JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It'll develope into an annual thing.
I sure hope not.

I am over all of this BS. It is going to turn into something similar to the flu in my opinion. Just another illness that humanity will live with.
What should not be tolerated is the destruction of careers and lives that is currently happening. Those folks who made the mandates and enforced them should be tarred, feathered, and fitted for a custom noose/tree combination.

So, my son felt " sick" yesterday (I'm going to need to have a discussion with him about this) and the school nurse insisted he either quarantine for 10 days or get a negative COVID test. At home testing allowed.
The real kicker? The school doesn't require proof of a negative COVID test, just our "word". Wow, talk about lax. Since my wife had already purchased the test kit before we knew they would simply accept "scout's honor" I told my wife we could've saved $25 and just told the school he had a negative test.

Anyways, had to tell my son to not be so quick to go to the nurse office, it turned out he felt better before his mom picked him up, but the COVID rule already took effect.

So, my son felt " sick" yesterday (I'm going to need to have a discussion with him about this) and the school nurse insisted he either quarantine for 10 days or get a negative COVID test. At home testing allowed.
The real kicker? The school doesn't require proof of a negative COVID test, just our "word". Wow, talk about lax. Since my wife had already purchased the test kit before we knew they would simply accept "scout's honor" I told my wife we could've saved $25 and just told the school he had a negative test.

Anyways, had to tell my son to not be so quick to go to the nurse office, it turned out he felt better before his mom picked him up, but the COVID rule already took effect.

My boy was home sick on Friday. Fever at 102.5°. Started feeling sick Thursday afternoon. He came home and went to bed. His fever finally broke Saturday afternoon.
We did the home test Friday evening. Negative.

What i suspect will happen throughout this year is that kids will have several colds/illnesses now that they are back in school with their fellow germ factories and essentially are starting over on the exposure side of things.

Screenshot_20211022-142358.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads