JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think AMC's "Walking Dead" was pretty awesome! The make up/ special effects was pretty cool for a tv show. I'm gonna definitely give it a shot. Also another really great amc show is "Breaking Bad" if you haven't seen it. You are definitely missing out!

great series, horrible gun representation.

Beginning of the series, he has to remind his deputy to chamber a round.... and turn the fake safety off on his glock... complete with sound effects.
Or the latest episode when he's "cleaning" his shotgun with a bare brass rod, and the licking of the brush was interesting to say the least.

still, good series.

I think AMC's "Walking Dead" was pretty awesome! The make up/ special effects was pretty cool for a tv show. I'm gonna definitely give it a shot. Also another really great amc show is "Breaking Bad" if you haven't seen it. You are definitely missing out!
I cant stand that show. It's like an incredibly depressing and non-funny version of the show "weeds".

I like the show, but it definitely needs more AR, or other cool gun stuff (they found a military unit that was overrun, they could supply from there).

The one guy who could possibly been a cool gun nut character was written as an ***, completely crazy, and endangering everyone around him.

They should of just shot the racist guy on the roof and used him for zombie bait. And wtf is up with him sawing his hand off, when he could of started sawing through the little strip of metal he was cuffed to, then gave it a few kicks?

I want a crossbow though :D

They should of just shot the racist guy on the roof and used him for zombie bait. And wtf is up with him sawing his hand off, when he could of started sawing through the little strip of metal he was cuffed to, then gave it a few kicks?

Yeah, that did not make sense. Plus, he would be dead now if he did it.

PS: that show made me want a crossbow too. :)

great series, horrible gun representation.
As is still in a lot of movies and TV shows. I really like the ones where the hero starts shooting with one kind of gun and then a few seconds later in the next scene he/she is carrying another. Another pet peeve for me is military in the movies. Being a 'stickler' for detail I am always picking apart the mistakes made when the military is represented and even in 2010 the mistakes made are often - but they (the movie industry) are getting better than it used to be.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. It was a hack-saw wasn't it? For metal, not flesh. :s0112:

What annoyed me was the big discussion to retrieve the dropped bag of guns. Apparently, no one can find a gun in Georgia. :s0114:

Of course, half the towns in Georgia have gun shops and almost every home. But nooooo, they have to go into zombie infested Atlanta for the only guns left...

Ridiculous.

What annoyed me was the big discussion to retrieve the dropped bag of guns. Apparently, no one can find a gun in Georgia. :s0114:

Of course, half the towns in Georgia have gun shops and almost every home. But nooooo, they have to go into zombie infested Atlanta for the only guns left...

Ridiculous.
That is exactly what I was saying. I was like "they could go back and risk their lives for a few guns...or they could head about 5 miles in any direction and find a gunshop to loot." :)

In the bag of guns was also that walkie-talkie that the sheriff needed to use to warn the man and his son that saved his life about the heavily zombie infested city.

This.

Plus, they already knew exactly where the bag of guns was, and since they were going to be in the neighborhood rescuing the psycho (which was also a bad idea), why not?

Typically, handcuffs cant be cut by a hacksaw. They're way too hard.
Not sure why they chose that one point to be "realistic" with though.

When I watched it my thoughts were that the piece of "allthread" he was cuffed to would have been the easiest thing to cut, that stuff is easy to cut with a hacksaw plus it's secured like it's in a vice where as the cuffs/chain would be flopping around.

walkingdead2.jpg

Then there is the though that the fitting to the left of his ear appears to be a pinch fitting which could have just been kicked off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads