JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Playing around with putting cigars in glass tubes and sealing with wax. Should maintain at the right humidity indefinitely (at least in theory ha ha). Only issue I noticed so far is that if using cork stoppers then the wax takes off some of the cork when removing. Using plastic stoppers would work better. Tubes and the wax are reusable.
image1 (8).jpeg
image0.jpeg

Got 5 Gurkha 130th anniversary that come in glass sealed with wax on the way (was a promo code) so those will be the first cigars I'll have not just in cellophane.
Cool. Maybe save the tube and wax for reuse on another cigar. I've seen foil tape used most commonly for sealing but the only foil tape I have is that furnace type silver tape which would seal fine but not look so great probably.

Cool. Maybe save the tube and wax for reuse on another cigar. I've seen foil tape used most commonly for sealing but the only foil tape I have is that furnace type silver tape which would seal fine but not look so great probably.
There's copper tape as well as the Al stuff; it's a bit more expensive but looks really nice if cut clean and laid out well. I have it all over one of my bikes as thin accents.

It turns out with the wax it's better to have wax hotter and a quick deep dip in a deeper "pool" of wax vs before I was using shallow pool and kind of rolling the wax onto the tube. Looks much more professional this way and really fast. Maybe total of 45 sec per cigar start to finish with foam ribbon etc. New way on right and old way on left:
3F619976-A74C-465A-ADF0-D879AB9C00DE.jpeg

Last Edited:
It turns out with the wax it's better to have wax hotter and a quick deep dip in a deeper "pool" of wax vs before I was using shallow pool and kind of rolling the wax onto the tube. Looks much more professional this way and really fast. Maybe total of 45 sec per cigar start to finish with foam ribbon etc. New way on right and old way on left:
View attachment 696327

Are you just dabbling or are there certain cigars you want to keep long term for special occasions or something?

Also, where did you acquire the glass tubes?

Are you just dabbling or are there certain cigars you want to keep long term for special occasions or something?

Also, where did you acquire the glass tubes?
Just messing around. I was thinking might be nice for when you want to give as a gift to someone who isn't set up with humidor or when traveling. Amazon has 12 for $16 with stoppers (25mm x 200mm). 25mm diameter is the key cuz that's outside diameter and with wall thickness will hold 54-55 ring or maybe a bit higher. 200mm length is overkill for robustos but gives most flexibility.

or no stoppers flared edge 48 for $40
25mm x 150mm size I'm not sure if it will hold 5.5" robusto with stopper installed. I''m guessing it will but have not tried. Would hold 5". Won't hold 6". 5 pcs:
or 72 for $40
There are also plastic tubes which I'm not interested in. Also other size glass tubes are available on the web as cigar tubes if buying in bulk (around 400-500 pcs). I saw 25x180 and 28 x180 for example.

just measured the glass tube for Mac gold crystal which is a 5.5"x 50 ring. The tube is (edited to 150mm) long without stopper. So 150mm would probably fit 5.5" robusto but just a guess. Can't lay my hand on my calipers at moment to measure diameter but it is less than the 25mm tube.
F437622E-1160-4857-9ECD-80BA87D2A7FB.jpeg
Edit: measured outside diameter of Mac gold label glass tube as 24mm. Also length is 150mm, not 6" like I stated earlier. So glass tube for that one is 24mm x 150mm.

Last Edited:
Torano exodus 50 years for me today. I think I will nickname this one "old reliable". One of my favorites. Smooth, earthy, med-full body, wonderful chocolatey aroma. Coffee, mild chocolate, no bitterness or sourness and low spice/minimal pepper. Previously reviewed but I did find some new info re tobaccos used And I can't remember if I posted the cigar obsession review (I agree with everything he said there, skip to the1:20 mark to avoid initial BS). 9/10 score for my preferences.
From Neptune cigars: D8E56B47-C6FD-4A54-9882-B30A4BC66F71.jpeg
4F546F28-C457-46F3-9166-40CF75FC14FD.jpeg

Last Edited:
Also while I think of it I saw a neat option to use instead of foam in glass tubes. Just need to sacrifice a cigar to do it. :( Interesting that they used no foil or wax for seal (probably not needed really). Tobacco looks better than foam for sure 1AA5A077-A2CA-43E9-86ED-9EA6BB246924.jpeg

I picked up a sampler of sorts today (Macandu, La Gloria Cubana, Santa Damiana, Cifuentes y Cia):

cigarros.jpg

Since none of them was a Gurkha, I added a Kukri to the picture. See, there is a method to my madness. Oh, who am I kidding, I can't back that up. :p

I might be ruined by these Acids:D:oops:

A lot of my daily's are starting to lack in the taste category. They still taste the same but they just don't have as much depth as the Kuba's, so I'm grabbing one of the 3 kuba flavors at least as often as any of my other cigars right now.

I might have to take a week off from them and see if my pallet resets a bit.

CC89EECC-12E8-4A2E-AA71-BC52DB8BD23F.jpeg

Cohiba Red Dot

good cigar. Gave it a 4/5. Wouldn't buy a box but I have 5 more so it'll be a good one to mix it up every now and then.

*I only drink water with new cigars and something I noticed is that the water tastes sweet and has a velvety/silky mouth feel to it. Pretty nice actually.

7B39CE9B-5DBE-480B-95B0-EA701A1B3511.jpeg

So just out of curiosity...

About him many cigars do y'all keep on hand?

I know some grab as they need them and others back stock.

I fall into the back stock group. I stopped keeping an exact count and think I'm in the 600-700 range. Would like to get that number down to 400-500 so I don't need to store anything but the infused Kuba's in Snapware and have the rest in my 2 humidors.

Great deals on stuff I really like and promo codes make it really hard not to order some online at least once a month but at 1-3 a day I'm set for a good year, but as with Ammo and guns it's hard not to buy when I have a little extra cash and the price is very low on stuff I want.

My Ammo and gun buying has slowed down this last year cuz I don't have much expendable income but I'm looking at putting that monthly money back into guns and Ammo for awhile till my cigar stick is back to manageable.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top