JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a problem with enjoying someone collecting armorment but I will take issue if I can't revel in see such items ...... ;)
This is one I took home today.

1000002875.jpg

1000002876.jpg

Savage 24C with 22lr up top and 20ga below.

It is possible to beat the addiction. I haven't bought a gun in over a year, and have no desire to buy another anytime in the near future.

When you're worried and stressed daily over far more important things, new toys become nearly meaningless.

After reading the Costco thread, I decided to add up my spending for the month of February. Back of the envelope (literally) calculations indicate that, I have spent $606 so far this month on groceries, fuel, household and personal care items. I will probably drop close to another hundred this morning on trips to Walmart, Winco, Grocery Outlet and Freddy's. That will put the total at about $700.

To compare I spent $883 on guns and ammo just over this last weekend. Obviously the guns and ammo spending is way out of control compared to my other spending. I have about $1160 of firearm spending commitments to make in March. Besides those commitments, fuel cost and fixed expenses and I not going to spend any other money for the entire month of March.

This may not seem like much of an effort to you disciplined folks but for me, it will be difficult. I have plenty of food and supplies at home but will pick up some last minute items this morning.
I may be looking to barter for some items later in March.

Transactions from Feb 1 through 28th rounded up to nearest dollar.

View attachment 1833405

Edit: I have some extra motivations to do the no spend in March:

March is a three payday month from my primary job. That will exaggerate the savings.

I have my first range trip of the year planned for the last week of March. I need to spend time digging threw my hoard rather than adding a bunch more to it.

My wife is going on a cruise at the end of March and wants the freezers emptied so she can buy her son a bunch of easy to prepare junk food.

I have tax bill coming up in April.

I want to get some reloading done before April trip to cabin property.

Lastly I told my wife I would get the rest of my gun crap moved to my safe space before she got back.
You need a budget. I built a spreadsheet back in 2009 when I separated from the now-ex, with which I can forecast my income and expenses all the way to December 31st of each year. I populate the cells in the several categories with numbers from the previous year, and I can see where I'll end by year's end. It used to be a lot more important when I had divorce debt to pay off, but now that that's all gone and I have no debt incurring any interest, it's just an exercise in fun to see how much more money I'll have on December 31st of this than I did on December 31st of the last one.

Last Edited:
The concept of no escapes many.
It is the only response a salesman has no counter to. Not "I can't because of my bunion, wife, finances, day of the week" etc etc.
I wouldn't really worry about it though.

You need a budget. I built a spreadsheet back in 2009 when I separated from the now-ex, with which I can forecast my income and expenses all the way to December 31st of each year. I populate the cells in the several categories with numbers from the previous year, and I can see where I'll end by year's end. It used to be a lot more important when I had divorce debt to pay off, but now that that's all gone and I have no debt incurring any interest, it's just an exercise in fun to see how much more money I'll have on December 31st of this than I did on December 31st of the last one.
I have a Google spreadsheet with my monthly static living expenses. There is no slack in it for anything - my SS benefits just almost cover mortgage/food/etc., so "extra" stuff that comes up has to be covered by savings which dropped to about $1K last year (not including my IRAs). I am not comfortable having only that much cash on hand so I pull small amounts from my regular IRA.

March will have no "extra" expenses on my CC bill (due in April) but the March bill (due end of March) will be about $2K. I have not done my taxes yet, but the back of envelope guesstimate is that it will be under $1K due (probably less than $500).

So if I can keep myself disciplined from here on and nothing unexpected happens, I should be good this year. I do have car insurance due again in 6 months and road maintenance fee due this summer - so those need to be covered.

The concept of no escapes many.
It is the only response a salesman has no counter to. Not "I can't because of my bunion, wife, finances, day of the week" etc etc.
I wouldn't really worry about it though.
"I wouldn't really worry about it though."

I would't worry about it either. We have much worse problems to worry about.

Worrying about whether I have more firearms than I want seems like a pretty lame thing for me to worry about, especially given the issues others are worrying about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top