JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... Khamzat has declined IMO. Hit his peak two years ago and no longer has that burning drive like he once had.

That happens when you go from sleeping on an army cot in the back of the gym to tooling around in a Lambo and wearing $2k sneakers...
This statement reminds me of this classic scene from the movie "Conan the Barbarian". 😆

View: https://youtu.be/Uc--kwIftTI?t=87

You know sometimes nothing seems like it is worth guessing. I'll leave DK running and MAY bet something live but for some reason this card seems like a dart toss betting wise.

Really thinking now after watching a few DDP fights, especially the Brunson fight, that Sean's odds are justified.

You know sometimes nothing seems like it is worth guessing. I'll leave DK running and MAY bet something live but for some reason this card seems like a dart toss betting wise.

Really thinking now after watching a few DDP fights, especially the Brunson fight, that Sean's odds are justified.
I'm going to put a little on DDP, although I'm really in Sean's corner for this fight and hope he successfully defends his title.

Disappointed Sean lost to DDP, but not surprised. What did surprise me, however, was Sean fighting a completely one-dimensional fight. He circled and used his jab effectively punching through DDP's guard and did a great job of checking his leg kicks, but that's it. That was his whole strategy for the entire 5 rounds aside from the occasional front kick or leg kick attempt. I mean, if that's all you have in your bag of tricks as a world champion then you deserve to lose. It was pretty much straight up boxing with no dynamics.

DDP on the other hand, got 6 take downs I think, threw spinning back fists, leg kicks, overhand punches, and elbows. He was also aggressive for the entire fight and seemed to have Sean backpedaling.

On another note, how about that Magny TKO? I was listening to the interview with Mike Malott saying he finishes all his fights and he doesn't need judges, blah, blah, blah. Well son, not only did you not finish your fight for the first time but you lost. And not only did you lose you got knocked the bubblegum out by a 11-year UFC veteran ranked number 13 for which you showed no respect in your pre-fight interviews. Choke on that big 'ol slice of humble pie kid.

That was bubblegum glorious!

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 1.47.51 PM.png

@AshWilliams Magny was +700 at one point live in the fight. No one gave him a chance as a mere gatekeeper. Mikey destroyed a lot of parlays just laying there, exhausted, taking a beat down at the end. Abus Jr.

Agree with your assessment of the Sean/DDP fight and really thought we were on the road to losing that one though. Live odds had Sean at +300. DDP surprised the naysayers with great cardio into the championship rounds. If Sean had no visible bloody damage, he probably would have pulled the decision.

ESPN wanted Sean gone really bad, but the UFC is all about PPVs and drawing in lots of $$ over all else and Sean was doing that. After the event the Canadian fans were all chanting FU__ Trud____. Nice.

View: https://youtu.be/gXA_Wjo21Jg

Last Edited:
To lose unfairly is one thing. To lose via tainted judging to a psychopath and Narcissist made it even worse. The way Jon strutted down the octagon exit stairs after their fight was a nauseating sight. Jon wanting old man Stipe is so telling. A humiliation via a current top contender will not be allowed. Sorry Tom.

View: https://youtu.be/nfBX2zrhGu4

Dang, I missed it. I typically don't watch the prelims, so if there's something worth watching give me a heads up.

I did come in just as "Meatball" Molly got that nasty arm bar on Belbita. I felt sorry for Belbita as that was a fairly horrific break.

You didn't miss much overall it was a really crappy card, but at least 'free.'

The main card was awful. Dolidze tried to win by hugging along the fence most of the right against a superior Imavov.

The NON-fight part was hilarious when Chris Curtis started taunting Imavov from outside the Octagon and Imavov took the bait and went into a rage - hahaha. I mean come on! Herb Dean ALMOST DQ'd him over it.

You are a professional fighter and getting an adrenaline dump over someone laughing and giving you the finger from the other audience/corner? Only exciting moment of the whole main fight.

Aliaskhab's double-finger face poke is so underrated. Simple - make an eye poke an immediate 1-point deduction, always. Then fighters will not use their finger tips as weapons any longer.

As it is right now, if I was a UFC fighter, the first thing I'd do is stab your eyes. Jon Jones style. NO consequences if you don't do it over two times.

Last Edited:
As it is right now, if I was a UFC fighter, the first thing I'd do is stab your eyes. Jon Jones style. NO consequences if you don't do it over two times.
Yep, and that's exactly what unscrupulous fighters are doing, that and groin kicks. I don't know about you, but a solid kick to the junk is going to take the fight right out of me.

1000002624.png

When "AK" the Russian fighter came out and within 12 seconds and destroyed his opponents eyes with a TWO fingers extended ... damn. I don't blame the opponent for stopping. The perp was shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head like "what's the matter, wimp?"

For now, a 1-point immediate deduction for eye poking when reviewed via video by the ref. That would get fighters to close their fists when striking.

Nad kicking is a lot more easily an accident (imo) so probably a warning unless obviously on purpose.

YES. Either would be a STOP for me unless I was fighting for my life, literally.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top