JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More YouTube click bait nonsense. Why does everyone "fanboy" over these stupid channels?

Last Edited:
Municipal laws against any sort of carrying were apparently relatively common and weren't challenged in the courts. You'll see that sort of thing depicted in some cowboy films, but the practice went back much earlier.

Free non-whites had no redress if no one allowed them to buy a gun or vote. The difference between now and then was that many people had no ability to challenge legal disparities. Now even a very poor person can find the backing to challenge an unjust law.

Many of the restrictions we have now are on things that didn't exist in 1776. But I agree that there are more Federal and state level gun laws than there were 200 years ago.
You are right about municipal laws, while not history, popular western movies also depict this with "no guns in town" types of laws.

I can see it being advantageous as a sheriff/lawman not to have people rolling into town armed, then getting drunk.

Maybe. But my take is that further state or federal restrictions on handguns wouldn't be held back by carry laws. Get rid of handguns (or make them very difficult to own or obtain) and the proliferation of concealed carry goes away.
Anything can happen, but if you have a Scotus decision and state laws that specifically name handguns as the only acceptable weapon to satisfy CC laws, it becomes difficult for the courts to not invalidate a handgun ban.

However, you pistol might have a three round mag. :D

but if you have a Scotus decision and state laws that specifically name handguns as the only acceptable weapon to satisfy CC laws, it becomes difficult for the courts to not invalidate a handgun ban.
We're getting into very speculative territory here. But I have to disagree, in that I think the CC laws would be subordinate to basic possession laws. If handgun possession was banned outright, CC would be a moot point. Just my opinion and I'm not a Constitutional lawyer.

We're getting into very speculative territory here. But I have to disagree, in that I think the CC laws would be subordinate to basic possession laws. If handgun possession was banned outright, CC would be a moot point. Just my opinion and I'm not a Constitutional lawyer.
Well, I think that most courts look at the totality of law, and if CC laws come from a Constitutional right, then the courts would generally concede that the CC laws bolster the claim that handguns are part of that protected right. Because saying that CC laws are for rifles would be a laughable proposition.

More YouTube click bait nonsense. Why does everyone "fanboy" over these stupid channels?
It may be clickbait, but at least there are people out there getting us info so we are somewhat apprised of what is going on. Better that then having some brownshirt nark us out at the range and then have the "new Gestapo" roll up, steal our stuff and shove us in a cell for the next 10 - 15 years because they are following the new "Der Fuhrer's" orders.

It may be clickbait, but at least there are people out there getting us info so we are somewhat apprised of what is going on. Better that then having some brownshirt nark us out at the range and then have the "new Gestapo" roll up, steal our stuff and shove us in a cell for the next 10 - 15 years because they are following the new "Der Fuhrer's" orders.

CD8170A9-3F0C-4F29-B7F1-7B7C377A908E.jpeg

Just wait, I know many who have lived under the soviet regimes, most of them are older and most of them see the United States moving closer and closer to communism/fascism and it scares the hell out of them...

Look around you, we are seeing it happen right before our eyes. The banning of private gun ownership is just the final big push before they follow through completely with their intentions.

Just wait, I know many who have lived under the soviet regimes, most of them are older and most of them see the United States moving closer and closer to communism/fascism and it scares the hell out of them...

Look around you, we are seeing it happen right before our eyes. The banning of private gun ownership is just the final big push before they follow through completely with their intentions.
No one is taking my guns. Period.

Go spew that nonsense to someone else.

Heller 2008 enshrined that semiautomatic handguns are protected by 2A, and that the 2A is an individual right.

Staples 1997..... that decision was about an illegally modified AR15, requiring that the Government must show proof that the defendant had prior knowledge and knew that his rifle was capable of full auto fire because of the illegal modification. However.. in the dissent joined by RBG nonetheless :s0001: it basically stated that semiautomatic rifles are protected by 2A and are commonly possessed for lawful purposes.

That Four Box Diners guy has several videos on the impact of the Staples 1997 dissent.

Caetano, a stun gun case; built off from Heller but as it was never formally decided/judged after the Supremes sent it back to State District....the "commonly possessed/used for lawful purposes" threshold of 200,000+ has not been codified nor used against anything else since then. There is a chance that Justices Scalia and Thomas may revisit the Caetano opinion and use it against the DOJ/ATF regarding pistol brace rules and quite possibly regarding silencers but the chances are quite slim and we may not get what we want.

On the other hand... if Congress is able to just add a new category of "assault weapons" to the NFA and pass it as law to put AR15s, AKs, and all variants thereof, including handguns, firearms, rifles... into a tax-stamp required category.... using the excuse that there's more than 2 million silencers and the Hearing Protection Act has continually failed to remove silencers from the NFA, that even with the weapons being "in common use"; they are still "dangerous and unusual" :rolleyes: edit. Honestly, it'd be a herculean challenge for the Feds to be able to get all 25-50+ million "assault weapons" (not just rifles but also pistols and otherwise firearms) turned in :rolleyes:

It's a matter of non-compliance, not shielding oneself from reality.
I understand, but what does it matter? they will just kill us anyway right? Knowing what the feds have done in the past is it such a stretch to think that they will just kill everyone who does not comply with their edicts?

I understand, but what does it matter? they will just kill us anyway right? Knowing what the feds have done in the past is it such a stretch to think that they will just kill everyone who does not comply with their edicts?
If they come to kill you. Be ready to fight. Non-compliance is key. Draw your line in that sand and be confident and ready wherever it is that you stand.

No, they won't kill us, they'll wait until we die off. Why do you think they are so hellbent on education 'reform'?

If they come to kill you. Be ready to fight. Non-compliance is key. Draw your line in that sand and be confident and ready wherever it is that you stand.
But what of those who say they will do that very thing, yet cower when faced with that situation?

I think the powers that be are betting on everyone tucking their tail between their legs and giving up.
Why else would they be so brazen and act out against the American public and the Constitution.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top