JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've grown to like a lot of box pressed stuff...

I've eyeballed those flatheads but don't generally spend as much as they go for even on sale - maybe I'll treat myself next time I see them.
These were 10 for $5 more I think on CI when you buy a box of CAO so I figured what the heck:). Definitely worth a try in my opinion if you like Nicaraguan flavorful blends.

Tried a Partagas icon today. Mild to medium. Creamy, mildly sweet, strong moss, cedar, dry roasted nut flavors. Not complex nor particularly well balanced. I would call this a mild, relaxing cigar with a nice aroma. Almost zero mouth presence similar to a Macanudo cafe/maduro in that way. I kind of get the impression that this cigar doesn't know what it wants to be. I would give it a 7.5/10 or so and is a good relaxing cigar that is smooth and somewhat creamy but not a lot of flavor or complexity.

For comparable cigars off the top of my head I would say Macanudo maduro, punch Classico (although Classico has more flavors and more balanced I would say). Quite different than Partagas heritage which is strong earth and earthy aroma. Also different from 1845 entirely or any of the other Partagas I've tried (fwiw). I think it's a mix of five tobaccos but can't be bothered to look them up and paste here ha ha. 0A66957E-93D3-4D8C-8703-8299E1AB018B.jpeg

Yup! Nicaraguan are generally my favorites:cool:
Speaking of Nicaraguan, anyone have input on perdomo cigars? I see the lot 23 maduro for pretty cheap quite often but have never tried them.

Many of them are too high priced for me to bother with as there are so many good cigars out there for so cheap. maybe they r well worth it I dunno but I look for value, or bang for the buck, which excludes pardons, Davidoff, and some others(note those may be good "value" for others I'm just saying for me). Gonna need to buy another one of those 500 count plastic bins from target as everything is overflowing at the moment. But that OR tax thing that countrygent mentioned is scary so might be a good problem to have right now?

Last Edited:
EAB8DB30-D55A-49D8-B182-86BC96F1015C.jpeg
Had a Padilla Cazadores on the way into work - first I've had from the box and it wasn't bad... I forgot I even had them lol:oops:

Taking a break with a John Bull The Dark Hour. Good medium bodied dark smoke. Very oily and good construction for the price - good daily cigar for me. Slightly sweet warm tobacco with a good mouth feel.

Started with an HC Black Maduro - one great budget cigars imo.

Went with a Padilla Cazadores after that - liking them but Habano wrappers aren't necessarily a favorite of mine but a good cigar for at work.

Toraño Noventa now - also a good daily at work or out fishing cigar. Good warm tobacco flavor and aroma.

I painted a section of a building and am literally just watching it dry so not much to do then sit with a cigar;)

Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving!

E54E1F9E-1C69-4D6E-8B6C-5E267CCEFC2C.jpeg

Tried a Macanudo inspirado green today. Starts out medium-full to full, spicy and sweet with a charred wood, dark chocolate, and earth flavor. Reminded me a lot of Cru royal but with a bit less mouth presence and more spice and sweetness.

2nd third big transition to smooth and medium-full almost medium. Sweet and less spice.

3rd is sweet and getting fairly strong. Medium to Medium-full. Chocolate increasing. Still spicy. Aroma even stronger now.

More full than inspirado white, orange, black. A tad less full bodied than red (except at the start) but has a different spicy and sweet character. This is kind of a cigar that will please anyone with a taste for medium-full cigars imo. Very strong aroma and pretty strong flavors. As I understand it the thing that is unique about this one is the sweet and spicy Brazilian arapaca (sp?) wrapper. If u like inspirado black and red u will like this one. I like it better than cru royale fwiw. I would give it a score of 9.3/10 for me which is highest of the inspirados. Kind of one of those that feels like it is constantly changing as you go but the sweet and spicy and earthy aroma stays throughout. Makes me want to explore other cigars with this wrapper. This one was well thought out in terms of blend I think cuz it's very balanced and moderately complex.
7EE9734F-0F9B-4AE6-B1C0-A6C03CCB1528.jpeg
9FF83AF5-5DD6-4394-93E2-5A35E318B2B5.jpeg

Received 3 bundles of Brickhouse Maduro Fumas robustos yesterday and already pulled one out while working on my truck.

medium-full bodied and about the same strength. I've enjoyed these in the past and for budget sticks they are very good as far as quality to price ratio.

Construction is very good, no relights or touch ups and good smoke output. Being a 54 ring they stay pretty cool which I like.

My humidor is getting pretty low on budget stuff for work so I made a couple orders recently with one sampler of higher end Maduro's I'm looking forward to trying.

Life is good;):cool:

Another of the puros indios for me today, not bad, just straight earth. Good very uncomplicated and very inexpensive everyday type cigar. This one was better than the first one now that it's been in the humidor for a while. Score of 7.6/10 for me

a couple I tried in last few days were:

A)man o war ruination petite corona size 42 or 44 ring can't remember. Was hoping the higher ratio of wrapper would enhance the chocolate but it didn't really. It was very good though and seemed more mellow/less spice than the larger ones. I'll have to pay more attention on the next one I smoke. I would probably give it a score of 8.8-8.9/10 same as larger ring ones but it is different in flavors a bit.

b) man o war ruination 10th anniversary. here are my notes from that one fwiw: This box-pressed cigar is massive. The shear amount of tobacco in it huge. I would guess two full robusto-sized cigars worth.

Starts off dark but very smooth. Less pepper than regular ruination. Medium-full. Heavy, Meaty flavors. Espresso and dark chocolate aroma. Oily and a bit sweet on lips. Not super complex but remarkably smooth for this type of cigar. Very slow burner. Excellent construction and draw. Medium smoke level. Dark and very smooth is how I would describe it. Score of 9.3-9.4/10 for me.

Last Edited:
Got my last order till the new year probably...

432C998E-2C14-4C54-9F5D-9774A82488EC.png

Figured I was due for a treat and saw this set:

4 – HC Series Maduro2 '55' (5.5" x 55)
4 – 5 Vegas Triple A Box-Press (5.5" x 55)
4 – La Perla Habana Morado Gordo Box-Press (5.5" x 55)
4 – Ave Maria The Lion (5.5" x 55)
4 – Nica Libre Robusto Gordo (5.5" x 55)

I've had and like the Nica Libre and HC Maduro but the other 3 have been on my want to try list for some time and it was a good deal.

Will probably wait at least a month in the humidor for these since they are all fatter boxes press's.

My daily budget stock rotation in no particular order is:
Arganese Habano
Brickhouse Maduro Fumas
Cusano Nicaragua
Padilla Cazadores
Padilla Fumas Maduro Torpedo

Cuban bolivar petite corona for me today. About 5 mo in humidor. 1st &2nd third mild body, musty, salty, cedar, dry leaves, minor leather and bread. Pretty smooth, and minor musty presence in mouth. Overall quite boring but smooth Imo. Flavors all very mild. Well balanced. Ash has fewer of the white manganese nodules that you see in Cuban h upman or Dominican Kristoff (some types).

Construction similar to most Cubans, it's fine but lower standard than most non-Cubans. A bit lumpy at the head and one small but very noticeable water spot. Burn Draw etc are all great.

I would give it a score of 7.6/10 so far. Would like to smoke another in 6 mo to see if it's any different. 035781B9-AF6D-482C-AEFC-8D269F286256.jpeg 6BB580F3-357F-4D02-B45C-DD7096CBA6F2.jpeg

Last Edited:
So trying a one off from the humidor today...

Only have the one and first time trying it. Been sitting for a year easily I believe- I got a few samplers the summer before last that had singles I've just never gotten around too.

Gurkha Legend 2001 (7x58 torpedo).

It is ok but not in my wheelhouse.

it's super smooth and very mellow. I try to determine the flavors I taste before looking at the retailers description of a cigar.

Granted lots of Gurkhas are over hyped, but I do have some original Legends and they are really good even if they aren't my normal preference.

Most of the time I'll pick out at least a few flavors they list but this one I wasn't even in the ballpark :confused:

The one I have is mellow, cedar, creamy, navy some vanilla....

Here is the online description:
When Gurkha Legend was initially released, the response was overwhelming. In 2008, the cigar was 90-rated and included '8 year aged' long-leaves. Gurkha Legend was hoarded by aficionados and, due to the scarcity of the tobaccos, the blend met an unfortunate early demise. However, Gurkha crafted a follow-up blend using a wrapper dating from 2001, fittingly dubbed Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001.

Gurkha Legend Vintage features a savory, triple fermented, oily Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper from 2001 hugging a blend of aged, Cuban-seed long-leaves from the Dominican Republic's legendary Cibao Valley. Expect a super-premium, rich flavor profile that includes nuances of dark chocolate, espresso, leather, and wood with a long, pleasant finish. Medium to full-bodied, this buttery smooth handmade is decidedly complex and ultimately satisfying. Give this rebirth of the Gurkha Legend a try, and see for yourself that the second verse exceeds the first.

It was an interesting experience but I wouldn't buy another one.

AC4C32F4-9615-472F-A913-4E280D4FB911.jpeg

Last couple days: Kristoff maduro on way to wildlife place - a bit too strong in am, after it was done I stopped to light a Camacho scorpion fumas connecticut and this guy came came out of the brush 3 feet from my bumper. : ) BDC747AB-D923-4B0F-A98B-B218EF871ED5.jpeg
-yesterday a man o war ruination Gordo which was really, really good. Today Macanudo gold which for me is my 2nd favorite connecticut shade cigar. Mild transitioning to med., lots of subtle flavors. Smooth. Reminds me of almond cakes or fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. 0BB56091-5AFF-4093-BCB1-B440AFC965A4.jpeg

Last couple days: Kristoff maduro on way to wildlife place - a bit too strong in am, after it was done I stopped to light a Camacho scorpion fumas connecticut and this guy came came out of the brush 3 feet from my bumper. : ) View attachment 787900
-yesterday a man o war ruination Gordo which was really, really good. Today Macanudo gold which for me is my 2nd favorite connecticut shade cigar. Mild transitioning to med., lots of subtle flavors. Smooth. Reminds me of almond cakes or fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.View attachment 787901
Nice photo of the deer! Might have stopped for a whiff of a good cigar.

TGIF:cool:

Loaded up a few good ones for today - it's been a rough week...

Went for one of my long standing fall backs when I want a good smoke - 5 Vegas Series A 6x60.

So it's been a good start of a light day for me;)

33B8751E-DDF7-47C8-AC98-EB7A528FD31E.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top