JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Facts" in America appear lately to be what people have read or seen that they wish to believe. "Truth" is seemingly dependent upon how often "facts" are repeated.

What ever happened to critical thinking and intellectual honesty? We used to be a nation that revered common sense over political demagoguery. Remember when the TV was called the "boob-tube" because you couldn't believe half of what was broadcast? When did people start believing so much bubblegum?

Thanks for the link buggy. At least you're willing to provide proof of your, and your political philosophy's epic fail.
Proof that 70% of Republicans favor "right to own guns."
While 67% of Democrats favor "control ownership."

Looking at the trend the poll exposes, the battle certainly appears to swinging our way, despite what you say, or CBS says.
30/65 in '99 vs 46/46 in '09 is a distinct trend.

Also, please note how Pew Research worded that. Even when they slant the questions, the best they can do is come up with 2/3s of dems wanting greater control, and more than 2/3s of 'pubs don't want "right to own" messed with.
If you can find an organization with stronger leftist slant than Pew, you're really doing something.

Hmmm, I guess Terence Perry is correct!
Control Freaks: 7 Ways Liberals Plan ... - Google Books

Dems are control freaks.

I claimed 50 50 and I showed 50 50, however that wasn't my point at all, so this is a sideshow or a derail. My point is that public opinion is fickle, and at this point I can think of few situtations that would move it towards gun rights, and thousands that would move against. Given a fast shift, it will be too late to demonstrate a difference, in the public mind, between responsible gun owners and criminals, crazies, and terrorists.

Addressing your pew point, the cite I linked shows serveral dozen sets of results.

"Facts" in America appear lately to be what people have read or seen that they wish to believe. "Truth" is seemingly dependent upon how often "facts" are repeated.

What ever happened to critical thinking and intellectual honesty? We used to be a nation that revered common sense over political demagoguery. Remember when the TV was called the "boob-tube" because you couldn't believe half of what was broadcast? When did people start believing so much bubblegum?

+1, well said.

It is simple laziness. The intellectually weak lame and lazy, who seem to be fully represented here, would rather be outraged than informed. I actually blame the school system for the woeful inability of most Americans to use logic and independent thought to arrive at a conclusion. The internet is a vast resource of information, but it is like McDonald's: you can get good food, but you have to work for it. The media as well is a partner in the dumbing down of our society, bright smiles and tight skirts seem more important than verified fact.

Nah, Bugeye has his right to say his piece just as we have the right to counter his argument.

I used noterator because *************************************** a term that really made my point very funny.
It was the funniest line I'd come up with for at least a month too, lol.

What's the saying? - If your battle plan is going too well then you're probably walking into a trap. Those that take the 2a seriously best keep very alert.

Much seems to fall under the heading of "eternal vigilance". Subject knowledge is also crucial and there's much more of that here than in the general public.

That's true, but this is a place of one issue, whereas we live in a reality of thousands of issues.
The rather amazing lack of vigilance, and even a level of basic understanding, on issues outside the 2nd is clearly displayed here.
In addition, the intrepretation the 2nd held in 1786 by the states that ratified it, that it was only an assurance of the limits of federal law, and not a limit on state or local law, is ignored in here.

We're lucky the Supreme Court has held that the Bill of Rights applies to the states as well as to congress and they applied that principle again in the D.C. case. Without the two nominees by Bush that split decision would have gone the other way. The two Supremes nominated by Bama will be no help. Liberal thinkers have little respect for restrictions. Their general mindset is "we're in charge here and who do yo people think you are anyway."

Once again, I prove that I am this forum's misinformation source.

And your are doing a VERY FINE job!!

Here's the link that you challenged me to provide!
Poll Shows Voters of All Stripes Oppose More Gun Control

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

And your are doing a VERY FINE job!!

Here's the link that you challenged me to provide!
Poll Shows Voters of All Stripes Oppose More Gun Control

I gave up on you a week ago.

from your cite

"Voters were asked: "Please tell us if gun laws in America are adequate, too harsh, or too lenient for law-abiding citizens."

An overwhelming 75% of voters think that gun laws are either adequate or too harsh for law-abiding citizens (33% think gun laws are too harsh). Also, 57% of Democratic voters consider gun laws to be adequate or too harsh, and only 36% think they're too lenient. "

This question adds the priviso 'for law abiding citizens' and that probably accounts for the differences in the results here vs. the several dozen polls summarized on the link I provided. If you wanted to slant poll results, without being too obvious, than this is exactly the sort of phrase you would add to the question. The problem with 'law abiding', is that is not a constant condition, one may be that at the time of getting the gun but may not be that a week later. If they added the phrase, 'law abiding at the time of purchase' that would also effect the results by reminding that this is not a constant condition.

However even using the results in the cited poll, you have 33% saying too harsh, 42% in the middle, and 25% saying too lenient, that's 54-46, and not far from 50-50.

Your reply post says different....

Are you vague always, or is this just another of your childish tactics.
Perhaps, you can use this as another opportunity to attack me and then close the thread before I can respond!

Tell me, besides attitude do you have as little as you show in here?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top