JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do see the need for dense commodoties for trade in the long term; but in terms of creating a survival readiness plan, that would not be the first place I put my money. If the dollar crashes and mayhem ensues, gold and silver will not likely be useful for trade with anybody I encounter locally who has something I want.

No, it's definitely not the first place to put your money. Get as prepared as you can and then if you feel good with your preps, invest a little in some precious metals.

There have been alot of currency collapses and revaluations in recent history, why not look at thoes examples in lieu of dreaming up apocalyptic scenieros.

When did a currency collapse on an economy similar to the United States? The USSR? I guess that would probably be the best example...but people already lived in poverty. The bourgeois had no rights, nor were they given welfare checks....they either had to make due or starve. The average citizen couldn't own a firearm let alone defend one's self without the government's permission.

Here's an interesting article to read...

<broken link removed>

Dmitry Orlov covers a lot of good points and states the only people who aren't going to starve to death are probably going to be Amish communities...I dissagree. Without a standing protective force, they might as well be a food bank for raiders.

When did a currency collapse on an economy similar to the United States? The USSR? I guess that would probably be the best example...but people already lived in poverty. The bourgeois had no rights, nor were they given welfare checks....they either had to make due or starve. The average citizen couldn't own a firearm let alone defend one's self without the government's permission.

Here's an interesting article to read...

<broken link removed>

Dmitry Orlov covers a lot of good points and states the only people who aren't going to starve to death are probably going to be Amish communities...I dissagree. Without a standing protective force, they might as well be a food bank for raiders.

Iv read his stuff. The problem is people assume that the government will fall if the dollar does.

Iv read his stuff. The problem is people assume that the government will fall if the dollar does.

Right. My hope is that most everyone in DC will lose their jobs, and will be replaced by more competent individuals. Don't think it will happen until the public feels some real pain. But also, I'm not sure the American public, as a whole, have the sense to elect competent people. Seems like the only thing that motivates them is a promise to take from someone else in order to give it to them.

Right. My hope is that most everyone in DC will lost their jobs, and will be replaced by more competent individuals. Don't think it will happen until the public feels some real pain. But also, I'm not sure the American public, as a whole, has the sense to elect competent people. Seems like the only thing that motivates them is a promise to take from someone else in order to give it to them.
no kidding...whats with the sense of entitlement?!? :s0092:

Go ahead - ruin my day - the ONLY thing I've been looking forward to in all this mess...

Ha! Careful what you wish for, with the past 2 years as an example you think the government is going to dissapear or make a massive power grab ? To big to fail after all. The people will welcome it, and thoes of us who think diffrent will be screwed.

When it all comes down The Government & NG & Leos will be under strict orders to come down hard on any People protecting their Neighborhoods & Family& Property against the massive Civil unrest because "Racist Vigilanteism" against the poor Minorities is not the Direction the Country should take. lol

Interesting day (three active threads on here discussing economic issues, plus inflation/hyperinflation). Rumors about China, people talking about increasing their metals purchases even at these levels, discussions about stepping up buying of higher ticket items along with essentials. As I peruse the threads, along with the weekend discussions and essays elsewhere online, I am getting chills (it is a pleasant 72 degrees in my office, and I'm not sick either). Realization of what is happening is increasing. The public is not there yet, but think how wild it will get when they do come to the realization of just how foooked they really are. I'm notoriously and consistently early when it comes to gauging when things will happen. I would have thought the general population would have panicked before this (h*ll, I was panicking mid decade last decade), but they did not. Seems like more and more are beginning to awake. Not long ago John Williams said he would not be surprised to see hyperinflation take hold as early as this summer/fall. Perhaps it will. If so (and I emphasize the "if" part) then we are out of time.

EZLivin,

People kept how do you know I just looked at and said do you really think these companies are worth that, they just looked at me and said no I guess not and then it crashed.

I am with you, people I talk to actually believe this is just another faint, I wish it were but everyday I see our debt climbing and dum aces saying ah don't worry about it, and other idiots demanding we go further in debt to give more away. whata bunch of morons

People ARE waking up all over the place. Look at the unavailability of freeze dried food from survival suppliers, physical silver being harder to come by. Although, MOST people still have their heads buried in facebook, real housewives, dwts, jersey shore. We've had it soooooo easy in this country for so long that people truly believe it's impossible anything could ever happen here. They're just sitting around, collecting unemployment, waiting for things "to pick back up". Good luck with that. Keep facebookin' it up. PLEASE. Makes it easier for me to get my last minute preps together.

And here I thought I was the only one that noticed that most have their heads buried in "Social Networking" and the latest TV shows. Refreshing to see that I am not totally alone.

As for the shortage of the Survival Stores (food) there have been more than a few disasters worldwide that have taxed the ability of the manufacturers of these products to keep up. First thing "dropped" into these disaster zones is MRE's and the like.

Something for the "younger crowd" to consider. In past times of financial disaster those who had tools and skills were able to do quite well. Those who only stockpiled Gold/Silver/Stones, etc, found it necessary to give some of these "valuables" to the ones that were able to perform the services they didn't know how to do themselves. Carpenters, Mechanics, Farmers, etc., all managed to survive and many came out ahead of those who weren't able to provide for themselves.

Back in the 70's, when everyone was stockpiling Krugerrands, a writer offered this:

"A hungry person approaches a Farmer and says he's hungry. He wants to buy a chicken.
The Farmer asks "what do you have to pay with"?
The person answers "Krugerrands".
The Farmer then says "Fine, one chicken, one Krugerrand".

Compare this with the person who answers "I don't have any money but I have tools and I can fix your roof, your car, your tractor, etc."

The Farmer may well answer "That's great. Fix the tractor and I'll give you a couple of chickens".

(writer unknown)

The sad thing today is that many have no skills beyond typing with their thumbs on their Blackberry's or Smart Phones. "Mommy and Daddy" have been allowing them to lounge around without obtaining any real skills to ensure their survival in the world if anything happens to their support system.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top