JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Macanudo 1968 for me today. About 1.5 years in humidor without cellophane and it really shows in the taste. Med-full almost full body, complex - changing flavors almost like a bit of almond flavor Dominican with deeper Nicaraguan, and some type of spicy Brazilian (with less sweetness) all jumbled together and taste changes as u get more or less of those type of tobaccos in a particular section. Unusual flavors: toffee, dark chocolate, moss, minor black pepper, dry overall but sweetness coming and going as well as nut flavors coming and going.

This is one of those cigars to try one of cuz it's quite different. Not for mild only lovers. Deep aroma. Strong mouth presence. Seems like every time I try one it tastes a bit different. Maybe due to aging in humidor. Seems to get stronger and more flavorful with time In humidor. Probably would appeal to dark chocolate lovers over milk chocolate lovers (not that it's super high on chocolate necessarily but it has that kind of chalky dry chocolate character to it).

repeat of a review I posted earlier fwiw:

Went with a Toraño Exudus 1959 50 years, Brickhouse Fumas Maduro and ended with a Ramon Bueso 2005 Olancho Reserva ;)

B2C3D15E-09D3-46C0-B3E5-E0F22EBBC887.jpeg 07AC8A8A-560B-49B9-8C58-A95ABC258908.jpeg

Was able to try a 5 Vegas AAA (Triple A) for the first time yesterday.

Will have to try another to really evaluate it more but I was not disappointed. The after taste was like I had been drinking coffee all morning:D

Made some Christmas presents for my co-worker's. It seemed to have been a hit.

Sealed a few different kinds of cigars in glass tubes. Sealed them with gold wax and tied a guillotine cutter to it.

Made a couple more then I need so here is a pic of the 2 I have left. I have 2 other people to give gifts to so I guess I made just enough .
83A3E882-9B59-4ED8-BD69-3F961C4FE3B7.jpeg

Got a shipment in... was hoping it would arrive after Christmas but didn't so I got to explain why a big box of cigars showed up to the wife lol:D.

Started my day off with a favorite of mine (at least in my top 3), a Diesel Unlimited Maduro.

Very nice way to start the day for my tastes, strong with just a hint of sweetness;)

D91A8F79-C6FA-4B49-AB41-8726BA8CBE76.jpeg

Macanudo black for me today. Sweet and strong. Peppery.

What a great wrapper this one has. I love a deep connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper. I would prob say a good conn broadleaf wrapper is one of my favorite or perhaps favorite wrappers if done right. Sweet and flavorful. Probably the only wrapper that reminds me of the old Jamaican Macanudo maduros(stopped in late 90's/early 2000s as I recall after the devastating hurricane that all but stopped all jamacain tobacco). This cigar is stronger than those old jamacain ones and different aroma and taste overall but the wrapper flavor is very close to those (could be an identical wrapper to those actually without the jamacain tobacco inside).

I assume this wrapper gets that winter-sweat process with the wrapper -grown in USA then sent to DR? to ferment for years then back to USA to overwinter in the colder climate. One thing for sure is extended time in humidor has done wonders for this cigar. Really sweet. 0737C2F5-3414-4D17-90A3-5CA8F5A7DE5B.jpeg

Joe plz let us know what u think of the legend. I have a couple from sampler packs but haven't tried yet - want to give a long time in humidor before I try. Had a regular man o war yesterday in 54ringish size and was excellent. Love ruination also but hate virtue (no pun(s) intended). Haven't tried any of the other man o wars except for that explosive authentico one.

Last Edited:
Id like to take credit but @ilikegunspdx did all the hard trial and error so I just followed his lead on the glass and wax.

I bought a small box of cutters to add so it's a all in one gift and no humidor needed.
I need to find a holder for glass cased cigars or maybe make one out of wood. I suppose those wood cigar rolling trays would work for authenticity sake but they do look rather crap. A bunch of glass tubed cigars all together do look neat. Just need to think of the right holder for them. Right now I have them standing upright in a tall wooden Liga cigar box.

been thinking of making one of these Thomas Jefferson book holders on a lazy Susan for years. Maybecould make Multiple u shaped wood racks to hold tubes cigars instead of books. Im thinking same general idea as the book holder but not same 4 sided format necessarily. Just crazy ideas for fun. 8FD85975-B805-4004-B0C3-FFF0A84A42A2.jpeg

Joe plz let us know what u think of the legend. I have a couple from sampler packs but haven't tried yet - want to give a long time in humidor before I try. Had a regular man o war yesterday in 54ringish size and was excellent. Love ruination also but hate virtue (no pun(s) intended). Haven't tried any of the other man o wars except for that explosive authentico one.

It's a good cigar;)

Not as good as the original or ruination for my tastes but it's worthy.

Ive got a few samplers which they came with and I've not been unhappy with them, they just don't have as much boldness as the other 2 kinds I've tried. They do have nice transitions and flavor complexity. Construction has been exceptional.

Ave Maria The Lion this morning. 5x55 box pressed.

My First Ave Maria and it doesn't disappoint.

Little sweetness on the finish. Excellent construction. Very smooth with good smoke output with a very slow burn. I'm about an hour into it and am only maybe half thru it.

Nice medium warm toasty smoke. Little bit of spice on the first 3rd but has transitioned to a nice sweet aftertaste that lingers on the lips.
F62C87F9-F367-49FE-8D4F-34F6A80F0314.jpeg

Very good cigar;)

Started the morning off with a Diesel Unloaded Maduro Belicaso - it makes for a great way to drive to my first job;):cool:

Taking a break with a HC Black Maduro Toro.

It's their budget line but I've enjoyed these many times buying them on sale. They are fairly full bodied and on the stronger side but construction and flavor are pretty good.

Especially for the price they go on sale for.

C18B406F-27C9-487F-818D-93A248C4B413.jpeg

HC Maduro this morning (the premium line).

Little spicy to start but settled into a lesser spice and more sweetness on the finish. Nice warm tobacco mouth presence.

Nice transitions and complexity through out.

Hard to say if it's worth the extra money then the Black budget line but it's obviously a better cigar.

28E93958-DBD4-4E88-9B12-6C3C25454784.jpeg

Anybody ever use one of these xikar car ashtrays? Seems like would be portable could use in car, boat etc.? I never use the car's regular ashtray cuz of smell and also cuz they r plastic. Curious if anyone had experience with these xikar ones. I don't golf anymore but seems like it would be da bomb for a golf cart.
D237B837-B43D-4CDA-BFE6-F4047ECA19AC.jpeg A63CDA5A-DCAB-4715-A851-D2296437FA02.png 63D11A76-DAC5-4B32-BDDB-CECD0CFF698B.jpeg
I tried this $4.50 plastic one and I don't care for it cuz too unstable top comes off and also hate any kind of plastic cuz it can melt into cigar if not careful.
A3E00005-370D-4DB8-882A-99EF01614128.jpeg
I found these little $7-$10 ceramic ones to be very stable in car fwiw but you have to empty it twice for each cigar cuz so small which is sort of a pain. It's more like a cigar holder with benefits imo.
8A62E4FE-3E2B-4E5E-BE4F-6C8D4D7FE4A5.jpeg

I cut the top off a 16oz water bottle and use it with 1-2" of water in the bottom.

I drink a lot of water so I just toss it in the landscaping and then throw the bottle away.

Ive been looking at a few of the metal ashtrays like you posted but an empty water bottle is free and I don't have to clean it.

Just what I've adopted...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top