JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Illinois State Police Law of the Civil Administrative Code of Illinois. Provides that the Division of Criminal Investigation of the Illinois State Police shall conduct other investigations as provided by law, including, but not limited to, investigations of human trafficking, illegal drug trafficking, and illegal firearms trafficking. Provides that the Division of Criminal Investigation shall provide statewide coordination and strategy pertaining to firearm-related intelligence, firearms trafficking interdiction, and investigations. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that a petitioner may request a plenary firearms restraining order of up to one-year, but not less than 6 months (rather than 6 months). Provides that the order may be renewed for an additional period of up to one year. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to manufacture, deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be manufactured, delivered, sold, or purchased by another, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 300 days after the effective date of the amendatory Act, with exemptions, and provides penalties. Prohibits the manufacture, delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, with specified exemptions, and provides penalties. Makes other changes. Amends the Illinois Procurement Code to make conforming changes. Contains a severability provision. Effective immediately.

There is no definition of assault weapon in there so basically unless I assault somebody with it it's not an assault weapon.

There is no definition of assault weapon in there so basically unless I assault somebody with it it's not an assault weapon.
There is in the full text. Around page 60 by name as well as by characteristic.

Passed by vote around 2am in a lame duck session. Bneaky Sastards.

I don't understand. They are adding language to a law about children's playground slides?
There's no regulations on what you can call a bill, so you can stuff whatever you want, wherever you want, under whatever name you want. It's an inherently dishonest act that any legislative body can use and frequently does use. The Patriot Act for example wouldn't have done well in the news if it was called the Domestic Surveillance Act.

There's also no regulation about what you can bundle together into a single bill, meaning you can tag high contentious items into a seemingly innocuous and bipartisan supported bill to try to slide it in without major public attention, or to force an unpopular change into a bill that has must be passed as a matter of normal function such as an omnibus funding package. In this manner, a weaker opposition cannot put up a fight without grinding the whole of government to a standstill via a shutdown or furlough which is extremely unpopular.

I don't understand. They are adding language to a law about children's playground slides?
...and raised the age for a FOID card to 21 and a mag ban to boot. Your guess is as good as mine what any of that has to do with kiddie slide, though. I guess you have to speak Illinoian.

From the WSILTV article above:

1673034087336.png

I'm sure all the criminals who commit nightly shootings in Chicago will be watching this closely, so they can make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed for their stolen guns. :rolleyes: :(:mad:

Southern Illinois is as rural as it gets. I can't imagine they give two sh* about what Chicago wants. Will be interesting to see how they enforce this BS.

So how is it banned? Purchase? Ownership? Grandfather clause? Don't have time to whack through the weeds on this one.
If you're not in Illinois, does it matter? If you are, I'm sure more news will be forthcoming... and can't expect others to "whack through the weeds" for you to present a concise synopsis of the whole shebang when it doesn't apply to us, right?

Looks to me like someone doesn't want the people to be able to effectively defend themselves.

The Rape Of Nanking

"During the Sino-Japanese War, Nanking, the capital of China, falls to Japanese forces, and the Chinese government flees to Hankow, further inland along the Yangtze River.

To break the spirit of Chinese resistance, Japanese General Matsui Iwane ordered that the city of Nanking be destroyed. Much of the city was burned, and Japanese troops launched a campaign of atrocities against civilians. In what became known as the "Rape of Nanking," the Japanese butchered an estimated 150,000 male "war prisoners," massacred an additional 50,000 male civilians, and raped at least 20,000 women and girls of all ages, many of whom were mutilated or killed in the process."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top