JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But what of those who say they will do that very thing, yet cower when faced with that situation?

I think the powers that be are betting on everyone tucking their tail between their legs and giving up.
Why else would they be so brazen and act out against the American public and the constitution.
Cause many Americans are weak and have no spine. It's easy to talk from a keyboard.

If they are truly afraid of repercussions from gun owners, they would have never posited nor proposed nor written anti-2A bills... but they are not afraid of American gun owners... why? We didn't do anything as brazen, as bold, as destructive as the "mostly peaceful protests" were, in the wake of several things.

If they are truly afraid of repercussions from gun owners, they would have never posited nor proposed nor written anti-2A bills... but they are not afraid of American gun owners... why? We didn't do anything as brazen, as bold, as destructive as the "mostly peaceful protests" were, in the wake of several things.
Of course not, it helps with their ultimate agenda....

But what of those who say they will do that very thing, yet cower when faced with that situation?

I think the powers that be are betting on everyone tucking their tail between their legs and giving up.
Why else would they be so brazen and act out against the American public and the Constitution.
There's no right answer. I think in the long run we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Things have to get way, way worse for anyone to take up arms. Life is still petty damn good. That will have to change.

I agree. Problem is, they know this as well.
Not my problem.

The only person I have control over is me. I know where I stand and that's all that matters to me. My beliefs and my actions are my own. The government can go kick rocks. #APAC

The day a million+ gun owners decide enough is enough and they're angry enough... the day they decide its high time to retake their Rights and decide its worth dying... is going to be a fearsome day indeed.

She.
Perhaps ultimately, that is what they are afraid of.... and why they want to disarm everyone.

Why else would they be so brazen and act out against the American public and the Constitution.
If they're as bad as we're to believe, they would be smart to be concerned. A more workable plan might be to continue to ride close to the edge - not enough overreach to cause massive civil unrest, but enough to make tangible progress. Eventually, I'd guess they would expect to reach a point where that unrest will be too small to spoil their plans. I'm not claiming to have evidence of that; it's just an interesting line of thought.

No one is taking my guns. Period.

Go spew that nonsense to someone else.
100 years from now when the grandchildren and great grandchildren of the gender confused generation have been voting, and for much of the population the last multiple generations were indoctrinated to believe the government will take care of them and they really don't need personal firearms. True, your guns won't be yours anymore because you'll be long dead, but the premise remains the same.

People who lived under totalitarian regimes have publicly stated they are concerned for America's trajectory. I'm not sure why this is even controversial.

There's no right answer. I think in the long run we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Things have to get way, way worse for anyone to take up arms. Life is still petty damn good. That will have to change.
I wonder how many gun owners have sat down with their family and decided what point is enough and warrants an armed response? I am guessing not many.

For the few that have arrived at a decision, was there unanimous approval among family members?

Historically, has there ever been a society that has rebelled against their govt only for the sake of private arms?
IIRC none, all societies have given up their private arms when demanded. Even the American Revolution was about taxes.

Last Edited:
Even the American Revolution was about taxes.
Not taxes, representation; ergo having a say in the government doing the taking.

But even that is a pretty simplistic "why".

Lots of gaps in this thread. Must be that brainwashed, flaming hypocrite that has me on ignore. No idea why anyone interacts with that one, they will never hear you over their spittle-flecked "hail victories". They hate you all. Repay them with indifference and silent scorn.

Not taxes, representation; ergo having a say in the government doing the taking.

But even that is a pretty simplistic "why".

Lots of gaps in this thread. Must be that brainwashed, flaming hypocrite that has me on ignore. No idea why anyone interacts with that one, they will never hear you over their spittle-flecked "hail victories". They hate you all. Repay them with indifference and silent scorn.
And then there are the ones who just want to win an argument. I'm not gonna name the current worst offender since he seems kinda sensitive. :D But we've both dealt with him.

To save you some time, at 7.20

The AR is profitable enough that manufactures are able to grow or even just stay in business by producing them, so taking the AR out of production would bankrupt many / most firearms manufactures regardless if the AR is their primary product.

Not a bad theory
Was it Colt or S&W that said they were no longer going to make Ar's because there's too many of them? Regardless, they didn't stop.

If it was indeed about safety :

It is easier to ban or restrict firearms...than it is to take a long , hard look at the actual causes of a so-called mass shooting...
As well as taking actual productive , useful steps to help stop this issue.

However....
Since it ain't really about safety ....but more about control...
It's easier to control people if they are disarmed.

And yes I know the above posting is conjecture.

With that said...
All my life there has been some sort of gun control and or firearm restrictions....yet we still have people who shoot other people.
We also have 20,000 or so firearm laws already in place.
It seems to me that laws , bans and restrictions , ain't doing a damn thing here...
Except making it difficult for those ain't a problem to get or keep their firearms.

Andy

They did go HEAVY after hand guns many decades back. It got to the point a lot of people really thought they were going to see the day almost all handguns would be made a no go. The same party who has always been behind this push is also the best friend freedom lovers could have. While they were trying to do away with most handgun they managed to greatly increase crime. So more and more people started buying handguns for home and later for carry. After a while the people who were pushing it all but gave up. So now they have re grouped and are going for a different gun.
Well said. Now, I should buy several more AR and AK "platform" rifles- with standard capacity mags and case upon case of ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top