JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does that answer the fact that the democrats have no such fine concept of the founding fathers ideals? Are you agreeing with me that we should let them have the shebang until they ruin the country?

How are you going to get the democrats, who are in delirious orgasmic joy at finally running the whole country, to give up the power they have?

Wow! Maybe, just maybe if there were term limits and OTHER RESTRICTIONS, put on congress there would be better balance of power. I am not against democrats, what I am against is career politicians of either party sitting on there fat asses year after year collecting a paycheck, not reading the bills and voting present.

" How are you going to get the democrats, who are in delirious orgasmic joy at finally running the whole country, to give up the power they have?" By voting the ones in power out and remember the republicans once had power and screwed a lot of things up too.

OK, here goes;
Term of 3 years for both side of Congress
Term limit of 2 terms, never electable to CONGRESS again.
Salary starting equal to a 2nd Lieutenant with automatic raise after 18 months.
Wages and benefits set by the state they represent.
Pension & benefits stop at the end of the term served. No life long anything!
Recallable after 18/36 months in office. If recalled runner up fills the position.
Must prove United States Citizenship
Must have prior military experience or served in the state senate they represent.

OK, here goes;
Term of 3 years for both side of Congress
Term limit of 2 terms, never electable to CONGRESS again.
Salary starting equal to a 2nd Lieutenant with automatic raise after 18 months.
Wages and benefits set by the state they represent.
Pension & benefits stop at the end of the term served. No life long anything!
Recallable after 18/36 months in office. If recalled runner up fills the position.
Must prove United States Citizenship
Must have prior military experience or served in the state senate they represent.

What do you have against the United States Constitution? :confused:

What do you have against the United States Constitution? :confused:

I love the Constitution but like everything else as time goes along we see areas where the founding fathers never dreamed as happening, happen. Amendments, to the Constitution, I believe are necessary. When our Constitution was written, the intent was for people to serve and then go back to running there farms or businesses. As it sits now, Congress controls us, rather than WE THE PEOPLE controlling Congress. What everyone must understand, and it has taken me a while to understand this, Congress works for US, congress reports to us and not the President!

LOL! Did you just convert or have you heard of him before? I believe he has the mojo to defeat patty cakes and what is more he is one of us!

He's been running some pretty impressive talk radio ads, traditional paleo conservative talk about returning to our Founding Documents, etc

Now you wanna talk truly 150% despise, the communist in tennis shoes gets the nod from me (Murray)

We do not exclude anyone, I'm sorry you have taken the onion

Shrek10big.jpg

He's been running some pretty impressive talk radio ads, traditional paleo conservative talk about returning to our Founding Documents, etc

Now you wanna talk truly 150% despise, the communist in tennis shoes gets the nod from me (Murray)

I do not like her politics, nor do I like the republican congressmen in this state but I'll gladly vote for Akers, did you see his thoughts on term limits?

What the Tea party is trying to push is a non-violent agenda so the blanket statement 'no guns' although aimed at everyone is meant to keep the lunatic fringe from pulling a gun. Or worse, a stool pigeon under guise of a Tea Partier doing something stupid.

ZEEZEE. Last I heard It was already illegal to:1- be a lunatic with a gun, 2- present a weapon with out a reasonable threat, 3- fire a weapon at innocent people.
In my opinion, this logic falls in step with "hate crimes" and "gun free zones". How exactly does a Law, or in this case, a political party's rule about their members, prevent crime?
I realize you may only be identifying what they are trying to do, not agree with them, but its hard to tell.:huh:

ZEEZEE. Last I heard It was already illegal to:1- be a lunatic with a gun, 2- present a weapon with out a reasonable threat, 3- fire a weapon at innocent people.
In my opinion, this logic falls in step with "hate crimes" and "gun free zones". How exactly does a Law, or in this case, a political party's rule about their members, prevent crime?
I realize you may only be identifying what they are trying to do, not agree with them, but its hard to tell.:huh:

Jim Vause who is organizing the TEA Party event wrote in response to Chee-to, listed on page 4 of this discussion and here is what he said;

I emailed to voice my opinion on "NO GUNS" at rally, I received a response this morning;

Sorry Bob, I'm do not intend to step on the 2nd Amendment, I support it 100% The intent is to keep away displayed weapons so that the mainstream media doesn't picture someone and make a mountain out of a mole hill that we are a bunch of gun toting racist. It's a shame but that just what they would do and the next thing we would see is 2 or 3 dozen State Police and City of Salem Police on hand. Out of 4 major rally's at the Capital we have only had one problem and that was a young teenager displaying a 26" machete, what for I have no idea, macho I guess. I put a stop to it as a news type was trying his best to get a picture. His mom saw no problem with it until I explained to her why the guy was doing his best to photograph her son. I'm sure out of the hundreds that were in attendance some were carrying permitted, and not displaying as is our intent. We do not exclude anyone, I'm sorry you have taken the opinion that we are wrong and stepping on your rights. Under the current environment with the left doing their best to put us in bad light with the general public, we do our best to change that opinion. Sometimes it's a tight rope we walk.

Jim Vause

A NEW WAVE, LET FREEDOM RING
Come and join us at the State Capital
www.oregontaxdayrally.ning.com

I understand his logic, but if I attend it will be carrying. What's the problem?

Wow! Maybe, just maybe if there were term limits and OTHER RESTRICTIONS, put on congress there would be better balance of power.

I think you may have missed my point. If you vote for Tea Party candidates all you will achieved is a continuation of what we have now.

I think you may have missed my point. If you vote for Tea Party candidates all you will achieved is a continuation of what we have now.

If you know anything about the TEA Party you will know they despise what is happening now and are going to work hard at changing it. Just because it isn't to your liking doesn't mean it cannot be positive.
But what do you suggest? Armed rebellion?

Man, this is what the TEA Party's is all about, returning to our Constitutional roots, call it what you will but I call it positive input from people who have been silent far too long. America is GOOD. Have mistakes been made? YES! But who amongst us hasn't made mistakes. Jesus said something to the effect, he who is without sin, cast the first stone. Probably poorly paraphrased but I'm sure you understand. So lets get beyond the past, lets correct our mistakes, the ones we can and look toward tomorow.

No, haven't seen that issue addressed yet..
On his web site;
Problem: Entrenched power, egocentric leadership, career politicians.
Solution: Follow the model of George Washington. I am 100% in favor of term limitations in both Houses of Congress. I believe Senators should serve no more than two terms; I believe Representatives should serve no more than two terms. We need a fresh stream of citizen leaders bringing new ideas and upholding our Constitution.

I pledge I will not run more than two terms and will do everything in my power to enact a term limit amendment just like the Presidency. George Washington set the greatest example, one that we all should follow.

http://www.akersforussenate.com/

Man, this is what the TEA Party's is all about, returning to our Constitutional roots, call it what you will but I call it positive input from people who have been silent far too long. America is GOOD. Have mistakes been made? YES! But who amongst us hasn't made mistakes. Jesus said something to the effect, he who is without sin, cast the first stone. Probably poorly paraphrased but I'm sure you understand. So lets get beyond the past, lets correct our mistakes, the ones we can and look toward tomorow.

I'm with ya ! And yes most Americans are decent people, but our government is now run by evil creatures for the most part..

Remember We the People are the actual rulers, we simply have to strongly assert ourselves in whatever manner required

On his web site;
Problem: Entrenched power, egocentric leadership, career politicians.
Solution: Follow the model of George Washington. I am 100% in favor of term limitations in both Houses of Congress. I believe Senators should serve no more than two terms; I believe Representatives should serve no more than two terms. We need a fresh stream of citizen leaders bringing new ideas and upholding our Constitution.

I pledge I will not run more than two terms and will do everything in my power to enact a term limit amendment just like the Presidency. George Washington set the greatest example, one that we all should follow.

http://www.akersforussenate.com/

Personally I think the real heart of the problem is the extreme power of dangerous lobbies, some of them in fact dangerous foreign interests (George Soros, anyone, as an example?)

Term limits sound great and in fact are IMO a good idea, but they will not alone solve the problem.. breaking the power of monied lobbies is the answer. It does not sit well with me as a basic concept, but public campaign financing and no private contributions at all would be better than the current system. Just sayin'

Blitz, "but our government is now run by evil creatures for the most part." LOL! For the most part? How about 98% of them?

The few these days who get into office meaning well are

1) Bribed into submission

2) Blackmailed into submission

3) Threatened into submission

But what do you suggest? Armed rebellion?

What I don't suggest is giving elephant ears another four years! That's what you will get by splitting the vote!

Have you actually been to a TEA event and talked to the attendees? I have, several times

Yes I've been to Tea Party rallies, but I won't vote out a good Republican who isn't a rhino, there's no reason to unless one wants the libs to have the country. I think it's really stupid to vote out the people who have been fighting alongside us all along.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top