JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And here I thought I was the only one that noticed that most have their heads buried in "Social Networking" and the latest TV shows. Refreshing to see that I am not totally alone.

As for the shortage of the Survival Stores (food) there have been more than a few disasters worldwide that have taxed the ability of the manufacturers of these products to keep up. First thing "dropped" into these disaster zones is MRE's and the like.

Something for the "younger crowd" to consider. In past times of financial disaster those who had tools and skills were able to do quite well. Those who only stockpiled Gold/Silver/Stones, etc, found it necessary to give some of these "valuables" to the ones that were able to perform the services they didn't know how to do themselves. Carpenters, Mechanics, Farmers, etc., all managed to survive and many came out ahead of those who weren't able to provide for themselves.

Back in the 70's, when everyone was stockpiling Krugerrands, a writer offered this:

"A hungry person approaches a Farmer and says he's hungry. He wants to buy a chicken.
The Farmer asks "what do you have to pay with"?
The person answers "Krugerrands".
The Farmer then says "Fine, one chicken, one Krugerrand".

Compare this with the person who answers "I don't have any money but I have tools and I can fix your roof, your car, your tractor, etc."

The Farmer may well answer "That's great. Fix the tractor and I'll give you a couple of chickens".

(writer unknown)

The sad thing today is that many have no skills beyond typing with their thumbs on their Blackberry's or Smart Phones. "Mommy and Daddy" have been allowing them to lounge around without obtaining any real skills to ensure their survival in the world if anything happens to their support system.

Absolutely you are not alone. I know because I see it first hand. In the process of trying to get the wife awake to what's up but I can't get her pulled off the dang facebook. Or Real Housewives of whatever, or Jersey Shore. It's such a waste of time and brain capacity. Even if disaster wasn't lurking.

You're probably right about all the worldwide emergencies and the shortage of emergency foods, but it IS also due to people stateside starting to figure it out. A combo of the two I would say.

My wife and I are always talking about the fact that people have no real skills or real way to take care of themselves. If there's not pizza delivery, or internet, they're totally screwed. Luckily I was raised alot differently than most of my contemporaries. Lots of hunting & fishing, I know how to harness up a team of drafts and cut wood, plow a field, drive a wagon, I can clean and prepare wild game, I can saddle up a horse and ride for days with nothing more than what I can pack on the animal, etc. etc....

How many people do you know that you interact daily with, that would know:

Where to go when they step out their front door to find an animal to harvest.

How to harvest an animal.

Clean that animal.

Prepare it without utilizing any electricity.

Store the rest for later use.

etc..etc...

People are completely done. At least 3/4's of this country will starve or give up ANYTHING for bread.

Obama's plan is to create a world wide Communist One World Goverment. History has proved that to capture the world 1st he must destroy American morale, impoverish it's PPL and enable an invasion across it's borders. He is very close to accomplishing his goals. His Buddy Bill Ayers plans on executing up to 35 million American civilians in the process in a form of political cleansing (just like in all the other Commie Regimes).
The Trolls on this site wlltell you everything is 'fine,normal', that there is NOTHING to worry about.
PPL will make statements like this:

"There have been alot of currency collapses and revaluations in recent history, why not look at thoes examples in lieu of dreaming up apocalyptic scenieros. "

"Those" collapses were CREATED by George Soros, and of those "examples" only one country's currancey has rebounded, England's but only by enacting severe austerity meassures which the local commies took advantage of and used as a rational to riot, almost like it was part of a grand scheme, as in May 1968 France when the Commies won France. Or as when Bill Ayers declared his Summer Of Rage in June, 1968 and tried to destroy the USA in the same way.
Beware the Commie Trolls on this site but do not be cowered by them!

I saw a good quote on gold from FOFOA yesterday. It's in the middle of a good post on why we'll end in inflation rather than deflation.

"you can't eat your gold." That's right, gold is not at its highest and best use being spent (circulated) as a currency during a hunger crisis. Instead, if you are one with PLENTY of net worth, gold is the very best way to shuttle your wealth THROUGH a crisis to the other side. If you are forced to deploy this wealth for food during a crisis, then you apparently planned poorly.

Obama's plan is to create a world wide Communist One World Goverment. History has proved that to capture the world 1st he must destroy American morale, impoverish it's PPL and enable an invasion across it's borders. He is very close to accomplishing his goals. His Buddy Bill Ayers plans on executing up to 35 million American civilians in the process in a form of political cleansing (just like in all the other Commie Regimes).
The Trolls on this site wlltell you everything is 'fine,normal', that there is NOTHING to worry about.

"There have been alot of currency collapses and revaluations in recent history, why not look at thoes examples in lieu of dreaming up apocalyptic scenieros. "

"Those" collapses were CREATED by George Soros, and of those "examples" only one country's currancey has rebounded, England's but only by enacting severe austerity meassures which the local commies took advantage of and used as a rational to riot, almost like it was part of a grand scheme, as in May 1968 France when the Commies won France. Or as when Bill Ayers declared his Summer Of Rage in June, 1968 and tried to destroy the USA in the same way.

The commie George Soros crashed the commie USSR Ruble so the commies could take over the world???? Really???

yeah...that'll be the day...too many "necks" with guns in this country, including those in service for that to happen...hahhaha! i think given the threat of a "commie revolution/takeover" even the poontang sissies in portland would take up arms and rise-up to meet the threat....pshhhh, commies...what are they feeding you guys over there in the east?!?

Reading the above; I stand Vindicated
yes YOU CAN EAT YOUR GOLD
YOU CAN EVEN BUY A TICKET OUTA DODGE, TO A PLACE WHERE DOLLARS ARE WORTHLESS BUT GOLD RULES.
GOLD SILVER AND COPPER ARE THE ONLY REAL CURRANCEYS TODAY (Note: I will be attacked for my spelling)
Buy PM's
Buy Food
Buy Fuel
Buy Boots and winter clothes.
OR:
Buy Eletronics and Buy Credit (Debt)

By the way Obama outlawed the dealing in gold as of July 11th to stop an underground economy from thriving like it does in Australia with opals and gold
Of course Soros keeps his 11 tons of gold off shore

A question I would like answered:

IF gold is as valuable as it seems, and if there is a limited supply, then why do the suppliers need to spend so much money advertising it for sale on TV IE. the ads with G. Gordon Liddy and a couple of others I have seen?

A question I would like answered:

IF gold is as valuable as it seems, and if there is a limited supply, then why do the suppliers need to spend so much money advertising it for sale on TV IE. the ads with G. Gordon Liddy and a couple of others I have seen?

I don't watch TV, so am not familiar with the specific ad you mention. But, how else do you promote your company other than by advertising? Those companies deal in metals; they make their profit on the spread, so naturally they have to advertise to acquire customers. (Most likely they have a relatively large spread in order to pay for the expensive advertising.)

And, as a side-note, why do I keep reading posts that claim Obama has outlawed dealing with gold as of July 11th (or whenever)? Fine, bring it on, it would drive my metals stocks so friggin high that I would become a quadrillionaire. But it just isn't true. Is it illiteracy, stupidity, or malice that causes people to continue propagating this July crap?

You own PM stocks? That's paper promises. If it becomes illeagle to trade in gold how are you going to sell your stocks?
BTW the last and only other Prez to outlaw gold, a demoncrat.

You own PM stocks? That's paper promises. If it becomes illeagle to trade in gold how are you going to sell your stocks?
BTW the last and only other Prez to outlaw gold, a demoncrat.

"Paper promises?" Stocks are shares in companies. The miners dig metals out of the ground and sell the metal. They follow their business plan. Not sure how that qualifies as a "paper promise."

Stocks are bought and sold on exchanges. Did you know that during the period in the US when gold was illegal to own by citizens the metals stocks still traded? Some of the companies are US-based, most are based elsewhere (Canada for example). If the private ownership of metals is outlawed in the US again (doubtful), the metals stocks will once again become a proxy for gold and will do even better because of that. That is what happened before, so there is no reason to think that it would not happen again.

Just a quick note from one of the "trolls" here. Use your spell check! :eek:

PS, By the way, no one has outlawed gold.

While new to this forum, I am not at all new to thinking and preparing for the future.

Believe it, there are some very powerful and wealthy people who's dream is to have a one world government and currency.

Those that think it could never happen here in the USA. Well explain how we ever repay what was borrowed? Where did all the money actually go? More money than all the previous presidents in our history combined spent!!

Look at Argentina over the past 20 years. Here was a government that was totally in the tank with big business. Every-time someone got in trouble the government would jump in and rescue them. (Too big to fail...sound familiar?). Then pass the debt onto the tax payers.....

In this link ( <broken link removed> ) is a blog about all that happened in the past few years. There are some real lesson to be learned from what worked and what did not. The writer is very honest (IMHO) in expressing who was secure, who were victims, and were totally lost.

For those that do not know, one day the banks just closed. They did not open for over a year. Currency became worthless. Food jumped by 300%, and nobody wanted to accept peso's in payment even then.

Zimbabwe was even worst with the currency collapsing and 1200% a month inflation rate.

nobody seems to remember back in the Jimmy Carter era, Gas rationing, only buy it on even/odd days. Women offering to jump in the back seat of your car for 15 minutes for 5 gallons of gas.....21% interest rates.

During the Presidential campaign, then candidate Obama had what many of us felt was a "Reichstag" moment when he proposed "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top