JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All it took during Katrina was a rumor of a gasoline shortage and bingo! Self-fulfilling prophesy. When everybody tries to top their tanks, all the supplies disappear in ONE NIGHT.

All it took during Katrina was a rumor of a gasoline shortage and bingo! Self-fulfilling prophesy. When everybody tries to top their tanks, all the supplies disappear in ONE NIGHT.

True.

During the huge 2'' snow store in Seattle, the highways around the whole Puget Sound became a parking lot. People ran out of gas and there was a run on gasoline at the same time. Many gas stations ran out until fuel trucks came in to refill. If it was a real situation, ie earthquake, it would be 10X worse.

During the huge 2'' snow store in Seattle, the highways around the whole Puget Sound became a parking lot. People ran out of gas and there was a run on gasoline at the same time.

For as long as I can remember I have pleaded with my wife and daughter to fill their tanks when they got down to 1/2 tank. "You will always have enough gas to get home, even if you are stuck in traffic, plus you will have some extra in case gas stations can't pump fuel," I tell them. Do they listen? Do they do it? Nooooo... Never!

For as long as I can remember I have pleaded with my wife and daughter to fill their tanks when they got down to 1/2 tank. "You will always have enough gas to get home, even if you are stuck in traffic, plus you will have some extra in case gas stations can't pump fuel," I tell them. Do they listen? Do they do it? Nooooo... Never!

My wife does it. You know how? Because I fill-up the tank on her car every single week whether she needs it or not. Shop for groceries; fill up the car. Otherwise, she'd probably run out of gas even on a good day.

My wife does it. You know how? Because I fill-up the tank on her car every single week whether she needs it or not. Shop for groceries; fill up the car. Otherwise, she'd probably run out of gas even on a good day.

Me too. I tried talking to my wife about it, but we don't see eye to eye on that. So, I too fill up her gas tank and make it happen.

So how long do we (the collective readers) think it will take before the golden horde starts to move and how long till it reaches the suburbs?

-d

Ok... those of you who routinely fill up your wife's gas tanks better listen to this. If you keep filling their tanks they will eventually think low gas tanks refill automatically. Some day, when you are in bed with the flu or a broken leg or something, they are going to run out of gas and will have their car towed to a service center to "get it fixed." Just wait.

One of the reasons my Suburban is a Flex Fuel.
+1 for steel containers as well, plastic is bad for long term.
If you get the 15 gal drums they are still easy to handle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top