Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thanking the seattle mayor!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by xm193, Jan 29, 2013.

1. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

Now that the national media has latched on to the gun show that broke out at the gun buyback its time to thank the mayor. I suggest everyone from Washington state write to the mayor and thank him and ask when the next gun show is scheduled. Seattle Mayor, Mike McGinn - Contact Us - Write to Mayor McGinn

SAMPLE LETTER
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for gun buy back program. Finding pre-qualified sellers of fire-arms for low dollars is hard to find at Washington arms collectors shows plus they charge membership and do background checks. I scored some sweet deals and with the economy in the tank and historical high unemployment every dollar counts.

2. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

I copied and pasted said letter.
    Thank you so much. Yey seattle gun shows.

3. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

The best part, the police were on hand to keep everyone safer than at a gunshow. ;)

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ooooohhh you are bad.

BAAAAAAAADDDD! :bluelaugh: :laugh: :bluelaugh:

5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

And this would give another reason/talking point for them to try for legislation to make all private sales to go thru an FFL. Don't get me wrong I like the fact alot of guns were not destroyed and many people got great deals but dont rub their noses in it.

6. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Except WA has a little note in the state constitution that would prevent that.

7. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I am speaking nationally as Federal laws trump state law, similar to Wash legalizing weed but it can still be federally prosecuted. The fact it was getting national media attention is great but it could also backfire in the press as par for the course.

PS: I deleted your last comment due to rules violation.

8. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Federal law only trumps state law if the state allows it to.

9. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Gosh Deadeye, I understand exactly what you are saying, but some times after a period of tiptoeing through broken glass a fellow just needs to kick some of that broken glass out of his way! At least it was written with humor. I'll bet that our opponents will make up a dozen worse points this week and in some cases people will have a chance to point out that some beautiful and historically significant firearms were saved from destruction at the buy back / gun show!

10. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

We're always talking about respecting and defending and following the US Constitution when it comes to the Second Amendment, right? Here's what Article VI of the US Constitution says:

11. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

The Seattle mayor wants to take the "Gun Distributor of the Year" award away from Eric Holder.