my G19, P228, 92FS, and a Walther PPK.
  2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

1. Yes - and Tornado Tech can thread it for you.

"Walther PK380 - Extend and thread, includes thread protector.(threaded 1/2 -28 or 13.5mmx1LH) $200"

2. Lots of options, maybe look over the Silencer Talk forum. For a small .380 I'd look at the Thompson Machine Poseidon or Degroat Nano.

A favorite all-around 9mm suppressor that also works on LOTS of other calibers is the Liberty Mystic, but it may be cumbersome on the end of a .380.

http://libertycans.net/mystic.html Dan Dee sales here in Oregon sells the Mystic.

Good luck.
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

In general, suppressors will work on lesser cartridges. I am shopping for a .308 with the intention to also use it on .223 and 22LR.
  4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

This is my eventual goal as well, but I also want to run 7.62 x 39 through it... Should be fine.
  5. BadRadDude

BadRadDude Oregon Member

I am currently waiting on stamp approval from ATF on a Silencerco Osprey 9. They sell a piston with will work on the glock,sig and the brett. Just makes sure you get the 0.5x28 XL piston.