JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's quite common to mix your blends for flavor and robustness, or to mellow one out some, or like mixing a old school cherry blend with a vanilla, the idea is to get the best of each flavor and then mix a pipe full and see how you like it! It's also very common to mix different types of tobacco to get the desired smoke and flavor!

It's quite common to mix your blends for flavor and robustness, or to mellow one out some, or like mixing a old school cherry blend with a vanilla, the idea is to get the best of each flavor and then mix a pipe full and see how you like it! It's also very common to mix different types of tobacco to get the desired smoke and flavor!

Roger that; thanks. :)

Obsidian Gordo last night.

For such a strong cigar the thing was super smooth. Copious amounts of smoke of that one even at rest.

Another, 'I should have bought More when they were on sale...

Had to try out the monkey holder/wind protector my wonderful wife got for me.:cool:

AADA7098-8968-4AC1-AC7B-6729ECE032FB.jpeg 64A31BFE-040D-41BE-B697-01259BD9120C.jpeg

FYI cigar.com has 25% off today through dec 30 if u purchase over $150 (before discount).

Couldn't resist and got this sampler at $2.67 per cigar:

6D1BDC6C-3531-4DEB-9297-957465480AE9.jpeg
need something to fill up those $3 mason jar humidors right? How is that for logic? :p

Last Edited:
Accessories update:

Colibri V-Cutter, lives up to the hype. Great clean cut every time so far. I am enjoying it a lot.

Xikar Xi1 Cutter, also lives up to its reputation. Makes my other cutter look like a butter knife cutting crusty bread. I like my 60 ring gauge cigars and it works fine for the cap. Not sure why I would need to cut one clean in half so the XO Cutter for $100+ isn't something I'm after until a clear need is found.

XIKAR Verano flat flame lighter, after playing with thing for a few days I really like it.
Pro's:
Toasts the foot better then a soft flame.
Does a fantastic job with small touch ups.
Does a good job lighting smaller ring gauge cigars.
Build quality is excellent and the fuel window is great.
Doesn't use much butane.
Con's:
Not great at lighting larger ring gauge cigars, I still prefer something with a little more fire like a 3 torch.

I was looking at the single torch Flame but now there is no need for it.

I am still wanting the HP3. Might get it with some Christmas cash but I may wait till mid January and ask for it as a birthday gift - there is a little extra something when I get good stuff that will last forever(ish) as a present.

A cutter that can cleanly cut a stick in half would be awesome.

Since I smoke a lot at work... I get interrupted and 20min into a Churchill or Toro ... There is a lot of life. If I could cut and relight that would be great.

My current cutter is okay, but leaves crap edges on a full cut thru

I do the same thing - hate to throw away half a cigar. This cheap one has worked fine for me so far. 80 ring is the reason I got it so can lop any size cigar in half. Not gonna last u a lifetime and no idea how long it will stay sharp but I have got more than $4 use out of it so far that's for sure.

A cutter that can cleanly cut a stick in half would be awesome.

Since I smoke a lot at work... I get interrupted and 20min into a Churchill or Toro ... There is a lot of life. If I could cut and relight that would be great.

My current cutter is okay, but leaves crap edges on a full cut thru

Xikar says their teardrop cutters will cut up to a 54 gauge in half. With as sharp as these things are I believe it and they are super slim and light weight.

I wanted an aluminum frame so it was $20 more but the composite frames I've seen for $30 and they still get the lifetime warranty.

I was a bit confused by the model numbers on them, it's like they pulled a Glock when naming the things:confused:.

Xi1 - aluminum frame
Xi2 - composite frame
Xi3 - is the 'special' series with wood or fancy type edges (one of them has demascus blades etc but they go from double the Xi1's up too $5k if you want and can afford a diamond encrusted one lol)

They all have the same 440 stainless blades though (except for a couple odd ball Xi3's).

They seem to be unanimously regarded as the best guillotine cutter out there, at least on all of the reviews I could find.

The Cuban Cutters are a little cheaper and also seem highly regarded but there is a backstop on them for 'the perfect cut' so that was one of the reasons why I didn't go that route.

The Xikar XO looks pretty cool and go to 80 I believe but I've not bought anything over a 60 and they are a lot pricier starting at about $100.

YMMV

These types of tubes have been really handy to cut at home and keep in a backpack or pocket when I'm away from the house and don't want to take a 5 stick herf a dor. I got a 54 and 60 gauge (but didnt pay those prices)

I imagine they would work great for a mid smoke cut and save for later as well.

A882C5E0-8FAE-423E-A13B-FB593FBEF12E.png

Last Edited:
Tried one of these man o war ruination cigars today. My expectations were low but this one is about as good as the last Cuban cohiba I've had. I'm not a big full bodied cigar guy but this is a fine cigar. I think if u like full bodied cigars this will be a good one.

I'm not qualified to review cigars but there is a linked review below if anyone is interested. In my layman's terms I would say lots of smoke, spicy but not overwhelmingly so, full bodied, lots of flavor and aroma. Got this as part of a monte/macanudo/rocky Patel/cohiba/la Gloria/ sampler for $2.69 on sale from cigar.com. From a value standpoint it is excellent imo.

614A8A9D-805F-477F-BE1C-232CBFA022D5.jpeg
from this sampler ($2.69 per cigar after using 25% code (must order $149 or more -before discount )
64AD7DF1-2A64-4ECD-A83D-5A69E1E334A7.jpeg
The expert reviews on cigar.com are glowing for the man o war one but I really don't trust those personally cuz they may be pushing certain cigars who knows.

Last Edited:
Tried a new one yesterday

The MUWAT series from Drew Estate

This is the Kentucky Fire Cured and it was great.

Its in my top 3

Burned nice, good flavor... Smelled like beef jerky and campfire...

20200102_162556.jpg

I was just thinking that there are probably lots of folks who would like to try certain cigars but don't want to buy a whole box or even a five pack. Likewise there are probably folks That have extra cigars they would like to swap for something they haven't tried.

I wonder if there is any interest in setting up a cigar swap? Don't know how it could be done. Maybe set up a bringing/take one exchange humidor like they do with those little neighborhood book libraries where you leave one/take one. Would have to be in an accessible small gun shop or something to work probably (not a big gun shop where lots of unknown people come and go cuz they might take the best cigars and leave the worst). Or maybe at a gun show for face to face exchanges? Or maybe at a gun range but that would limit it to members of that particular range only which isn't great.

Just thinking out loud.

I was just thinking that there are probably lots of folks who would like to try certain cigars but don't want to buy a whole box or even a five pack. Likewise there are probably folks That have extra cigars they would like to swap for something they haven't tried.

I wonder if there is any interest in setting up a cigar swap? Don't know how it could be done. Maybe set up a bringing/take one exchange humidor like they do with those little neighborhood book libraries where you leave one/take one. Would have to be in an accessible small gun shop or something to work probably (not a big gun shop where lots of unknown people come and go cuz they might take the best cigars and leave the worst). Or maybe at a gun show for face to face exchanges? Or maybe at a gun range but that would limit it to members of that particular range only which isn't great.

Just thinking out loud.

We should have a classifieds section for this stuff

I like the Liga Privada line of Feral Flying Pigs in No. 9 or No. 52. They are robust and good smoke until you burn your fingers and need some sort of clip to finish. Haha... the regular No. 9 and 52 (Like these a little more) are pretty good too. LigaPrivadaFeral.jpg

...They are robust and good smoke until you burn your fingers and need some sort of clip to finish. Haha...

I hate that. This is my fancy (j/k) cigar roach clip, which is just some stainless tweezers that open wide (weak "spring" if u will) and I keep in a pen protector. And no I don't use it in public lest someone thinks I'm smoking a giant Cheech and Chong doobie. :p
878A217D-BE9C-4232-B007-F03FCF86F17C.jpeg
B2E46101-9715-4856-B354-FBBBB23AC544.jpeg

CAO Black Mosaic

Pretty dang good and a great AM smoke.

Might just be the change from always using a straight cut but this V-cutter is currently my favorite. Keep getting perfect draws and it's sharp as a scalpel.

59885566-F233-4B19-870B-C260BD50288E.jpeg

Anyone like Cohiba Red Dot?

Right now on Cigarbid.com, Free Fall auction, you can get a 10 pack of Churchills for what should be right around $50 shipped.

Heck of a lot of smoke for @$5 if you like a Cameroon wrap. Usually about a $12 cigar.

Last Edited:
I can confirm that the Bovida packs are rechargeable.

Stuck them in a ziplock with one of those cheap humidity blocks you pour distilled water in and left them in a warm area for a week.

I just added water today to give them a few more days but they went from hard as a saltine cracker to very soft and squishy like they are almost new.

15597ADB-A576-46DD-802D-B2BD238B071C.jpeg

Can anyone use a 25% off code at cigar.com? I got one with the last purchase I made that expires Jan 31 and I won't be using it.

It requires a minimum of $149 in cart (before discount is applied). Pm me if u can use it but please make sure ur going to use it and not getting the code "just in case" u may want to in the future. The reason I say that is only because if it didn't get used and there was someone else that wanted to use it they would miss out.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR