JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure they have to have a copy of the bill there for people to read .
If they don't then all those signatures would be invalid . wouldn't they .
If I am asked to sign a petition, am I entitled to read the petition or the proposed measure before I make up my mind?
Yes. State law requires that petitions contain certain information, including the full text of the measure.

Signers aren't required to read anything. But there HAS TO BE a full & true copy of the initiative there if anyone wants to read it.
People not reading these things is why a$$wipe laws get voted in.

Dan

If I am asked to sign a petition, am I entitled to read the petition or the proposed measure before I make up my mind?
Yes. State law requires that petitions contain certain information, including the full text of the measure.

Signers aren't required to read anything. But there HAS TO BE a full & true copy of the initiative there if anyone wants to read it.

Dan
I know stupid people don't read it they just sign.
But if you walk up and ask for a copy of the bill to read before you sign and they don't have one.
For you to read then all those signatures they collected that day are invalid.
I don't know what you would have to do to get them removed or not counted .

I know stupid people don't read it they just sign.
But if you walk up and ask for a copy of the bill to read before you sign and they don't have one.
For you to read then all those signatures they collected that day are invalid.
I don't know what you would have to do to get them removed or not counted .

Pee on em!

Dan

Dan, thank you for the info. Will include it in my questioning. I'm just pissed and can't stand this crap that they are pulling over the state's and country.
Thanks again!
Mike

Dan, thank you for the info. Will include it in my questioning. I'm just pissed and can't stand this crap that they are pulling over the state's and country.
Thanks again!
Mike
Appreciate it Mike,
Here's the scenario... These people already have 3 million dollars on the books to do whatever, & yes that includes having paid signature gatherers to stand and lie about the context of the bill by any private company/entity that permits them access to the public. (like walmart-etc) We have a couple of choices here, either invoke your civic and constitutional rights to speak out against said petitioners with facts and risk being removed from said property or else start writing letters & buying ads that describe the truth. The MORE we can make the news in a non-violent/threating way, the more ground & support we gain. Our voice IS NOT BEING HEARD! Just that damn simple. We have to be a grass roots campaign or get buried. Make some flyers and hand them out?

Here's an example from whomever posted a link here. I followed the link and the story was misleading. I wrote the author and received a response. here's the context...
[email protected]
Your article of..
Time is short to qualify the gun-restriction ballot measure | HeraldNet.com
is incorrect. There is no such thing as "semiautomatic assault rifles".
I-1639, if passed, would "CREATE" one.

The writer responded as follows:
Thank you for your note.
I appreciate your point. It will be part of the debate because the word assault is contained in the initiative.
Jerry Cornfield
Reporter
The Daily Herald | 1800 41st Street, S-300 | Everett, WA 98203
360-352-8623 | 52220 | m 425-387-5167 | www.heraldnet.com

Point being is to enlighten & inform without being disparaging to authors/public that write/print incorrect information. Most of them have NO CLUE as to what constitutional rights they or the public are willfully surrendering.

Most everyone on this forum are of like minds but opposing minds probably don't tread here so our comments etc are preaching to the choir. We need to be preaching to the congregation! I'm asking EVERYONE here to write letters to EVERYONE they can (like newspapers/radios stations/tv stations) and spread the word about the bs in I-1639. Picket the signature gatherers until you get thrown out. We need to stop the signature gatherers in their tracks. ANY help from the NRA, NRA-ILA, SAF or whomever for advertising against this would sure be nice. I already put out $120 for the next 4 weeks in the Nickels in eastern Washington. More effort is needed but requires people to step up and get the word out ASAP.

Dan

I just spread the word to several folks on this with the SOS links. I know at least some of them will pass it on to others as well.

I think many (most?) of us were breathing a sigh of relief after just about all the other legislation a few months ago crashed and burned. What's it been? A whopping 3-4 months? Now this, and like 594, has a much better chance of slipping through if we're not paying attention or complacent. As 594 is showing us, after its enacted, its too late...there's really no 'debating' at that point.

There should be 'Alert' banners outside of every sporting good shop in Washington about this measure. At the very least, every active gun owner/sports enthusiast should be informed, aware, and ready to vote on this.

Here's hoping they fall short on gathering the signatures.

On a positive note, I did see a full-fledge 'Join the NRA' commercial on prime-time TV (Fox) and not at 3 am between the Snuggie infomercials...I don't recall seeing that any time recently. I actually had to do kind of a double take.

BOSS

Last Edited:
Anyone find any of this petitioners out today? The idea of hovering over these folks is appealing...and seems maybe like an way to inhibit the gathering signatures and influence some via this educational process sponsered by the Uber rich.

My mom just came back from the Safeway in ANACORTES .
She said they were there and my neighbor told me the same thing .they have two old ladies sitting at a table and a guy BASICALLY standing in the side walk yelling .IF YOU WANT SAFE GUN LAWS IN WASHINGTON SIGN THE PETITION.
My neighbor ask for some thing to read told them she will not sign until she reads it.they had the basics and gave her a WEBSITE .
mom said we don't need any more laws .just more law enforcement .lol we already have enough gun laws .she also told Them she's a NRA MEMBER .LOL HEHEHE

My sister said they are at the Safeway gas station also here in Anacortes Washington .lol she also said she saw a few people tell them no and one person tell the manager of the Safeway .that they are not happy having them bothering them out front .
So we will see if they are there tomorrow .BE BECAUSE IM GOING SHOPPING TOMORROW

Going shopping lol MVIMG_20180612_174143.jpg

Good, concise info here: Signature gatherers are reportedly getting $5-$10 per signature...that tells you right there why they're REALLY there.

https://saveoursecurity.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/1639-Paid-Signature-Handout-PDF.pdf

I fail to see how enacting laws that would do things like prohibit a 20 year-old, active-duty military member, who's served this country in overseas combat with a govt. issued full-auto M4, from purchasing a little .22 semi-auto rifle like a Ruger 10/22 is going to make us 'safer.'

But then again, as usual, this isn't about 'safety,' its about control.

Instead maybe there should be laws that make actions like unlawfully harming/shooting others illegal... that'll put a stop to all this 'gun violence.' Oh wait...

BOSS

Lmao. I mean Open Carry! But I have 2 of those blaster things too.

How did it go?
Lol I thought you were talking about O.C. spray lol my sister told me that they left .im going down to the store later today .
I have to take my mom to her eye doctor appointment and she can't drive after so I have to drive her . so I will see if they are there today

I have not seen any in my area (yet). I've printed out a bunch of copies of the SOS handout for my car which, while it is a little over the top, will hopefully get people to at least think about what's going on.

I spoke briefly with Clark County Gun Range to have some flyers/poster to inform patrons of I-1639. When I get time will stop by Sportsman's Warehouse to see about putting out some info also. Sportsman's does a record amount of business with new/current gun owners. Hopefully we can contact as many businesses to inform the public. Actually I'm quite surprised with the lack of opposition with this measure (although it is not on the ballot yet).

How is Saveoursecurity.net? I have not really seen them around and am cautious of my affiliations. Any reviews and info is appreciated. Using their info/organization would be a plus.

I stay off of social media and only frequent a few forums...so I didn't see them on FB.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads