JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if there will ever be a time when the statists run out of money buying jail cells to stick everyone in. We have half a million more people in prison then China, 4x the prison population of Brazil. Let that sink in, look at China's population, we have more in prison then them.

Why must they come up with more reasons to put people in prison? And a class B felony which is worse then owning a machine gun illegally which is a class C felony? So, owning an AR15 without registering warrants 25 years to life? IP 43 is poop

A couple of questions related to this thread,

1. Can you sell your firearm to someone in a state that does not require a FFL transfer, FTF in other state? How would OSP track this?

2. If a person residing in Oregon buys a long-gun through a FFL in Washington State, does it show up on OSP's records?

A couple of questions related to this thread,

1. Can you sell your firearm to someone in a state that does not require a FFL transfer, FTF in other state? How would OSP track this?

2. If a person residing in Oregon buys a long-gun through a FFL in Washington State, does it show up on OSP's records?

1. That state may require FFL transfers when a firearms comes from out of state but may not require it in state. It also may restrict what firearms can be done this way.

2. I think you can only do so with long guns, but hand guns would need to go to a local FFL in Oregon.
I don't think thats changed.

This is not legals advice its just what I recall maybe someone can clarify as I haven't done it my self.

1. That state may require FFL transfers when a firearms comes from out of state but may not require it in state. It also may restrict what firearms can be done this way.

2. I think you can only do so with long guns, but hand guns would need to go to a local FFL in Oregon.
I don't think thats changed.

This is not legals advice its just what I recall maybe someone can clarify as I haven't done it my self.
I know that you cannot buy handguns in Washington if you are an Oregon resident, but you can buy long guns. My question is whether that transaction shows up in Oregon's records.

From my understanding no state has this information state to state level, even stolen guns from my understanding are very hard to track state to state as there is no mass data base persay. Which varies on whom you ask.

Reading your question, if you are thinking if ballot #43 passes this would be a loop hole according what I have read you will not be allowed to bring in any prohibited firearms into the state if it passes, and you wont be able to register them either. That said hypothetically if one brought a long rifle in the only way a inquire would happen is if the person who own that firearm they brought in was checked by LEO etc and then good luck trying to find out where it came from unless it was involved in a crime police are not going to a search on every gun they come across unless they have to.

So according to the ballot even if you bought a gun and brought it in legally you would by law be required to register it. How would they know if you didn't? They wouldn't, another law that wont do sheeet but add to a already complicated system.

This all can be effected by how long all this crap is held up in court, its a hard time to know what will happen as each law passed and this measure makes it about as effective as trying to hold water in a strainer, and then there is 2019 who knows what they will throw up on this as well and how much will be grandfathered, or retroactive. Gives me a damn headache.

@Pete F ,
I am sure you would admit a car is much bigger then a firearms?
A few years ago a man stole in Portland a Caddy SUV, he drove it down to Medford area I think it was anyway and sold it online I think Craigs, the thief gave the guy a bill of sale and forged a title search for the buyer.
The buyer never went to the DMV he had just moved from California and didn't realize that you get to keep
the balance of the Registration so he wanted run it out or something like that was the buyers story. He drove the car nearly two years and finally went down to file a lost title and found out it was stolen.
I know you were not asking about anything stolen and I am not suggesting at all you were, my point was a car that was stolen and being looked for was not found...until the person made contact......food for thought.:rolleyes:
Imagine if something was lawful would anyone look ever? Hmm who knows,

So basically those already ignoring dumb gun laws should continue ignoring new dumb gun laws? The only guns this should impact are those sold through a FFL after 8/2015. If there is no state record after that, then it could conceivably have been purchased prior to that date without a record, and the police would have to go to the original purchaser and track down every subsequent owner, hoping they kept records, to recreate the ownership trail. Unless the gun owner incriminates himself of course. Are there any prosecutions of SB941 yet? They didn't even go after the widely publicized pastor breaking the law.

I know that you cannot buy handguns in Washington if you are an Oregon resident, but you can buy long guns. My question is whether that transaction shows up in Oregon's records.

So basically those already ignoring dumb gun laws should continue ignoring new dumb gun laws? The only guns this should impact are those sold through a FFL after 8/2015. If there is no state record after that, then it could conceivably have been purchased prior to that date without a record, and the police would have to go to the original purchaser and track down every subsequent owner, hoping they kept records, to recreate the ownership trail. Unless the gun owner incriminates himself of course. Are there any prosecutions of SB941 yet? They didn't even go after the widely publicized pastor breaking the law.

I have never seen any post on prosecutions under sb 941. Maybe the pastor case is a major issue since not prosecuted.

There has been no violations I know of and I try and keep track. Felons have been busted in possesion of firearms but thats been a law for decades so as we all know SB941 did not save one life in 3 years and did not find one conviction in 3 years, all on a bill that had an emergency clause....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top