JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been starting to look for a good suppressor to start off with. Ideally I'd be willing to buy one that could do more than caliber okay even if its pricey. Any suggestions? Point me in the right direction?

Budget?
My 1st can was a Dead Air Ghost M
Good for any pistol caliber from .45 on down and also good for subsonic .300 Blackout.
I paid around $800 plus the $200 tax stamp IIRC and that was 5 years ago.

Rifle? YHM Resonator 2
Silencer Shop has it for $640 and free tax stamp right now! .30 Cal can

Well scheiss! I just looked it up and it's on backorder.
I have a couple Resonators and on .300 Blackout they are super quiet even on short barrels My SBR has a 10.5" barrel and shot timers can't pick it up unless they're right on top of me. YHMs are a bargain too.
Here's a link to Silencer Shop's Resonator R2 page

SS R2

Dead Air primal all the way. It's a .46 caliber rifle can rated up to .338 lapua but it can also accept boosters and work with pistols.

Pay for a month of pewscience or just hit up the free reviews on his website. He offers unbiased, factual comparisons of suppressors, with more and more being added every week.

Also, just accept that you will get multiple suppressors eventually 😂

Rather than trying to find one whisper pickle that can do everything in a mediocre fashion, I would find the best suppressor you can get for the firearm you want suppressed first. There are some 30 cal cans that outperform a lot of 556 offerings, even on 5.56. Just take a look at that site, find the graph, and you can filter results by caliber, platform, etc

Last Edited:
.30 cal can would be a good start, ideally with having muzzle devices to fit different thread pitches so you can do multiple hosts. Picking a can is like choosing aspirin, so there's lots of options. My first can was a 5.56, but I'd wished I'd started with a .30 cal can so I could have had more versatility before I got more cans down the road.

The Aero Lahar 30 series has been on sale a lot lately. The K (shorter stack) was only $349. For my first can, I'd go with that in the regular configuration. Not much it won't do being full-auto rated and with no barrel length restrictions. They're getting great reviews from pewscience.

1. STAY AWAY from dead air. Their QC and customer service has gone down hill. avoid them at all cost

2. I recommend silencerco hybrid 46. It is for centerfire cart from .22 to .460 rifle and pistol. uses standard hub interface so what mounts you buy you can use on other cans in the future.

1. STAY AWAY from dead air. Their QC and customer service has gone down hill. avoid them at all cost
I've heard this from several people. I think I got one of the good Sandman S back when their QC was up to par but sad to hear they've fallen so far. I saw some guy on reddit shot his Sandman S to pieces with the first shot and can't get anyone at DA to own up to it. Ridiculous.

2. I recommend silencerco hybrid 46. It is for centerfire cart from .22 to .460 rifle and pistol. uses standard hub interface so what mounts you buy you can use on other cans in the future.
Interesting. I own 3 of their products, all purchased after Biden was appointed and they're fantastic. Wonder how long their QC has been off or if that's just the haters hating

I've heard this from several people. I think I got one of the good Sandman S back when their QC was up to par but sad to hear they've fallen so far. I saw some guy on reddit shot his Sandman S to pieces with the first shot and can't get anyone at DA to own up to it. Ridiculous.

Interesting. I own 3 of their products, all purchased after Biden was appointed and they're fantastic. Wonder how long their QC has been off or if that's just the haters hating
Ehhh. It's not just some haters. There are companies out there basing their business model off of DA poor CS and repairing their cans faster than DA can respond to an email. I've seen at least a dozen stories lately of people being given the run around from DA. They are screwing up so much right now that they are giving their 22 can away to try and convince people to stop blasting them online.

I've heard this is really recent. Maybe within the last year or even less time. Supposedly they were contracting some other company to do repairs on their cans and that may have been the beginning of the problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top