JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got mine early - a nice pair of Maui Jim's in about that same price range. Some thoughts:
  • Gunsmithing tools
  • Reloading equipment
  • Some comms, like an entry UHF/VHF ham rig or a CB radio if you aren't going to get a license. Maybe a scanner for emergency frequencies.
  • A great pair of hiking boots if you ever have to hoof it
  • Lighting - like some of the excellent tactically tough, tiny, and incredibly bright flashlights. I bought one as a gift earlier this year that came with a rechargeable battery, and the battery had a charging socket built right in like a cell phone. Also headlamps are very useful.
  • Any camping gear you have a jones for?
If you don't think of something you may well wind up with a tie and a coffee mug...

I got mine early - a nice pair of Maui Jim's in about that same price range. Some thoughts:
  • Gunsmithing tools
  • Reloading equipment
  • Some comms, like an entry UHF/VHF ham rig or a CB radio if you aren't going to get a license. Maybe a scanner for emergency frequencies.
  • A great pair of hiking boots if you ever have to hoof it
  • Lighting - like some of the excellent tactically tough, tiny, and incredibly bright flashlights. I bought one as a gift earlier this year that came with a rechargeable battery, and the battery had a charging socket built right in like a cell phone. Also headlamps are very useful.
  • Any camping gear you have a jones for?
If you don't think of something you may well wind up with a tie and a coffee mug...

My wife says I have to drop a hobby before I start reloading, so I have a couple pieces that were given to me but it's still in the box. I do keep my brass though cuz someday I'll figure it out lol.

I have a pair of 2-way radios I got some time ago on sale that have scanners in them.

I have a nice set of boots I've kept in good condition but another set is never bad.

I have a head lamp but more flashlights are always good.

I'm mostly ok with camping gear, I go fairly basic. A better sleeping bag might be nice - I'd like to try a hammock for portability, but the nice ones are a little pricy.

Great ideas! Hopefully no mug or ties, I have plenty:p:rolleyes::D

Well I got hit with The question last night.

I know our funds are restricted (probably less then $200 to just guess) so a firearm is most likely out.

I like stuff that I'll have for awhile, like a knife over Ammo but I have no idea what to ask for.

Another all in one set of tools, some kind of knife (even though I have more then I need and less then I want), gun stuffo_O.

I don't know what I really need, most of it are wants and most of those are out of our financial situation currently.

So 2 questions:

What are you getting yourself or asking for?

Any must have inexpensive items you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing:cool:

.22 was $20 for a brick of federal from Palmetto State Armory, free shipping when buying 5 bricks. Might watch for that deal again.

Wife, "You are too hard to shop for, you always buy what you want anyways."

Me, "You know where all the sporting good stores are."

Honestly, any holiday or birthday it is sort of the same, we have an inside joke. She gets me flowers. AKA a thing of beer. We like to go out for dinner.

Occasionally she will surprise me with ammo or a gun accessory.

Still hasn't bought me a gun yet, not that I am waiting.

Got the tracking info that mine is on the way. Wife asked what I wanted, I said TNW lower to put together a dedicated .45. I guess she listened as I got the e-mail just now that it was coming priority mail. So next Monday range day it should be with me :)

I know one thing... I'm going to scream if I get one more T-shirt... Son and wife can only think of those because nothing else will work even though I say "Don't & Nothing" thank you...:D:eek::D

After years of the wife and I buying each other things we did not really want we agreed on a new process. I send her a link to where she can click 'buy' and she does the same with me. We are then both happy with our gifts.

No tradition of presents for Fathers Day [or Mothers Day]. I'm obliged to do what the wife wants on her day [usually a hike, followed by dinner and a movie]. The boys and I go shooting on Fathers Day, and the girls do whatever they want without us.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top