JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I got hit with The question last night.

I know our funds are restricted (probably less then $200 to just guess) so a firearm is most likely out.

I like stuff that I'll have for awhile, like a knife over Ammo but I have no idea what to ask for.

Another all in one set of tools, some kind of knife (even though I have more then I need and less then I want), gun stuffo_O.

I don't know what I really need, most of it are wants and most of those are out of our financial situation currently.

So 2 questions:

What are you getting yourself or asking for?

Any must have inexpensive items you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing:cool:

Well I got hit with The question last night.

I know our funds are restricted (probably less then $200 to just guess) so a firearm is most likely out.

I like stuff that I'll have for awhile, like a knife over Ammo but I have no idea what to ask for.

Another all in one set of tools, some kind of knife (even though I have more then I need and less then I want), gun stuffo_O.

I don't know what I really need, most of it are wants and most of those are out of our financial situation currently.

So 2 questions:

What are you getting yourself or asking for?

Any must have inexpensive items you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing:cool:

I got nothin' for you Joe. Not a dad, that I know of. :s0131: And it kind of seems that if you got to come up with something you want so they can go buy it for you that the special day isn't all that special. YMMV Maybe just find something YOU have been wanting to do and have the wife and daughter accompany you. Let them do the work while YOU just sit around and relax? A big bucket of chicken W/trimmings on the bank of the Washugal, or something like that?

I do usually get a surprise call on fathers Day though, from the kid of a gal I dated some 30+ years ago. A couple three years after she and I split we took in one of her boys as a temporary foster kid for about six months. Thinking he was 13ish at that time. We're still in touch and he is a member here and posts fairly often. He's 43 now I believe.

Too funny Joe, I had to look up to see when Father's day was.
I want a new brain with mega memory installed, shouldn't be that expensive for a Caveman model. :p:p:p:)

Brain hell! "Body", please fix BODY!

i told my wife i want a chainsaw. she rolled her eyes:rolleyes:

lol the one i want is definately out of "fathers day price range"... i really dont need anything... rather just have a good day with my wife and boys. maybe go to breakfast or somethin

I got nothin' for you Joe. Not a dad, that I know of. :s0131: And it kind of seems that if you got to come up with something you want so they can go buy it for you that the special day isn't all that special. YMMV Maybe just find something YOU have been wanting to do and have the wife and daughter accompany you. Let them do the work while YOU just sit around and relax? A big bucket of chicken W/trimmings on the bank of the Washugal, or something like that?

I do usually get a surprise call on fathers Day though, from the kid of a gal I dated some 30+ years ago. A couple three years after she and I split we took in one of her boys as a temporary foster kid for about six months. Thinking he was 13ish at that time. We're still in touch and he is a member here and posts fairly often. He's 43 now I believe.

Brain hell! "Body", please fix BODY!

Baby steps Mike, baby steps...:p
Over the years I have asked for things that I knew I would never get, like a new set of ears, eyes, new neck, back, shoulders and recently new un arthritic hands....:oops:

Just a relaxing day where the wife cooks, the kid cleans his room without being harped at, maybe a back rub from wifey... yeah Imma keep dreaming :rolleyes:

At least no one buys me ties. I hate neck ties.

On that new diet so I'm stuck with that for awhile:D.

Idk, my daughter is grown and still living with us while she's in college so we have always tried to do holiday stuff so she will come back to our house and not the boyfriends if possible lol;).

If I don't give her and the wife at least a direction then it's sometimes great and sometimes misses the mark altogether so it makes it easier for them if I have something.

Also neither of them have much interest in guns or knives cuz they all look the same to them :oops:.

I'll probably take part of the day off to hang with them but will be waist deep in the remodel for my buddy at that point and want it done sooner then later so I can get away from 14 hour days ASAP.

Was just curious and appreciate the responses.

I'm at that age where I mostly have everything that I want and any "toys" that I still want are hard to find and expensive.

I'm not quite there yet but the expensive part is true:D.

I might just send them my Amazon cart, save till later items and let them figure it out from there.

I'm buying myself a matching set of RIA 1911 22 TCM pistols. I've been curious about them for a while and my daughter expressed an interest as well. So, one for me to use and one for her to use, and we'll torture the dueling tree to tears on father's day. :)

I wish you luck on compiling your gift list.

Going to Idaho to shoot a Father's day match with my son, his first USPSA match.

And to scout property.

Gonna be a great day!!

Last Edited:
Given the fact that you now have a functioning AR, Joe, I'd suggest:

1. A small, portable, cleaning kit.

2. A small torx/allen/screw driver multi-tool or tool kit in case you have to tear down a firearm out in the field.

Both can be had for an easy to swallow price.

We have 5 birthdays from the 13th to the 28th with the wife's the day before. No Father's Day for me this year!

Ouch, my daughters birthday falls on Mother's Day sometimes, so we just do Mother's Day a week later or wha not.

Given the fact that you now have a functioning AR, Joe, I'd suggest:

1. A small, portable, cleaning kit.

2. A small torx/allen/screw driver multi-tool or tool kit in case you have to tear down a firearm out in the field.

Both can be had for an easy to swallow price.

Ya know, I've been meaning to get that kind of thing set up for range days and such anyway.

Great ideas everyone! Enjoy the time with your kids for sure:)

How about a "Range bag" or other related. Harbor freight tools has a nice little multi bit set with a bunch of driver bits, it's a nice set with lots of the common sizes. A small set of screw drivers is always handy! IDK!
My youngest has something cool for me, so I gotta wait and see what I get!:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top