JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My :s0159:? The 2nd amendment should give us the right to carry our weapons loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed almost anywhere. To tell us that we can't is not right, especially in public! I don't think it was the right decision to ask people to unarm and unprotect themselves.

No, you will not be alone. I believe the vast majority of Americans will get very upset if a minority attempts to impose their will by violent means, myself incluced.

How about if the majority, who are against all of the things congress is now backhandedly doing, takes up arms? How about if the will they are imposing is the will of our Republic's Constitution? Does that change it in your mind or have you already chosen to believe what your party is telling you?

Revolutions start with small adherent percentages but before they end the percentages change, one way or the other.

Most people who become involved in revolution do not want to be involved, these things envelope people like disease, the only way out is to leave early.

Back to the subject; I want to be involved in peaceful reform of our government, and I don't know if there is a 'party' in existence that wouldn't make rules like this for a gathering, but if there were I'd have bet it would have been the Tea Party, and sadly I'd have been wrong.

I do agree they should be supportive of the second amendment. You would have to truly be an lunatic to pull out a gun and start shooting at an armed crowd. But you expand the range to non-lunatics if he knows (or at least sees) he is potentially the only one in the crowd with a gun.

The Tea party is NOT rebranded Republicans. If you really knew anything about the tea party you would know they are fed up with the BS coming out of most republicans mouths as well as most other potliticians, regardless of party. There ARE some republicans that fully support Tea Party ideology, but to make a value judgment and label the whole movement as a rebranded Republican party is wrong.

As one of them, I agree. I am not a republican, because they have sold me out too many times. I vote for the man and his ideals, not the party (which means I never vote democrat by default) There are Independents, Constitution Party, American 3rd Position Party, etc

Revolutions start with small adherent percentages but before they end the percentages change, one way or the other.

Most people who become involved in revolution do not want to be involved, these things envelope people like disease, the only way out is to leave early.

Back to the subject; I want to be involved in peaceful reform of our government, and I don't know if there is a 'party' in existence that wouldn't make rules like this for a gathering, but if there were I'd have bet it would have been the Tea Party, and sadly I'd have been wrong.

What is happening is an influx of outsiders trying to hijack the TEA movement. Palin is a perfect example of this. She has virtually nothing in common with TEA and was not near us until she saw TEA as a way to gain massive support for a 2012 run. The TEA people I know despise her politics. What you must do is get involved and not allow these interlopers to interfere

Hmmm, let me start with quotes from one of our founders, and you can decide if he was inciting violence;

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. (has not tyranny arrived?)
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. (OH MY, violence)
Thomas Jefferson

Watcher, what side of the street would you align Mr. Thomas Jefferson?

And not doing anything that justifies violence? Our government? LOL! What about this health care bill that they have forced down Every AMERICANS throat? Next they are going to tell you, sorry watcher the only car you can buy is GM made, or the only light bulbs you can use are . . . . Wait they are doing that now! How much do you think OUR Founding Fathers would have taken before they rebelled? We have become a nation of sit on our hands and wait WIMPS rather than a nation of Patriots returning OUR COUNTRY to it's roots in the CONSTITUTION! Heck, most of us don't even vote! They are dividing and conquering us as we speak and here is the perfect example. There's a difference between 2nd Amendment people and TEA Party people. BULL CRAP!
Do I encourage violence leading to a second civil war? HECK NO! First we exhaust the power of voting by getting as many AMERICANS to vote as possible.

This speaks for me as well :s0155:

Well, Nov. '08 was a great example of what you get when unions are allowed to spend unchecked based on their membership.
I know more than one union member that is always pissed about the political contributions made in their name. Their alternative? Quit their job.
"Community organizations" are another entity that is allowed to work tirelessly on a candidates behalf, with few/no restrictions.
Balance politically isn't ALWAYS a bad thing.

+1

I'm in a union, and I DESPISE the political endorsements my local has forwarded... ALL of the endorsed have a "D" after their name too... big shocker. :rolleyes:

The TEA people I know despise her politics. What you must do is get involved and not allow these interlopers to interfere

Well, if they despise Palin I won't have anything to do with them anyway, it's not her, it's the message. The message is tone down government, slow it down, cut it back and get back to what the founders started with. Palin is in agreement with that. I suspect a lot of the hatred of Palin is based on idiotic MSM. She didn't choose McCain, he chose her. I don't know why she came out for him recently, but her ideas don't fit with his. Most of the people who hate Palin love Obama.

The TP started with mostly Ron Paul people and got hijacked real quick by Republicans looking for an escape route from the Neocons.

Are you sure the Tea Party wants career politicians like Ron Paul who talk tough about things like earmarks yet get out the pen when it's time to divvy them up?

Pfft.

hmmmm.......I think this is one of those ones where I would carry concealed anyway. I think this applies to the guy carrying an AR over his shoulder with a mag in his pocket.

They are trying to clean up the "noise" because the radical left is picking at anything they can to make them/us look like a bunch of lunies. That being said, I do not know why they would try to appeal the the left. The Tea Party is about the average guy, I'd like to think I am one of those, gun or no gun.

I've worn my piece concealed at every rally at our state capitol, all my posse does, and will continue to do so as long as it's legal

Well, if they despise Palin I won't have anything to do with them anyway, it's not her, it's the message. The message is tone down government, slow it down, cut it back and get back to what the founders started with. Palin is in agreement with that. I suspect a lot of the hatred of Palin is based on idiotic MSM. She didn't choose McCain, he chose her. I don't know why she came out for him recently, but her ideas don't fit with his. Most of the people who hate Palin love Obama.

Palin is a political opportunist and neo con.. this is why I despise her. I am a Paleo Conservative (think Founding Fathers)

Palin recently campaigned for McJuan Amnesty against a genuine conservative in the R primary. That says it all

Just ask them which political stance she has that they are against. They won't likely mention any. They are just repeating what they are told. Some may say her Christianity which of course has nothing to do with her politics. Some will say she's stupid. Perhaps she needs more teleprompters.

JD Hayworth.
He is more to the right of McCain. Which isn't saying too much. I think Palin is quite a bit to the right of McCain. I liked her ideals better than his in '08.

The problem I have with the last few election cycles is having to vote for "the lesser of two evils."
This time around I am going to pick a candidate and not just vote for them, but actively support them in the run up.
The first criteria for my choice will be their stand on Constitutional issues. The first being the second, if you will! That will be the primary. Regardless if my person wins there, I will stay active. How active will depend on the criteria for the primary. I am tired of the parties voting for whomever is most "electable" within the GOP/Dem/Libertarian etc.
If that aligns with the Tea party, fine. If not, oh well :shrug: but I honestly think it will work out that way. There is a lot about the Tea Party ideals I find I like.

Can you name this supposed genuine conservative? I must have missed it.

Here ya go:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/03/18/mccains-gop-primary-challenger-trails-him-by-just-7-points/

haywoodmccain.jpg

JD Hayworth.
He is more to the right of McCain. Which isn't saying too much. I think Palin is quite a bit to the right of McCain. I liked her ideals better than his in '08.

The problem I have with the last few election cycles is having to vote for "the lesser of two evils."
This time around I am going to pick a candidate and not just vote for them, but actively support them in the run up.
The first criteria for my choice will be their stand on Constitutional issues. The first being the second, if you will! That will be the primary. Regardless if my person wins there, I will stay active. How active will depend on the criteria for the primary. I am tired of the parties voting for whomever is most "electable" within the GOP/Dem/Libertarian etc.
If that aligns with the Tea party, fine. If not, oh well :shrug: but I honestly think it will work out that way. There is a lot about the Tea Party ideals I find I like.

Believe it or not 70% + Of American voters have a favorable view of TEA.. recent poll

Palin is a political opportunist and neo con.. this is why I despise her. I am a Paleo Conservative (think Founding Fathers)

Palin recently campaigned for McJuan Amnesty against a genuine conservative in the R primary. That says it all

Despise her? LOL! Just from that comment alone I feel the same about you. Political opportunist? Hmmm, there she sat in the Governors office after kicking out a corrupt REPUBLICAN cabinet and along comes john mccain, "want to be my VP Sarah?" Yeah, I see what you mean, she set it all up.

And do me a favor, oh despised one and give me your opinion of neo-con.. (is it suppose to have 2 dots behind the word?)

Now as for Ms. Palin campaigning for mccain it's simple, can you say friends? But that's probably an alien word to you.

You say you are a "I am a Paleo Conservative" (paleo means = older or ancient, esp. relating to the geological past) does that mean you are Christian? Because our Founding Fathers were very Christian men who did not go around despising women they haven't ever met.

Despise her? LOL! Just from that comment alone I feel the same about you. Political opportunist? Hmmm, there she sat in the Governors office after kicking out a corrupt REPUBLICAN cabinet and along comes john mccain, "want to be my VP Sarah?" Yeah, I see what you mean, she set it all up.

And do me a favor, oh despised one and give me your opinion of neo-con.. (is it suppose to have 2 dots behind the word?)

Now as for Ms. Palin campaigning for mccain it's simple, can you say friends? But that's probably an alien word to you.

You say you are a "I am a Paleo Conservative" (paleo means = older or ancient, esp. relating to the geological past) does that mean you are Christian? Because our Founding Fathers were very Christian men who did not go around despising women they haven't ever met.

I am a devout Christian.. Palin is a neo con traitor who cares more about a small, terrorist foreign nation (that spies on us and commits terrorist acts) than the USA. She is an opportunist, phony and a great danger to what is left of the Republic. I would sooner vote for a trained Chimp ;)

In addition the Founders would never allow a woman to hold such an office

Fooled again and again, that is the state of the American voter

I am a devout Christian.. Palin is a neo con traitor who cares more about a small, terrorist foreign nation (that spies on us and commits terrorist acts) than the USA. She is an opportunist, phony and a great danger to what is left of the Republic. I would sooner vote for a trained Chimp ;)

In addition the Founders would never allow a woman to hold such an office

Fooled again and again, that is the state of the American voter

Trained chimp? Is that what you call bho and I bet you did vote for him.

Hmmm, I beg to differ on what our founders would say about Ms. Palin, in my thinking she would be the best thing that could happen to this country.

"who cares more about a small, terrorist foreign nation (that spies on us and commits terrorist acts) than the USA. She is an opportunist, ('a person who exploits circumstances to gain immediate advantage rather than being guided by consistent principles or plans', (cool I suppose I'm one of them too, heck someone drops a hundred dollar bill on the ground I sure ain't going to tell them (-: to me that's just smart) phony (I don't know about that, I'll bet she's caught more fish and killed more moose than you) and a great danger to what is left of the Republic." AND OBAMA AIN'T? Are you telling me you voted for that trained teleprompter chimp over a babe? Heck, I'll bet bho ain't never done shot no gun. Nope, I'll vote for someone who shoots and hunts and fishes any day of the week, and there are just seven, than some fool whose only claim to fame is voting 'present' when he was a senator. And with Sarah Palin being a firearm owner she will stand with us on the 2nd. Did you really vote for the trained chimp? You don't look that stu . . . . Sorry

What country are you talking about? Norway, Brazil, turkey, Germany or the white flag waving french (they don't deserve capitalization of their name).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top