JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M3 Grease gun...as long as we're dreamin'
The S-2/3 section in my battalion in Vietnam had a small collection of obsolete types. One such was an M3 grease gun. M88 tracked recovery vehicles had a rack inside the hull for one of these, I think M48 crews had them. But otherwise, they weren't in use that I saw. I fired the one we had; they have a slow cyclic rate, like 450 rounds per minute, vice 800 +/- for a Thompson, M2 Carbine 750 +/-, and M16 which I think is also around 750-775, +/-.

I'm wondering how many of these might be in the legal population of papered automatic weapons in civilian hands. Surely none were released as surplus; maybe some PD's got some that later were re-sold into civilian hands.

Automatgevär m/42 6.5 X 55
I used to see Ljungman rifles for sale in the late 1960's in the larger shops that carried surplus arms. But they were all 8mm versions made for the Egyptians. I never owned nor fired one. I was more drawn to the German rifles. But I had a couple of the FN49's made for Egypt in 8mm, those were good rifles but heavy. Heavy used to never bother me, being as how I was used to K98 rifles. Everything was heavy back in those times.

Let's see, I need a

1. High Standard 10-X with a fluted barrel, 9 made, I took one to $7k and lost it super bummed that night! Last one I need to complete all the models of 10-X. 5 gunsmiths that built them I have 3. That is another version of collecting the 10-X. I don't know of anyone who has all 5.

2. High Standard 103 Olympic non-ISU 6 3/4" barrel 233 made, surprised I haven't run across any of these yet in 18 years of collecting!

3. High Standard 103 Olympic 10" barrel, 59 made. Will be expensive if it's at auction that's well advertised. These 2 will complete my HS Olympic collection. All catalog numbers.
4. Hi-Standard Post War Model HD both 4.5 and 6 3/4" models. These have recently become a known model that has been folklore for many years. Unknown how many were made as the records were very sloppy back in the 40's. Speculation less than 100 probably more like a couple dozen. I have a complete collection of hammer letter series guns minus these 2 now.
5. Model 97 trench gun, not looking super hard, hopefully will run into one for a decent price. cough cough!

Last Edited:
Well if we're dreaming
ImpStarDestroyer.jpg

Always wanted a Winchester Model 1886 rifle 26" barrel in 45-70 straight stock even a repop would be fine. But after buying the 1885 in 45-70 the gun budget is pretty skint for a while.

Agreed. Either 2.5" Model 19 or a 2.5" Model 66. Both classic looking firearms, both on the drool list..

As is a 1927 Thompson, 16" barrel and hundred round drum….
View attachment 1859817

Well, while we're wishing...

View attachment 1859950

I missed out on the SVT-40 while they were still $1200. Somehow in 5 years time they are now up to $3.5k

Never going to happen for me.

View attachment 1860260
I don't have exact matches for all of these, but I can get close if you guys are ever down Springfield way.
Semi-auto Tommy with 100rnd drum (It's over 20lbs fully loaded)
AP5K (semi-auto) w/brace (no briefcase, I think they are as regulated as full auto?)
SVT-40 that has been rebarreled to 6.5 Grendel. It seems this was a small batch run to modernize it for hunting, I know little else about it.

I love going out with people to shoot, I just ask you chip in a little for ammo (or bring your own).

I don't have exact matches for all of these, but I can get close if you guys are ever down Springfield way.
Semi-auto Tommy with 100rnd drum (It's over 20lbs fully loaded)
AP5K (semi-auto) w/brace (no briefcase, I think they are as regulated as full auto?)
SVT-40 that has been rebarreled to 6.5 Grendel. It seems this was a small batch run to modernize it for hunting, I know little else about it.

I love going out with people to shoot, I just ask you chip in a little for ammo (or bring your own).
I will definitely take you up on that if I'm ever in the area! Same offer stands to anyone up in (or passing through) my neck of the woods. I have a decent collection of less common pieces you're welcome to try out, so long as you chip in for ammo:
- B&T TP9
- Sig P320 X01 PDW
- AP5M (MP5K clone)
- TommyBuilt TMP45 (HK UMP clone)
- TommyBuilt TG36 (HK G36 clone)
- MSAR STG E4 (Steyr AUG clone)

1000002590.jpg 1000002589.jpg 1000002747.jpg

The S&W Model 19 w/2.5" barrel. I've always wanted one and never acquired one over the years. Now they are way out of my price range, and it will probably never happen. I still dream of having one though! 😁

View attachment 1859792
I have the model 66 2.5 barrel which is very similar to the 19. This 66 was exceptionally accurate. When I was a range master for the local PD, a lady brought it in to dispose of, it belonged to her dad. It was in bad shape, the wooden grips were worn out and cracked and It was missing the rear sight. It looked well used. I cleaned it up, added packmyer grips and installed a rear sight. I was expecting to use it as a range gun and then I fired it, wow… I placed six rounds in a Quarter size hole at 15 yards. That 66 became my personal range gun. That's it in the pic. 1713029423851.jpeg

I have the model 66 2.5 barrel which is very similar to the 19. This 66 was exceptionally accurate. When I was a range master for the local PD, a lady brought it in to dispose of, it belonged to her dad. It was in bad shape, the wooden grips were worn out and cracked and It was missing the rear sight. It looked well used. I cleaned it up, added packmyer grips and installed a rear sight. I was expecting to use it as a range gun and then I fired it, wow… I placed six rounds in a Quarter size hole at 15 yards. That 66 became my personal range gun. That's it in the pic. View attachment 1862537
so, just as we have always suspected. LEO skims the cream off of turn-in guns and makes them their own?

is that what you are telling us?

I aways wanted to have a real Russian SKS unmolested.
I have Chinese, Yugo, and even one that was used in Bosnia.
But every time they were around and on sale. I didn't have the cash.
I have more SKS and parts then I will ever need or use. I am just a huge fan
of their durability and use.
I do like the =Yugos allot and have those. Their tolerances are tighter then Chinese.
And a nice Grenade Launcher is cool.
But now they are just way over prices.
Funny in Canada I hear Chinese are hard to find and Russians are easy.

Always on the look out for a 20 gauge grouse gun.
Be it ...
Flintlock or percussion...
Single shot or double barrel...
Pump action , side x side or an over under shotgun.

Used to trip over single shot breech loading shotguns all the time at gun shows...nowadays not so much sad to say.
Andy

Last Edited:
The S&W Model 19 w/2.5" barrel. I've always wanted one and never acquired one over the years. Now they are way out of my price range, and it will probably never happen. I still dream of having one though! 😁

View attachment 1859792
KYGUNCO has these available - well, a 3" performance center model version - and they do take layaway (just sayin', I have no affiliation with them but I have purchased several handguns from them and have never had an issue)

They also have a 2.5" version in .38 +P but it's through a partner so no layaway on that one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top