JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@5w30 thanks much. I've actually considered replacing my humidors (have one at office and other at home office) because they don't work all that well. Both are made from Spanish cedar and look fine, but I do get dried out sticks from time to time.
I stopped using wood humidors and just went with polycarbonate or glass air tight jars. A few months ago I went back to one that hasnt been opened for many years (5 maybe?) and it was still 70ish% humidity inside). They don't lose any humidity compared to my humidors I used to use. Fred Meyer had this three pack of 70 ounce ones for $9.99 a few weeks ago (may be same price still I dunno). I keep them in a dark place.

6142DF85-1F09-45AB-9FF4-C07FE0136172.jpeg

Curious about accessories and what y'all like and don't... why would be nice too.;)

I have a couple entry level things I upgraded from a straight basic $2 cutter and Bic lighter since the summer when I got back into cigars as a regular thing.

From there to a daily thing had me adding more betta tools to my Santa list. I'll update as an after if I wasn't too naughty this year:p.

I also felt like nicer tools would be with me for life and have attachments, such as a decent punch tool my now wife bought me when I first started experimenting when I turned 18. I'm not a huge punch fan anymore but do find it useful on some cigars that have bad caps or stuff like 42 ring gauge's.

I received a very reliable Rockwell quad torch from a great guy this summer and things I like are a fast toast, light and it has a great see thru tank but it is a bit much for touch ups.

So I ordered this:
EE1A3520-D3E9-4296-A1DA-DFEABB793640.png
I like the slightly better focused flame for touch ups and it will still light and toast fast with a little better accuracy. It also has a smaller size punch integrated that I've only used a couple times but it's a nice option in a pinch.

Only real Con I have is no fuel window so it works great until it just up and dies.

I then ordered one of these:
EF621A18-FF66-40A2-84D2-2235CD8C6A32.png

I loved the soft flame during the summer, a lot nicer thehaving to hold down a button on a Bic, when there was little to no wind. I also found the little single torch option great for a quick and precise touch up.

Cons: No fuel window and it's small so it runs out fast, though the soft flame will keep going after the torch stops working. Also the torch can be a little finicky until I realized a slower squeeze on the side button resulted in a much higher reliability with it.

So with no fuel windows I find myself keeping 2 lighters with me.

The only other thing I've upgraded was trying these all steel double blade guillotine but they were only $10 when I bought them:

AAE87245-ED06-4FFF-B819-0EB79E8F0F0E.png
They work a lot better then the plastic cheapies but are not super tight so they are great toss in the pocket and go, are still sharp but there seems to be a lot better ones out there after watching a lot of YouTube reviews

My wish list includes:

Colibri V-Cutter as it seems to get a unanimous 'Best V-Cutter'

Xikar Guillotine - I like the idea of lifetime warranties.

A Perfect Draw tool, after trashing a few sticks I could never get to draw well - I guess I'll see if it lives up to the hype.

A couple different Xikar lighters:

The Flash for that nice single torch touch ups

The HP3 for a good triple in-line that comes to a point

The Verano because I'm intrigued by the flat flame concept.

Lastly:
After looking a lot and starting to get a good size collection I want to preserve I may look at the NewAir CC-300H since it both heats and cools for a birthday gift in a month but I'm fighting myself over the $325ish price tag over the very effective and cheap snapware containers I'm using for my overflow currently.

I like the philosophy of getting 1 nice tool instead of lots of cheap stuff. But for me cigars are kinda way down on the priority list cuz I spend too much on guns, ammo, and camera gear.

I do want to replace my plastic craptastic cigar cutter though (although it's 80 gauge so I can lop cigars in half with it so it's good for that I guess). I see this stainless one is on sale and it's tempting.
C621A8D6-24EF-4D15-8584-CCF20CB49CB1.jpeg

I have had quite a few Walthers over the years including Walther made clones and I have never had a bad one. Can't say that about many companies. Maybe I just got lucky I dunno. From a reliability and value standpoint, to me they seem to be right up there.

We have four Walthers at the present (P99, P22, P-1, and PPK/S). All run like a top. The P99 is one of my wife's carry guns and I pack the PPK/S at times. We run the P22 with a silencer. :)

FYI I noticed Fred Meyer has those big airtight mason jars for $7.99 now. I bought 3 more. Darn, now I guess I have to fill them up with stogies! :p
1608F844-75AD-4408-806C-CC10884E3F1A.jpeg
(don't know why this site rotates the photo, must be a bug)

I enjoyed a Rocky Patel Royale this morning. It was a delightful smoke.

rocky.jpg

By the way, received the packs that go in the humidor. Thanks for the recommendations. (I couldn't help but notice the "Do not eat" warning; I wonder if someone did that. teehee)

Any recommendations on pipe tobacco? I smoked a pipe years ago, but it has been a while.
Unfortunatly, your at the mercy of what ever the local smoke shops might carry, so I get mine on line, mostly imported Belgian or Dutch, but some from Ireland or Scotland!
My personal fav. Is from 7 ships, and its a Belgian black truffle! Spendy, but so worth it! :D

Unfortunatly, your at the mercy of what ever the local smoke shops might carry, so I get mine on line, mostly imported Belgian or Dutch, but some from Ireland or Scotland!
My personal fav. Is from 7 ships, and its a Belgian black truffle! Spendy, but so worth it! :D

Define spendy:rolleyes::D

I'm a cigar smoker on the cheap so a vast majority of my cigars are only $3 (I won't spend more then $4).

A lot of them start at $5-7 at a brick and mortar going up into the $20-40. Online if you don't shop the sales your still gonna pay $5-7 and plenty at $10-15.

I've gone thru a few blends of pipe tobacco now (and can't get loose tobacco shipped to WA) and enjoy them but I still prefer a little meatier smoke that I can get with a nice dark cigar.

I seem to smoke a pipe a bit too fast I think cuz I don't like to keep relighting it. It is great for a shorter smoke though, which is generally what I got too it for.

Define spendy:rolleyes::D

I'm a cigar smoker on the cheap so a vast majority of my cigars are only $3 (I won't spend more then $4).

A lot of them start at $5-7 at a brick and mortar going up into the $20-40. Online if you don't shop the sales your still gonna pay $5-7 and plenty at $10-15.

I've gone thru a few blends of pipe tobacco now (and can't get loose tobacco shipped to WA) and enjoy them but I still prefer a little meatier smoke that I can get with a nice dark cigar.

I seem to smoke a pipe a bit too fast I think cuz I don't like to keep relighting it. It is great for a shorter smoke though, which is generally what I got too it for.
Some times $30+ per Oz!:eek:
Most of what i get online runs around $8 to $12 an Oz, and its really good, i cant see paying for a big name when I can get much better small batch hand cut and get a better quality, flavor, and smoke!
Another thing most folks dont know, even pipe smokers, the type, shape, and stem length all effect the quality and flavor of your smoke, and you can "Tune" your blends to match your pipe!;)

Roger that; I'll have to do some snooping around. We actually have a really good cigar store here, despite it being a one horse town. I haven't checked their pipe tobacco selection.

Out of curiosity, is it common for pipe smokers to mix their tobaccos together? (I realize that question may seem random; one time at the club one of the women we were with wanted to vape, so we went outside. An older gent was smoking a pipe with a very robust, aromatic tobacco, but when I inquired what it was, he replied he just mixes them all up. Seemed odd, but I don't know much about pipe culture or etiquette.)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top