JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
how Second amendment foundation or NRA or others can help us without donating money

- Give us the name of the signature gathering company that isnt paid off by bloomberg that we can hire.
- point volunteers in our direction that can help us out. 3 guys working full time jobs on this recall. I've spend 4 hours this weekend printing signature forms myself on my home printer so that we can save $30 on printing costs as opposed to going to Kinko's
- Give us lists of supporters in the district where we can canvas. If you cant yourself, give us the name of someone who knows that information and can get it to us.
- send out emails to your supporters with our web address

Other indirect help? You guys do this for a living. Im sure making calls to people you know who can help us out is not illegal.

Alan would have explained this to you right up front. Did you or someone else actually speak to him?
Sure, he supports the idea of recalling candidates. Heck, I even wrote about that in an examiner piece back on April 17.

Alan would have explained this to you right up front. Did you or someone else actually speak to him?
Sure, he supports the idea of recalling candidates. Heck, I even wrote about that in an examiner piece back on April 17.

Doesnt matter now. I know that you cant financially support us. How about any of the other indirect help I mentioned above?

Do you know of a signature gathering company that will work with us? Giving us the name of a company isnt supporting one candidate or another

Haven't played this game for several decades..............but. At one time I set up a 501c(3) foundation. It was to fund a state park. The IRS manual(s) added up to a large stack of catalogs. One thing I do remember, no lobbying! (that time period)

So depending on current IRS rules and how organizations are formed (legally), there are dos & don't. Some of the rules were crazy, the foundation was allowed to build a tennis court, but purchasing tennis balls was a no-no. Go figure?

Foreverlost,

Haven't played this game for several decades..............but. At one time I set up a 501c(3) foundation. It was to fund a state park. The IRS manual(s) added up to a large stack of catalogs. One thing I do remember, no lobbying! (that time period)

So depending on current IRS rules and how organizations are formed (legally), there are dos & don't. Some of the rules were crazy, the foundation was allowed to build a tennis court, but purchasing tennis balls was a no-no. Go figure?

Foreverlost,

That's cool as long as they tell us. Perhaps the NRA isnt helping because they cant? That would be nice to know rather than wasting time asking for help.

What we are getting is a lot of people telling us what we can do for them. Hearing from Republicans telling us to focus on McLain instead of Riley. If you are going to try to direct our efforts while providing zero support then you dont get to direct our efforts. How about at least call me back and say why you cant help us

It seems everyone's hands are tied except the people we are going after.

Having all the signature gathering companies not want to work with us should really be disturbing to you guys. These groups may not be able to legall help us, but someone or some groups are definitely hurting our efforts on purpose.

Care must be taken in the area of fundraising, lest you garner the attention of the Federal Election Commission.
With the current atmosphere in DC, and the use of the IRS to terrorize anyone that disagrees with the admin's agenda, no 501c3 (non-profit) is going to help.
As a 501c4 organization, the NRA is allowed to help to some degree.

Now for a few political realities.
Starting with the FACT that Oregon is a "blue" state, and has been since the 90s began. Twenty years of democrat dominance, including the election and re-election of some of the biggest governing failures in America's history has shown repeatedly that Oregon politics doesn't provide a lot of return-on-investment for political donors from the "red" side of the political spectrum.

I think the best anyone can hope for in this fight, is a small but strategic shift.
Pick the three or four pro 941 reps and senators that won their districts by the slimmest margins, put together a ground game of signature gatherers and door-knockers and THEN ask for financial help.

The other thing to remember is that Kate Brown is subject to a special election soon. Don't expect any monies for a campaign before then.
But do consider trading help at that time, for assistance during the recall campaign(s), and then commit to following through.

And in the mean time, be sure to "thank" all those blue voting gun owners (you guys know who you are) for helping bring this debacle about.
They get their news and opinions from places like Salon, HuffPo, Media Matters and "organizing for action," so if you want to know who they are, stop by a couple of those websites regularly and read their talking points.
That way when you read those same points here at NWFA, you'll know who is parroting the opposition's positions.
These people are all about divide and conquer, but they're fairly easy to see through if you know where to look.

National Rifle Association mission
  1. To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
  2. To promote public safety, law and order, and the national defense.
  3. To train members of law enforcement agencies, the armed forces, the militia, and people of good repute in marksmanship and in the safe handling and efficient use of small arms.
  4. To foster and promote the shooting sports.
  5. To promote hunter safety

National Rifle Association mission
  1. To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
  2. To promote public safety, law and order, and the national defense.
  3. To train members of law enforcement agencies, the armed forces, the militia, and people of good repute in marksmanship and in the safe handling and efficient use of small arms.
  4. To foster and promote the shooting sports.
  5. To promote hunter safety

Why have a grass roots coordinator who's job it is to work with people like me (who says it is their job to work with people like me) then provide no support.

Why have that job position? They dont want to help that is fine. Just asking why are they wasting my time talking with us.

Taku, Keely has said flat out the only help she will provide is "referring people that ask her to our website." I know you think I am pissed at the NRA because I'm some sort of Bloomberg plant (which makes no sense considering we are running an anti-bloomberg candidate recall), but they really are refusing to help us.

And to "having enough money to defeat Bloomberg," lets compare bank accounts. Bloomberg vs NRA or Bloomberg vs Bolus, B5Ben, and myself...

Basically what I said is do it without badmouthing the best pro gun allies in the nation.
That badmouthing of the NRA, or GOA, SAF, or any pro gun group places you on the ground in the anti's court using their tactics. Stop fragging pro gun allies.
You all will get more support from people by not attacking them because many support all pro gun orgs and dont take kindly to people putting them down. Donate to who you want but stop alienating the rest.
Just maybe some of their members might assist you?
Then maybe you anger them to the point they wont. Time would tell.

Last Edited:
Basically what I said is do it without badmouthing the best pro gun allies in the nation.
That badmouthing of the NRA, or GOA, SAF, or any pro gun group places you on the ground in the anti's court using their tactics. Stop fragging pro gun allies.
Their inaction in Washington and Oregon is complicit with assistance to Michael Bloomberg for taking away our rights.

Doing nothing is the same as showing support.

PVF Oregon
Notice no elections listed for Oregon?
No amount of phone calls, email, paper mail, face to face makes a difference.
We now know what a SUPER MAJORITY does.
Who of you is registered Democrat?
You support the Democrat platform.
Used to be you could be an honorable member of either major party.
Used to be you could be a multi issue voter.
Fun to kick conservatives, Ha Ha! but we're all gun owners.

Their inaction in Washington and Oregon is complicit with assistance to Michael Bloomberg for taking away our rights.

Doing nothing is the same as showing support.

Yep you just cant quit it can you.
Its ingrained in you to continue badmouthing them.
I give up on you. Let someone else explain it.

And you can't accept any other opinion than the NRA is the messiah for gun owners. They aren't actually doing anything to help though. OFF does more in a week than the NRA has done in the last year in Oregon.

Hey Norm0931!
are you a blue dog, waiting for the next handout?
Do you think the NRA-ILA-PVF is like the
3rd Armored Division pushing up the west side of the Euphrates R?
Or the 1st Marine Division rolling up the east side of the Euphrates R?
Un-stoppable juggernauts with unlimited supply trains supporting them?
With Air Support plowing the fields smooth?

Hey Norm0931!
So, because I don't support the NRA I must be a democrat? Well, first I'm a registered independent. Second, I usually end up voting republican, not that that's really any of your business. Third, I was a part of the 1st Marine Division and I can tell you we did not have anything remotely close to "unlimited supply trains." Furthermore, I'm an NRA member, a firearms instructor, and a supporter of OFF and SAF because they actually get results. I'm not blindly loyal however to the NRA when their sole contributions to the state of Oregon and Washington are; a couple lobbyists, a couple emails, and in the case of Washington, some bumper stickers. That's a bubbleguming joke.

We're running a recall of 2 Bloomberg funded candidates. WTF are you or the NRA doing? I can tell you one thing the NRA is doing, ASKING FOR HANDOUTS FROM AMERICANS ON A WEEKLY BASIS so Wayne La Pierre can take home a million dollars a year.

And in the mean time, be sure to "thank" all those blue voting gun owners (you guys know who you are) for helping bring this debacle about.
They get their news and opinions from places like Salon, HuffPo, Media Matters and "organizing for action," so if you want to know who they are, stop by a couple of those websites regularly and read their talking points.

BINGO! Move to the head of the class.
I belong to several forums, and among the members are invariably those who vote against their own rights because of any number of reasons (i.e. "I'm with them on other social issues"). There seem to be quite a few hereabouts, from either the Seattle/Puget Sound area or down in the Willamette Valley. Everywhere else in the Pacfic Northwest is either purple or red.

This is what being with them on "other social issues" gets you, and the rest of us. Right where they want you. Giving more importance to "other social issues" than constitutionally-guaranteed rights of privacy and keeping and bearing arms.

Hey Norm0931!

Im going to hijack my own thread back. I want to hear from you guys how you are going to get these groups to help us. I dont want to hear about what they do or how great they are.

If you have nothing to contribute that does not directly help the recalls, Then please post it somewhere else.

If you think the recalls are dumb and Im wasting hours of my personal time, post it somewhere else. If you dont think the NRA should help us, post it somewhere else.

Norm,
You are the NRA, You failed!
Me too, btw.
1st, I am a one topic voter - gun rights only
2nd, was independent till I discovered I helped to split the conservative vote bringing Carter to the WH
3rd, I was Comm Co, HQBN, 1stMarDiv, then Btry A, 4th LAAM Bn
NRA Life, RSO, DRRC board of directors, OSSA member.
I donated $ to defeat I594, my money, not my blue democrat liberal state. stupid me
I donated $ and time to defeat Merkley, my senator, in a blue democrat liberal dominated state, stupid me
I donated $ and time to defeat SB941, in a blue democrat, liberal dominated state, stupid me.

What is different between you and me?
Me - SMEAC, BAMCIS
You - unceasing whining!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR