JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparent changes in weight below about 5 lbs don't mean much. For starters, unless your scale is more than a typical bathroom scale, its probably only reproducible within about 2 or three lbs. In fact, when I use my bathroom scale I step onto it, note weight, step off and move the scale a little, step on again, note weight, etc, for three measurement, and circle and count the median. They usually vary over 3lbs.

Second, you can, indeed, hold 2 or more lbs of feces and urine. If you take mostly one big dump sometime in the morning you might want to step on the scale after instead of sometimes after and sometimes after. Finally, your tissues can be holding variable amounts of water that can easily add another couple of pounds of variability. If you've eaten more salt your tissues hold more water for a while. If you weigh yourself with clothes on that introduces more variability. Given all these factors, during periods when I was tracking my weight I found it unuseful to weigh myself more than once a week. Or to consider as significant anything less than 5 lbs of change unless it persisted the following week.
I do look for weight to be trending in one direction or another.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews