1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

target trash vs illegal dumping....

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by Koda, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

The Oregonian ran a story today showcasing Dumpstoppers efforts at cleaning up illegal dumping and trash on public lands. The article briefly mentions target shooters but what I notice is in a much more favorable light, given the problem of illegal target shooting.

it also appears that "target trash" pales in comparison to illegal dumping in general.

Dump Stoppers see it all in Clackamas County forests (http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2016/06/dump_stoppers_see_it_all_in_cl.html#incart_2box)
    PNWShooter and Cogs like this.
  2. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm surprised! Good story. I think Dave had a lot to do with keeping the story on track with trash dumpers and not so much on target shooters.

Still, we have an element, out there, that doesn't care about rules for shooting and they'll shoot anything that's out there. Then, they'll be just fine with leaving it behind. An attitude we're trying to change.

Good fine, Koda!

edslhead and Koda like this.