JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All fiat (monopoly money, backed by nothing, like the dollar) currencies historically return to their intrinsic value which is zero. A big, big thank you to real economists like Peter Schiff and Mark Faber for pointing this out to me years ago. The dollar is the USA's third currency and since the unconstitutional Federal Reserve took over printing duties in 1913 it has lost 94% of its value. It is difficult to have a worse record than that. The only thing propping up the dollar now is the reserve currency thing and that will be going away.

It won't be as simple as just a different currency. It is the planned transfer of wealth from the American middle class to third world status. We are going down. Unfortunately, the US service/consumer economy is a money-printing Ponzi. We produce nothing and trade other countries little slips of paper backed by nothing in exchange for TVs, Microwaves, Cars. Won't last. When the bankers pull the plug we will be in a hyperinflationary depression that will make the first Great Depression seem like a cake wake. Sucks, but it has to happen, and it will in the next 1-10 years.

I am more concerned with the collapse of trust, communication, and communities than I am with the economy.

Example:
X-guy and Y-dude prepare for the big collapse. Both think more or less the same, and yet neither of them band together to form a plan.

We have a forum and topics about collapse and spit-hitting-the-fan, but it is clear there is no real plan even among our own.

I am more concerned with the collapse of trust, communication, and communities than I am with the economy.

Example:
X-guy and Y-dude prepare for the big collapse. Both think more or less the same, and yet neither of them band together to form a plan.

We have a forum and topics about collapse and spit-hitting-the-fan, but it is clear there is no real plan even among our own.

To have much of a plan is to open yourself up to prosecution for conspiracy or some other silliness. .gov loves that particular trick bag. We are kind of stuck in reaction mode. Best I can figure to do is become as self reliant as possible and encourage others to do the same. I'm pretty sure that some of the people you correspond with on forums like this will band together for mutual aid when the time comes.

Only 66.8% of American men had a job last year. That was the lowest level that has ever been recorded in all of U.S. history. The Boob Tube and the Cartoon News Network are lying to you about the economy. It is cliff side. Prepare for it. Watch Peter Schiff, Gerald Celente, Mark Faber, and Max Keiser.

The private Fed has 'printed' more money since 2005 than all of U.S. history. They have gutted the Treasury and Fort Knox (empty, that is why no audit since the '50s!), anything real, in favor of little slips of paper or digits backed by nothing.

Wake up. Money printing is a band aid. A Ponzi. Won't last. The purpose of the money printing is so the 1% of the US population that have 90-95% of the wealth can get their affairs in order pre-collapse. The US is going into the Greatest of all economic depressions. It will last 15-20+ years and/or result in the end of the U.S. as we know it. This isn't doom and gloom. This is fact. Uncomfortable, yes, but fact. Your children will be debt slaves living at a standard of living that is 1/10th as nice as yours.

The daily dose of un-reality being given by our puppet politicians and controlled media, while comforting, is like a drug. Weed yourself off that drug and start reasoning things out. Those that don't see the collapse coming will be goners. Unfortunately, there is never an 'atta boy' or a thank you for delivering a message like this, but you had better start listening to people that are capable of independent thought and research. Stop trusting proven liars. How many times do the same people have to lie before the sheep say enough is enough. No matter how painful, I want truth.

By the way Obama outlawed the dealing in gold as of July 11th to stop an underground economy from thriving.

Guess someone forgot to tell the COMEX, and the ETF funds, and bullion dealers, and brokerage houses, and individual investors. Guess you were the only one that was told 'cause today is the 12th and everyone is still trading as usual.:s0077:

So how many Private Citizen Americans transacted in Gold today?
How many sold and how many bought in private sales?
Public sales?

I have no idea. Could tune in to Eric King's upcoming Saturday interview with Bill Haynes to get an idea what the flow was at Bill's company for the week, and extrapolate out. Don't know how you arrived at that conclusion in the first place, but I think it is time to reassess your information sources and/or analysis.

nobody seems to remember back in the Jimmy Carter era, Gas rationing, only buy it on even/odd days. Women offering to jump in the back seat of your car for 15 minutes for 5 gallons of gas

And those were called the good old days!

Seriously though, the writing is on the wall. The almighty dollar becoming worthless is not "if" anymore but "when". I do not look forward to the day.

Debt is slavery and those that control our government aka the banksters will get their way on raising the debt ceiling. A gov for the interests of the money men is called fascism. We are a corporate state. Don't think for one minute all the BS you see on TV about 'debates' are real on any level. The banksters bought out Congress, the courts and our Presidents long ago. It is already a done deal. All you are watching is play acting to give the ignorant masses the false idea that they have a say, that the politicians are there representing them. They are not. They work for the bankster interests, not yours. The USA was defeated from within, from traitors in puppet positions. No foreign army or 'terrorist' is a threat to you or your family. The banksters are literally going to turn the middle class here in the USA into peasants/renters/drones. Not in 20 years, more like in two.

Back in the 70's, when everyone was stockpiling Krugerrands, a writer offered this:

A hungry person approaches a Farmer and says he's hungry. He wants to buy a chicken.
The Farmer asks "what do you have to pay with"?
The person answers "Krugerrands".
The Farmer then says "Fine, one chicken, one Krugerrand".

Compare this with the person who answers "I don't have any money but I have tools and I can fix your roof, your car, your tractor, etc."

The Farmer may well answer "That's great. Fix the tractor and I'll give you a couple of chickens".

Bad Assumption. . .

Most people who put money into gold and silver have NO PLANS TO USE IT FOR BARTERING!!!

The purpose it to protect your wealth so when the economy starts recovering, you can trade it in for the current cash-of-the-realm, and rebuild your life.

When the stock mark is diving, people pull their money and move it into cash accounts. When cash AND the stock market are dying, people put their money into physicals such as land and commodities.

As for the example you presented. . I can just as easily write a script that says:

A person approaches a Farmer and says "how much are the chickens?"
The Farmer asks "what do you have to pay with?"
The person answers "Gold."
The Farmer then says "Fine, one chicken, one Krugerrand."
The person answers. . "No thanks, I just bought your farm at the county tax auction for two ounces of gold, so get the **** off of MY land."

When your writing fiction, you can make the plot go any way you want. Just like when people point out that Gold was worthless in "The Road" or in "Mad Max". . Fiction is just that. . FICTION!

I do agree that having a useful skill(s) will be one of the BEST preps to have!

And those were called the good old days!

Seriously though, the writing is on the wall. The almighty dollar becoming worthless is not "if" anymore but "when". I do not look forward to the day.

When my grandfather had his gold confiscated the price was fixed a $35 an oz. You could buy a decent, small home in L.A., for 300 ozs or just over $1000 because the price of gold was fixed by the US govt and did not reflect it's true value (way higher) the higher cost was a hidden tax on all americans.
When I bought gold it was $265 but you could buy the same type home for 230 ozs
Now you can buy a nicer home for 150 ozs
The value of gold in an open MKT is constant but the value of commodities has changed. The dollar is no longer backed by gold (Thanks LBJ)
The value of the dollar has dropped X45 since the 1930's, it was worth 1/35th oz of gold, it's now worth around 1/1500th oz. Look at your bank account how much food and shelter can you afford when gold hits $2000 and your dollar is worth 1/2000 oz?

"That's if there's still power or the working Internet?
In regards to communicating with like minded friends."

May i strongly suggest a solar panel, charge controller, & 12 volt battery and a inexpensive inverter,.... AND HAM, no, not the Thanksgiving dinner, The radio.
google AARL for Ham and see sswindandsolar for your OWN power.
A1

jim
you really get my mind to pondering the nearly imponderable.
I don't know how it will all play out, or where basic needs will be filled, be it fuel, or otherwise.

I do have an idea for water, I just this past weekend saw an KVAL broadcast that reminded me of HTI, you know that place in Albany that does alot of nice disaster relief stuff with their water filters.
So I used my google-foo and found their site, and then found their stuff for sale for cheaper at Costo's site.

I think I am going to buy a hydrowell 2 water purification system, and give it a whirl.

Jer Fly - Although from what I studied about X long ago when NASA and press were allowed to talk about X there are many wavering time tables. Not sure about 09.26.11 in fact that would be highly unlikely since a dense-gravitational body that close to Earth would be causing a lot more havoc already. There is a reason why our gov paid millions for a thermal telescope at the South Pole, why X's approaching coordinates are blocked from view on Google Sky.

There is definitely something headed our way. The kind of thing that made magazine headlines in 1982 but now the press and gov are not allowed to talk about. Whether it makes a broad pass and causes lots of destruction or whether it comes close and turns the Earth back into an Etch-A-Sketch is to be seen. One thing for sure is that polar shifts, most likely caused by X have happened before. Humans have got this far, or very close, before to this level of development before only to be wiped out. Atlantis, fossils records of advanced brain surgery, aircraft, underwater cities, mammoth shark fossils found in Montana, bison grazing at the poles in lush land, earliest human writings plotting the solar system inc. X.

The evidence is overwhelming that the Earth's surface has been flushed down the toilet many times. If it happens again in the next few months or years, so be it. That is the way it is supposed to be.

I have heard nothing about it until recently. I watched a few video's on youtube that gave me the arrival date. They did show a trajectory path and alignments that are causing earthquakes. I have no idea as to their credibility. I appreciate your input.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top