JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm appalled as someone that respects facts, and data to back up arguments, but boy are claims being thrown around followed by, "I don't know," or, "I can't recall right now." That is now how you debate a claim, that's how you look like a fool.

Dominic did a great job. I started laughing when the guy in the back said "we have passed laws that prevent cancer from cigarettes and people from getting killed by drunk drivers. PREVENT!?!?!?

Gotta be kidding me! :rolleyes:

Wow, this lady is a plant. Waterworks, and everything...
I see the temptation to call her out on her outburst. She is acting out of fear and desperation. And when a gun-control advocate comes along with 'common sense' solutions? These types sink their teeth into it. It's something, so we have to do it. No matter what. It's something to soothe their fear.
Edit: these are the types the Rev Knutson and Ceasefire (Penny showed up in the comments near the end, FYI) prey on.

But truth be told, we need to pause and 'study' why she is acting the way she is. How to talk to her, and disarm her fear. A lot of people are in various stages of her state of mind, and we need to educate them on how not to be afraid.

Last Edited:
Dominic did a great job. I started laughing when the guy in the back said "we have passed laws that prevent cancer from cigarettes and people from getting killed by drunk drivers. PREVENT!?!?!?

Gotta be kidding me! :rolleyes:
More people die from DUI related deaths than gun homicides in Oregon. About 2-3 times more. Doesn't mean MADD didn't do a good job in reducing DUI deaths. But then again, MADD wasn't about making it harder for sober people to drive, or banning alcohol.

As has been pointed out on more than one occasion the gun death rate has been steadily dropping over the last 20 years, and that's according to FBI data. The CDC puts suicide nationally at 60% of gun deaths. By the Oregonian's own reporting the number of gun deaths by suicide in Oregon is at 80% of total gun deaths with the highest percentage in rural counties. Homicides are higher in areas of high poverty and high concentration of people. "Common sense" would indicate a focus on mental health and poverty as opposed to banning guns. But that is not on the docket of either party.

Well, that was... interesting. Dominic did a fine job. I was really impressed with the woman moderating. She had some good questions, unfortunately some of the best ones weren't answered very productively. There we definitely some pro-gun rights folks there besides myself and my SO. I raised my hand twice to ask a question but no dice. It was pretty frustrating with Father-talks-a-lot and all the Moms Damand Action outbursts but I'm glad I went.

More people die from DUI related deaths than gun homicides in Oregon. About 2-3 times more. Doesn't mean MADD didn't do a good job in reducing DUI deaths. But then again, MADD wasn't about making it harder for sober people to drive, or banning alcohol.
its illegal to drink and drive above .08 BAC. laws only affect law abiding.

murders illegal too.

people still drink and drive.

i say no laws and just let darwinism prevail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top