Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Correctthought, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Correctthought

Correctthought The big PDX and Vicinity Member

Just a heads up, a Zombie Mini Series coming up: The Walking Dead:

The Walking Dead AMC Series - Official Site - AMC

I suspect that many useful tips can be gleaned to prepare for the Zombpocolypse.

((Just trying to add some silliness, although the living dead are no laughing matter))

2. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

If you are into zombies and/or planning for zombie apocolypse there are a couple books you might find useful and/or entertaining. One is called Feed by Mira Grant, the other is The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

3. Correctthought

Correctthought The big PDX and Vicinity Member

Thank you, the Zombie Survival Guide is a must for anybody serious about zombies....

Will check out Feed; haven't heard about it.

4. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Just saw the trailer. Looks great but the begining looks a lot like the begining of resident evil/28 days later though...i guess zombie outbreaks only happens when key people are in a coma. Bill Murray got it right by dressing up as a zombie and moving about with them.

5. Retro Adam

Retro Adam N PDX New Member

Yeah, but it got him all killed now, didn't it. :D

6. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

don't forget "World War Z" by Max Brooks as well

I didn't know they were making a tv series from "The Walking Dead", really enjoyed that comic series, haven't read any in quite a while though

7. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

It did but not by zombies

8. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

+1 on World war Z.

Zombieland was an awesome movie too. But IMO it was the emotional equivalent of tickling someone till they have had all the tickling they can take, then kneeing them in the groin. If you have seen it you know what I mean. If you have not seen it you should...just be sure to have some kleenex on hand.

9. albundy

albundy Portland New Member

This series seems like it has a LOT of potential, last I knew they've only secured 6 episodes though so lets hope it does well. Sure it seems to rip off 28 Days Later in the beginning but being produced by the guy(s) who did Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile -- I'm betting it delivers.

By the way, there's also been talk of a Zombieland 2..
    http://zombieland2.movie-trailer.com/

10. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

This will kick major ***... the comic series is really good. Can't wait!!!!!

11. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I hope that this has a fan base which will keep it on longer than 1 season or even worse 1/2 season!

It seems that many of the shows I like don't stick around (Jericho anyone). AMC seems to gear toward a different crowd than the lower channels (channel numbers) which simply gear themselves to making people into zombies (can we have another doctor show please)...

But back on subject; I can't wait to see it Sunday night!

12. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

IFC is showing "Dead Set" this week for fans of British Zombies

13. SavageGerbil

Just a reminder, the season premiere is Halloween at 10pm :)

14. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Ok, I have to relate this story, just because it makes me chuckle every time I tell it;

A couple days ago I was watching the premiere, now take note that I'm up at 0400 every day, in the dark, with my headphones on and all sounds of the outside world muffled. No spoilers in this really, but there is a part with a little girl zombie shuffling towards the camera. Just at that moment my 4 year old comes shuffling around the corner of my desk with his head held in the same position as the girl, hair hanging down around his face.

I'm not one for being jumpy but I swear I cleared a foot right out of my seat when he came into view. Laughed for at least 5 minutes and gave him some chocolate for his superb Z impression.

15. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I actually didn't like that. They weren't the Romero classic Z, they're the 28 days-chase-your-***-like-a-sprinter-Z.

16. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

:laugh:

Keith

17. SavageGerbil

Saw a pre-air of the first episode, more than lived up to expectations! Few differences from the comics for the nerds like me, but excellent just the same

18. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I like The Walking Dead comic. Not sure about this new TV show. I have not watched the pilot yet, but I saw the trailer. Thought it was funny when someone tells a guy with a glock to make sure his safety is off. Also, is it just me or does the gun sound effect sound exactly like the colt python sound effect from the half life games?

I do not like "Zombie Survival Guide." Isn't that the one with ridiculous nonsense in it like ".22lr is great because it bounces around inside the skull."

19. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

If you're really into weird...

Amazon.com: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! (9781594743344): Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith: Books

Keith (Honestly, the zombies improved the story immensely. I can't imagine anyone actually being able to read Austen's book as originally written :sleep: . Beautiful katana-weilding sisters saving Victorian England from the flesh-eating Unmentionable Hoardes. What more could you ask for in a Romance?)

20. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

it worked until he got shot...lol.