JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The tsunami that hit Japan killed under 19,000 people. So far worldwide COVID 19 death rate is 451,000. The tsunami was the biggest natural disaster that I know of in the last 10 years and it pales in comparison to the COVID death toll.
So there is a 0.0000578 chance of dying from Covidiot1984

That's scary, man...especially when one knows ~200,000 people die in the USA each year from Hospital Acquired Infections and from taking properly prescribed pharmaceuticals. But...shhhhh, about that.

Edited

Last Edited:
The big one . the big Earth quake all west of I 5 will be toast. We have a wimpy society so afraid. Watch out for the KILLER HORNETS oh wait that was so last month we need a new crisis.

Like any highly polarized and politics event, facts and reporting run rampant and we will likely never what really happened.

Maybe 50-100 years from now they might teach kids about it in history class, maybe.

Well let's see.

Who is more likely to "fudge the numbers" on CV-19?

WHO? CDC? Almost ALL of the doctors and scientists?

Or politicians and conspiracy theorists? :s0092:

That's all I am going to say on the numbers and so called "hoax" and conspiracy theories.

Carry on. :rolleyes:

Wrong, there is a 100% chance of a natural disaster bigger than the Chinese corona virus, its just a matter of time, my guess is based on history, that it will be a meteor or comet.

There is the Cascadia Subduction Zone that is overdue for an earthquake. That earthquake happens, it will probably wipe the west coast of Northen Californa, Oregon and Washington off of the map due to a large tsunami will hit and go all the way to Japan as well.

Cascadia subduction zone - Wikipedia

2020 reminds me of the old joke about how this guy convinced the government to put all the mobile homes in one place in Kansas as a solution to the problem of tornadoes; all the tornadoes in the country converged on that one spot in a few hours and then they had no more tornadoes for years. Or something like that.

I've actually read this same article several times in the past, by which I mean I've seen the same kind of fear-mongering over the idea of the likelihood of "something really bad" happening in some period of time. I don't know if this is a specialty of Deutshe Bank or if they just cribbed the technique from others.

The technique relies on the nature of probability when it comes to calculating the probability of any one of a set of events occurring in some time period. It turns out that the way to compute this is to compute the probability of none of those events occurring in that time. Let's say you want to know how likely it is that you can roll a 6 sided die 3 times without seeing a 1. It's easier than it might seem. Just look at the probability of getting something other than a 1 for a given roll. This is 5/6. The combined probability of independent events is found by multiplying the probability of each event together. So the likelihood of not seeing a 1 in 3 rolls is 5/6 raised to the 3rd power or 125/216 which is about 58%. Thus, the likelihood of seeing a 1 at least once in 3 rolls is about 42%.

Now you know how to write an "OMG, there's a 1/3 chance of (this, that, the other, or something else,....) happening in the next X years. You just look up the probability of each of a set of rather unlikely events occurring in that time, subtract from 1 so you have the probability of it not occuring, and then multiply these inverse probabilities together until your combined probability of not having any of those things happen is down to say, 2/3. Now you can write, quite correctly, that the probability of at least one of those bad things happening is 1/3. Anyone with access to Wikipedia and a good imagination can produce this crap.

The globalized ruling class is very interested in developing a new system of social control based on the clever use of statistical facts offered out of context and without any caveats to drive mass hysteria in the directions they prefer. Another good example is the current media chatter about the putative "second wave" of Covid-19. The "evidence" they've typically produced for this is always based on some localized outbreak in some state with a low number of cases to start with. Since the US is a large country with diverse regions, you can almost always find such a place. In this video the presenter gives the example of the media focus on Alabama, where there was a small outbreak a while back. The media then quietly forgot about Alabama, without of course issuing a retraction or correction and has now moved on to Arizona.

The overall goal of all these counsels of fear, panic, and insecurity coming out of mainstream media seems to be to convince people to surrender their freedoms while political elites with close ties to the media are always on hand to offer "solutions" that just happen to expand their power and limit our freedom.

Last Edited:
The other thing about such stats is when they are applied to an individual.

E.G., they may claim you have a X in Y chance of being attacked by a grizzly bear. But if you, as an individual, never go anywhere that there is a grizzly bear, then you have really a near zero chance of being attacked by a grizzly bear. OTOH, if you spend most of your time in an area where grizzlies frequent, you probably have a much higher chance of being attacked.

In short, while the stats may be true for a large sample of a population, they may quite invalid for you as an individual.

That aside, the article talks about large scale events that impact a lot of people, pretty much regardless of where and who they are.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top