JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I read the article. It is more than a little vague. I'm skeptical of a "global war" because the big boys with H-bombs realize what that portends. More pandemics are likely, if for no other reason the history of our species.

(shrug) Bad sh¡t going down is the norm, not the exception, in the human experience. The question isn't if, it is when, and how bad. Ergo, be as prepared as possible, and enjoy as much as one can in this beautiful, brief moment in time we experience on a little blue marble, orbiting a star, in a nothing solar system. :s0155:

2020 reminds me of the old joke about how this guy convinced the government to put all the mobile homes in one place in Kansas as a solution to the problem of tornadoes; all the tornadoes in the country converged on that one spot in a few hours and then they had no more tornadoes for years. Or something like that.
Same group telling us Y2K would shut down all commerce...along with their false prophet Gary North

Same group telling us Y2K would shut down all commerce...along with their false prophet Gary North

Y2K was an issue. Orgs spent many billions and a lot of effort to make sure it didn't shut down not only commerce but a lot of our infrastructure. It was a real threat - one that was addressed - otherwise we would have had a lot of problems.

Y2K was an issue. Orgs spent many billions and a lot of effort to make sure it didn't shut down not only commerce but a lot of our infrastructure. It was a real threat - one that was addressed - otherwise we would have had a lot of problems.
True, but the promulgators sold a lot of precious metals and textured soy protein. Never let the fear of the masses go to waste so to speak.

Bingo. The basis of said was very real, but an enormous effort, and a huge investment, was made to address said. (I personally audited an unholy amount of source code in that era.)

But there were total idiots like James Howard Kunstler, who have zero experience in the field, or even a background in science or technology, who published totally implausible scenarios based upon the technological issue. And, of course, legions sadly bought into it, despite plenty of assurances to the contrary. (sigh) :(

Last Edited:
It involves genetically engineered spiders the size of terriers, but I have said too much already.
:eek:

If we make it to November, damn I'll be surprised.

I'm gonna stop buying ammo and start buying liquor, seems like a better idea.

If October rolls around, and it looks like "bad orange man" might still be re-elected, I have to wonder just what kind of un-holy heII is going to break loose. Coincidentally, of course. I'm not a tinfoil hat sort...

Rabbit+Fire+(44).jpg

The tsunami that hit Japan killed under 19,000 people. So far worldwide COVID 19 death rate is 451,000. The tsunami was the biggest natural disaster that I know of in the last 10 years and it pales in comparison to the COVID death toll.

The tsunami that hit Japan killed under 19,000 people. So far worldwide COVID 19 death rate is 451,000. The tsunami was the biggest natural disaster that I know of in the last 10 years and it pales in comparison to the COVID death toll.

I looked it up, its the
2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami
I am talking about, wiki says 227,898 dead and thats just in a few hours.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads