JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess the program they give you $100 grocery store gift card for every firearm turned in did not see a limit?

OK, I have more than a few folded AK receivers I messed up on to much work to fix to make in to a decent looking rifle but would function if assembled. Now, I wonder if they would take my messed up receivers? According to the BATFE a folded & drilled ak receiver is a firearm...

I could use the 1,000+ to expand my emergency food stock or sell the cards on craigslist for $80 each and buy ammo or other firearms?

This may be morally wrong but just a thought?

I've heard stories of spraypainted bits of pipe held to chunks of wood with hose clamps brought in, gotta get those nasty zip-guns off the street! Maybe a handful of disassembled bic pens with empty .22 casings jammed in there ;)

Really, I think my ideas just make yours seem much less wrong.

It wouldn't be hard to make and bring in some four-winds shotguns. :)

Something else to be considered--why not make our own gun turn-in stand and give out cash for turned in guns. We could say "up to $100" so if people bring us crappy little .25ACPs or something we don't have to give them the full $100, while on the other hand could maybe pick up nice things like M1 Garands or something for super cheap. :D

It wouldn't be hard to make and bring in some four-winds shotguns. :)

Something else to be considered--why not make our own gun turn-in stand and give out cash for turned in guns. We could say "up to $100" so if people bring us crappy little .25ACPs or something we don't have to give them the full $100, while on the other hand could maybe pick up nice things like M1 Garands or something for super cheap. :D

I've actually considered the idea of running an NWFA gun buyback, then reselling the guns to our members at deep discount and using the profit to run the site. Just seems like there's a lot of gray area there and at this point we're not ready to tackle that.

I've actually considered the idea of running an NWFA gun buyback, then reselling the guns to our members at deep discount and using the profit to run the site. Just seems like there's a lot of gray area there and at this point we're not ready to tackle that.

I thought about doing one also. Both to help the community, and to get my greedy hands on a few $100 Colt Pythons:s0114::s0114:

I went to college with sports anchor Adam Bjornson and was thinking he may have a media connection to get the word out cheap for a gun buy-back.

Ya, but they are just destroying them.............

Sad. I saw a picture from a buyback in Cali where someone had turned in a nice double barrel shotgun that was going to be melted down. It looked like a Model 21 Winchester. Almost made me physically ill.

Most the time the programs are not publicized, rather they target low income neighborhoods through churches or other non mainstream outlets such as offender releases that target gangs and the poor neighborhoods with high crime rates.

Here's the quote I loved:

"These are firearms that are being used on the streets of Fresno to do drive by shootings. They're in the hands of the wrong people," said Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

Cut to video showing nothing but old white people in minivans turning in guns and taking away gift cards.

What a stupid waste of taxpayer money and decent firearms.

I love the idea of showing up and making better offers to these people going in. We can call it "Off the Streets and Into the Safes" -- a green recycling program run by respectable concerned citizens who would rather see guns put away in a private safe than out on the street or destroyed forever. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

I love the idea of showing up and making better offers to these people going in. We can call it "Off the Streets and Into the Safes" -- a green recycling program run by respectable concerned citizens who would rather see guns put away in a private safe than out on the street or destroyed forever. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
:s0114::s0114:

I say we start the SAFE!

SAFE = Society Against Firearm Eradication

All in favor? Aye!

Aye!

Seriously we should do that. I love the green angle "Reduce, reuse, recycle" :D We could easily gather up people to show up with cash and make intercept offers I'm sure of it. Who doesn't want to buy guns for around $100's?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top