JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish Dominic would
I just watched part of the replay and it looks like drunk driver guy is playing duck-duck-goose over mine and my boyfriens's heads.

Did you guys get a chance to ask a question? Seemed like all of the questions except the lady down front that carries (loved how Knutson had to bring race into things BTW) were anti-2A.

I was at the event tonight. After it was over I asked Rev. Knutson if he had been to a rifle range in Oregon during the past 5 years. He said no. I told him since he says there are gun owners in his organization he should have one of them take him to a rifle range. I told him at least half the people there would be shooting ARs. He looked at me like I was an alien. I went on and told him that the guns he wants to ban are owned by millions of people yet are rarely used in crimes, and that more people are killed with knives, blunt objects, and hands/fists/feet than with rifles. He said "all guns"? I said no, rifles like the AR-15s. He kept saying "yeah, but all guns" are used in more murders, so I asked him "are you going to ban all guns?". He said no. He just didn't get it.

I brought 12-round and 10-round USP magazines (they are virtually identical) and I was going to ask him what was so evil about one of the magazines that it should be a FELONY to own, but I realized he wouldn't have a clue and wouldn't get the point.

Then I went to the IP 44 guy and him I have a gun safe and he has a gun safe and he had said all the gun owners he knows have safes, even though there is no law requiring one. I asked him if he seriously thought the people who don't keep their guns in a safe are going to run out and buy a gun safe if his initiative passes. He said it wasn't about buying a safe but "changing behavior". I pointed out that there aren't going to be house-to-house inspections to see if people are locking up their guns (he agreed) so the law would be enforced only AFTER guns had been stolen, when it was too late. It would only punish the victims of gun theft. It isn't going to change anyone's behavior but then he started talking about drunk driving and smoking.

I was the last person to leave so I showed the moderator from The Oregonian who was surprised to learn ARs are used for hunting Google images on my phone of people hunting with ARs. I also told her about the CNN report showing an AR-15 and 30-round magazines being used to control wild hogs that cause millions of dollars of crop damage

I was at the event tonight. After it was over I asked Rev. Knutson if he had been to a rifle range in Oregon during the past 5 years. He said no. I told him since he says there are gun owners in his organization he should have one of them take him to a rifle range. I told him at least half the people there would be shooting ARs. He looked at me like I was an alien. I went on and told him that the guns he wants to ban are owned by millions of people yet are rarely used in crimes, and that more people are killed with knives, blunt objects, and hands/fists/feet than with rifles. He said "all guns"? I said no, rifles like the AR-15s. He kept saying "yeah, but all guns" are used in more murders, so I asked him "are you going to ban all guns?". He said no. He just didn't get it.

I brought 12-round and 10-round USP magazines (they are virtually identical) and I was going to ask him what was so evil about one of the magazines that it should be a FELONY to own, but I realized he wouldn't have a clue and wouldn't get the point.

Then I went to the IP 44 guy and him I have a gun safe and he has a gun safe and he had said all the gun owners he knows have safes, even though there is no law requiring one. I asked him if he seriously thought the people who don't keep their guns in a safe are going to run out and buy a gun safe if his initiative passes. He said it wasn't about buying a safe but "changing behavior". I pointed out that there aren't going to be house-to-house inspections to see if people are locking up their guns (he agreed) so the law would be enforced only AFTER guns had been stolen, when it was too late. It would only punish the victims of gun theft. It isn't going to change anyone's behavior but then he started talking about drunk driving and smoking.

I was the last person to leave so I showed the moderator from The Oregonian who was surprised to learn ARs are used for hunting Google images on my phone of people hunting with ARs. I also told her about the CNN report showing an AR-15 and 30-round magazines being used to control wild hogs that cause millions of dollars of crop damage

Great job!!!!

I wanted to go back and watch some more of the debate, but it appears the video/link is gone now. I wonder why they took it down??

Anyone know of an archived location for that video?

Many thanks to everyone who went and spoke up.

The anti-gun lobby is trying to keep the debate in the public eye. They would not be participating in an open forum if they were currently winning. School is out, and people have the attention span of flies.

We need to keep the pressure up and get out the vote. Everyone needs to lobby at least on fence sitting parent, or friend, and we've got a shot..

And BTW, I'm really very tired of people being irrational and crying on TV like little babies. What an embarrassment. When did this become an acceptable form of debate? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I watched all I could stand. I had some molasses in the freezer about to flow uphill that needed watching. I thank Dominic for doing this. What a position he put himself in. Looking at the faces as he was speaking, they were blank. Nothing he said was soaking in. I pride myself on reading people. Body language, speech, demeanor tell me what kind of person they are *likely* to be. I tell ya', the reverend heard nothing, Kemp heard but nothing was going to change. At least Kemp isn't going before hundreds of people and using God/religion as motivation. THOSE are the kind of people that convince followers to drink poison because some god wants them home, with him. People using religion to pass law for every one. Isn't that illegal or something? Millions of people around the world have died because of religion, and here he wants to take firearms from the law abiding. o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top