JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So how about it? Anyone getting anything goes bang with the tax return? I've had my eye on a CZ-75, and I'm going to try to piece together another "franken-rifle" AR-15. Anybody else?

No.

Going to save what I get, less than $1K, to go for 2014 taxes. I am probably going to have at least some capital gains to pay, possibly quite a bit. Plus we are going to repave the private road I live on and I am thinking I want to pave my driveway and do some landscaping.

I tend to sell guns I don't really need to buy guns I want. I have owned this one for 5 years or so and haven't shot it yet because it needs a scope and I decided to sell it instead:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ri...ite-ar-50-single-shot-50-bmg-rifle-$3000.html

I am thinking that instead of buying more guns I want to do some improvements I have been planning on. Like porting my 329PD, having my Marlin .45-70 worked over, getting some optics/etc. - that kind of stuff.

Apparently the government thinks Im in that $250000 tax bracket
(to which Im very very far from) thus I claim zero, give them an interest free loan and get nothing if not pennies back.

However! If I do get anything back Im going to purchase (or apply to a purchase) yet another AK or an AR10 or a yugo m92 or AR pistol..
Or mags, as many as I possibly can as well as ammo.

Two new living rm chairs and most likely a dishwasher. If anything after that Ill see what I can afford from my want list been thinking on a Henry H001TM lever action octagon barrel 22 mag

Nope. Paying off my motorcycle. Took out a 4 year note on it with plans to pay it off in less then 2. I hit that goal just fine. The less bills the better. Then I can put that extra money each month away for guns or other toys. Also pay less interest to the bank.

This is the first year since I quit my long term Job in 2011 that I won't likely have to pay them from the "fall out" of taking my own money out of my 401k. But since the same POS corporation laid off my wife one week before Christmas, if I get anything back I'm going to stash it.

Hmm, if i get enough back, i'm thinking GP100, 6 inch, stainless :)

Otherwise, there are always things like loans to pay off :(

Nope. Paying off my motorcycle. Took out a 4 year note on it with plans to pay it off in less then 2. I hit that goal just fine. The less bills the better. Then I can put that extra money each month away for guns or other toys. Also pay less interest to the bank.

Wise choice.

The best thing I ever did was start to pay off my debt about 15 years ago.

It took me a while, but it was worth it.

It is incredibly freeing and it makes any subsequent purchases with saved up cash that much less expensive because you are not paying interest.

Being debt free, along with low cost of living, got me through a number of periods of unemployment with ease.

The only debt I have right now is my mortgage, and the interest I pay on that (substantial) is tax deductible. In my tax bracket, it is cheaper to have a mortgage, even with property taxes, than it is to rent the same property - plus the fact that right now the property is theoretically appreciating faster than I can pay down the principal.

I don't need a tax refund to buy guns - I can pretty much buy whatever guns I want. But I want to keep reserve cash on hand, that having been very handy a number of times. I am old enough now that I can access all of my retirement funds without penalty - but I would then have to pay taxes on any withdrawals at my current tax rate, so I am leaving that for full on emergencies, preferably for retirement when I will be in a lower tax bracket (I calculate that if I do it right my taxes after retirement will be very low since my taxable income will be minimal).

Tax refund?
Those still exist?
I haven't gotten any of my money back for the last 20+ years.

If you must spend what they return to you, spend it wisely, spend it on something you really need/want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top