JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nica Libre Potencia

Half thru it and constantly touching up and half thru I had to relight it.

Little too much pepper for my tastes, so between that and burn issues it's not getting a great score on this first time thru.

View attachment 711118
Just had one today and same issues; did enjoy it but the constant futzing was annoying. Maybe a month in the box would teach it some manners...

Just had one today and same issues; did enjoy it but the constant futzing was annoying. Maybe a month in the box would teach it some manners...

I have one from a sample pack but the 2 others I got in a swap with another member here so those 2 had some age on them when I got them a month ago...

I guess every hand made product will have a certain amount of issues but I'm on my 7th Original Nica Libre this evening as I type and out of the 10 I got They have all smoked beautifully and smooth from the get go without the pepper.

I have seen 20 pack samplers of different sizes but all the original blend for $40 a couple times a year. Now that I know I like them I'll buy a bundle when it happens again.

I have one from a sample pack but the 2 others I got in a swap with another member here so those 2 had some age on them when I got them a month ago...

I guess every hand made product will have a certain amount of issues but I'm on my 7th Original Nica Libre this evening as I type and out of the 10 I got They have all smoked beautifully and smooth from the get go without the pepper.

I have seen 20 pack samplers of different sizes but all the original blend for $40 a couple times a year. Now that I know I like them I'll buy a bundle when it happens again.
I picked up 2 packs of 10 (5 each of NL1990 and NL x Aganorsa Leaf collabs) and have been quite happy with both. AL is more milk chocolate and smoother/slightly sweet. Good deal. I think it was a CI pack, but now that I'm deep into this new hobby I have accounts all over the place...;) You've created a monster... :)

My first order from Thomson's came a few days early which was a nice surprise, however the box was friggin destroyed!

Outer box only thankfully but the box of Gurkha G3's literally fell out of the cardboard box....:eek::confused: I wasn't impressed but thankfully I didn't have to file a claim.

The G3 box is leather outside with nice stitching and inside is suede or something similar. Very impressive and will be my go to celebration cigar so they should last me a couple years.

Gurkhas always have A+ presentation but I only have less then 10 I would say I really like and this is for sure one of them;) CE8BD4D8-7CAA-4B81-9FD3-6710D7A2C423.jpeg

I picked up 2 packs of 10 (5 each of NL1990 and NL x Aganorsa Leaf collabs) and have been quite happy with both. AL is more milk chocolate and smoother/slightly sweet. Good deal. I think it was a CI pack, but now that I'm deep into this new hobby I have accounts all over the place...;) You've created a monster... :)

So I shouldn't mention CI has a bunch of 10 packs on sale right now and they come with a $20 grift card to use on any future purchase and they stack???

Turns Obsidian Gordo's that I've only seen as cheep as $3/each to $30 for 10 plus you get a $20 gift card, eventually making them $1 each???:rolleyes:;)

So I shouldn't mention CI has a bunch of 10 packs on sale right now and they come with a $20 grift card to use on any future purchase and they stack???

Turns Obsidian Gordo's that I've only seen as cheep as $3/each to $30 for 10 plus you get a $20 gift card, eventually making them $1 each???:rolleyes:;)

By all that's unholy, if I didn't know better I'd think you're trying to ruin me. ;)
I was supposed to have two separate orders at my doorstep tonight and I'm starting to wonder if I can find another Tupperware container somewhere. My 100-capacity humidor and a tupperdor are both stuffed and I'm burning 3/day.
I got into guns the same way; I could have been rich if it weren't for people selflessly helping me with my hobbies... :)

By all that's unholy, if I didn't know better I'd think you're trying to ruin me. ;)
I was supposed to have two separate orders at my doorstep tonight and I'm starting to wonder if I can find another Tupperware container somewhere. My 100-capacity humidor and a tupperdor are both stuffed and I'm burning 3/day.
I got into guns the same way; I could have been rich if it weren't for people selflessly helping me with my hobbies... :)

It levels out a lot once you figure out what you like.

Only reason I ordered those 3g's was because I was able to get the box shipped for like $81.

I had a 50 count desk humidor full and 6 of these absolutely packed. They hold about 100 cigars:
60F08013-642F-45F7-B6C6-BB27B2E360B3.png

Then my wife bought me a NewAir CC-300 400 count wineador in January for my birthday. I ordered 4 custom drawers to replace the 4 shelves (came with those shelves and 2 drawers) so it holds closer to 500-550.

Now my desktop probably has 35 in it. The Wineador is 98% full, I have about 75 acid kuba Kuba's in Candela regular and Maduro's in a Snapware and 2 more that are about 3/4 full:oops:. (that's taken me a year to get to shopping the really good deals - but I don't have to worry about having to hit a brick and mortar store and pay 4-5 times the price for stuff I get online and I have a pretty good variety to fit almost any situation- size's and flavor profiles)

I have a pretty good idea what I like now (after trying 109 cigars to date) so I'm working to just get down to the desktop, the Acid container (cuz I want to keep the infused stuff separate) and my wineador at about 80% capacity so I have some extra room for the great deals on things I know I like.

As great of a deal that CI special is, I'm not going to order anything.

It's either guns or cigars and the easiest way to stop buying cigars for me is to put my very limited funds into gun stuff.

I went from a temporary leave of absence to laid off due to the virus so my spending is going to get tighter but at least I have enough cigars to last me well into when I'm employed again.:D

I'm a fan of the Cohiba Connecticut also and I don't typically smoke a lot of shade wrappers. Great flavor and all that and the last few I've had have had marvelous construction and burn. I've found it's a good stogie while I'm working in the shop as it will keep itself going even when I have my hands tied up or forget to puff on it for a up to 2 or 3 minutes. I'm paying $4.10 per stick for 5.5x50.

IMG_3595.JPG

Hc white torpedo for me today. My favorite of all the hc cigars. Medium bodied and kinda similar taste to both montechristo platinum and cohiba connecticut but sort of a deeper, earthier note to it. Just barely a bit harsher than those two and aftertaste is just a tad bit bitter compared to those two. I'll need to check flavor wheel and report flavors back here. Dry not sweet. Strong wood, brown sugar, leather and almost Carmel aroma. Hc white is a good sort of bargain alternative to those, and hc connecticut I like a lot also. Hc white is not quite as smooth as either cohiba or montecristo and lacks that beautiful onion-skin wrapper of montecristo platinum (but hc is 1/4-1/5 the price roughly). I think I previously gave monte plat a score of 9.1/10. Cohiba conn I would give probably a 8.9/10. This one I would give prob a
8.3-8.5/10 or so.
417301D5-ABAF-43F3-8C86-0007AE52AE7C.jpeg
P.s. the hummingbird babies above my smoking spot are trying out heir wings today. I bet today will be the day they leave their nest. I'll try to get a video if they fledge before the hc is done.

edit: looking at some of the reviews out there I definitely agree with cedar and caramel flavors. Not so much vanilla for me. Toffee I could buy into a little but I got strong english toffee (but not sweet) off of the man o war the other day vs here it's mild if it's there at all imo. HC Series White Shade Grown - Cigar Review - Toast and Vine

Last Edited:
Diesel D10 Tenth Anniversary 5.5x52

Got 2 of these a little while ago in a monthly drop. First time trying it.

A little spicy in the first in but that mellowed way out. The coffee and chocolate then came in at full blast.

Absolutely full body and strength- just my type:s0155:

construction, burn, ash etc are all excellent. Something I will be on the lookout for if they are ever the deal of the day. I don't need a box but even then this size is only $120 so not crazy expensive but more then I usually pay by a few bucks each.

Or after I whittle down my supply I may go for a sampler with them in it.

About the same size as my new flashlight so it's been a good day;)

C1343064-5DB0-4AE1-B891-2D8841FA8063.jpeg

Tried a Kristoff shade grown today. One word describes the four kristoffs of the "natural sampler" I tried so far, exceptional. 3 of the four I tried are in my top five cigars and that's with trying lord knows how many diff cigars, probably hundreds I would guess.

Construction,burn, draw on this one all perfect. Mild with many subtle flavors that seem to change a lot as u go. Best I can describe them are cinnamon, black cherry, minor sweet chocolate, hazelnut, toasted bread. Just a wonderful cigar for mild To mediumbodied lovers. Smooth with very very long finish.

Ordered an 8 pack sampler last week that will have some of the bolder flavors. Looking forward to those. For me these kristoffs are almost in another class for the brand as a whole. Body up to medium now in 2nd third. flavors becoming stronger and new flavors such as mint, vanilla, anise, touch of honey, and some sort of mushroom coming in also. Lemon flavor fairly strong in final third. I can't give this cigar less than 9.5/10 so far which puts it into first place for me, mainly due to ridiculous complexity of flavors and finish.

Also got to see the baby hummers leave the nest this morning. Very wobbly but they made it! I think I got on videobut need to check file on computer to see if video is any good C33B06B7-2784-4BCF-B0E8-E54F8B0FD222.jpeg

Last Edited:
Father's Day! Need to keep components in a controlled environment for temperature and humidity. Steps from reloading bench. Still room for adult beverages to be consumed after reloading. Stainless appliance (Sam's Club) and bundled Jrcigars.com, gifted from a great wife of 49 years. Might have to share the freezer space. Other smokes kept in a humidor in the house.

20200622_112235.jpg 20200622_112254.jpg 20200622_112324.jpg

Father's Day! Need to keep components in a controlled environment for temperature and humidity. Steps from reloading bench. Still room for adult beverages to be consumed after reloading. Stainless appliance (Sam's Club) and bundled Jrcigars.com, gifted from a great wife of 49 years. Might have to share the freezer space. Other smokes kept in a humidor in the house.

View attachment 713446 View attachment 713447 View attachment 713448

get those cigars in an airtight container.

The fridge will dehydrate them in a hurry.

Winadors use different coolers that do not dehydrate.

get those cigars in an airtight container.

The fridge will dehydrate them in a hurry.

Winadors use different coolers that do not dehydrate.
Good advice. Just got them in and unit set up today. Long time ago had advice to put a piece of apple in airtight with cigars. Maybe I expected too much, a but bad apple is unpleasant. Maybe just need to busy smoking.

Good advice. Just got them in and unit set up today. Long time ago had advice to put a piece of apple in airtight with cigars. Maybe I expected too much, a but bad apple is unpleasant. Maybe just need to busy smoking.

Well congrats on the set up and smokes - 49 years, she is obviously a good women:s0155:.

Check online for Bovida packs. They come in specific humidity percentages and will let out and bring in humidity based on its number (ie 69% or 72% etc) and while they don't advertise it, you can find out how to easily recharge them when they dry out. Toss a couple in the airtight container and they will last a very long time.

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
6.5x50

First time trying this one. Came as 5 in a Maduro Lover's Sampler

Construction is very good.

This one isn't as big of a punch as the RP Super Ligero but it's probably a close second:s0112:

Very full bodied and could feel the strength in the first inch. Warm cooking spices vs pepper though so that is tasty. Woody cite with a good tobacco flavor. No coffee or chocolate in this one.

Finish lasts forever and is very oily with just a hint of sweetness at the end.

Maybe a 4/5 for me, not done with it so I'll see if it has anymore transitions I'm flavor.

3E2C3181-AF7F-458D-9193-10DB63E0CED9.jpeg

So this is the first time I've seen a relight like this... every other video says to draw not blow when relighting.

Ive tried this a few times and it makes a huge difference in flavor.

Tried this relight trick and it definitely helps compared to just purging (blowing into cigar) prior to lighting. Less of a bitter taste/more mild when relighting. Also for those new to cigars, don't forget to dig out all the carbon and ash that u can before relighting.

Tried 2nd half of the man o war virtue Churchill I posted about earlier. First one was clearly too early to smoke and this half is also I think despite a bit more humidorvtime.

I would say harsh, sour, a bit stinging in nose. Reminds me a lot of the olivas I tried earlier. The first half I would give a score of 0/10 but this one maybe a 1.5/10 or so. Man I hope they get better with more humidor time. Main flavors are green/too fresh tobacco, Alum, sawdust, some sort of nasty stinging plant, let's say stinging nettle ;). Construction burn draw are all good. I have been very happy with regular man o war, ruination, and I like damnation (too many dark somewhat bitter flavors for my pref but a good cigar).

I think the deal with this cigar is any of these 3 possibilities: 1) this cigar needs more humidor time, 2) man o war does a great job of making full bodied cigars but their medium bodied ones suck the big one, 3) it has that same character as the 2 olivas I tried which are not for me at all. Time will tell... B6D607AD-9400-44DC-A3A0-46A1CD1D2E92.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top