JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to organize a pretty bad-arse opportunity to make a real impact on on some of the trash filled shooting pits in the Cascade range.

July 15th-16th, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 brave souls will leave PDX, and drive 250 miles on & off pavement to an overnight rally point in Central Oregon, only to turn around and do another 250 miles the next day. The catch? All this is done in $500 beaters, or other vehicles spectacularly unfit for the task. Hence, the Gambler 500.
See www.gambler500.com for further vague details.
My co-driver and I will be running it in a '95 Volvo 850, that we've been modifying"slightly"
Security Check Required

The organizers of the event are very pro-2A, and want to promote stewardship of public lands, all wrapped up in a weekend of off-road jack-arse-ery.

Here's where you come in:. I need you all to post up potential cleanup targets, so we can incorporate them in to the rally way-points. Long/lat coordinates would be most helpful, as this is how way-points will be given to the drivers, but I'll take what I can get. There are no wrong answers to this one, and just about any location in the cascade range would be wicked helpful.

Prizes are going to be awarded for most trash hauled out, wackiest garbage found, and probably some other random achievements. This idea is still in it's formative stages, but I'll be giving away an AR from my personal stash, and NWFA (thanks @Joe Link ) & Tick Licker Firearms will be kicking down prizes as well.
I'd also like to invite everyone out to the Sunday night's finish line party. Food, drink, music, and an auction benefitting Children's Cancer Association will all be held at a location to be revealed soon. Stay tuned, but in the meantime, post up, and help us make a real impact!
Thanks, and
Always
Be
Gambling

Sounds like fun. I'll try and make it out to the finish line party on July 23rd. I'm coming back from the Pendleton motorcycle rally that day so it'll probably depend on how hung over I am.

Browns camp / gravel pit is an obvious stopping point but it may be too far on the west side of Portland.

Sounds like fun. I'll try and make it out to the finish line party on July 23rd. I'm coming back from the Pendleton motorcycle rally that day so it'll probably depend on how hung over I am.

Browns camp / gravel pit is an obvious stopping point but it may be too far on the west side of Portland.

We're honestly angling more towards Cascade foothills locations. But I appreciate the response!

Anybody else?

Bueller....?

Old thread, but I'm lurking in new places I haven't before!

The Gambler happens every year correct?

@Cogs maybe this is something we can get involved with?

Old thread, but I'm lurking in new places I haven't before!

The Gambler happens every year correct?

@Cogs maybe this is something we can get involved with?

Yep, several times every year.
The big rally is July 13th-15th this year, and the start/end point will (I believe) be outside La Pine. This year's format will be more of a "choose your own adventure" affair, with scattered waypoints, but no central route.
This would be an excellent opportunity to identify some CO/Cascade foothills pits that need cleaned, as we can just make them a waypoint for folks looking to pitch in.
Any & all suggestions are appreciated!
Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions...

This event is AWESOME. Really hoping I can participate this year.

I'd nominate the pit on 224 past Estacada. I won't even go there anymore it's gotten so bad.

Gambler folks can fill lots of bags with shotgun shells just north of LaPine....hwy 97 and lava cast forest road, head EAST about 1/2 mile in from 97 on the right, large cinder pit where a lot of activity goes on, it is a litter-al sea of trash, mostly plastic, but the large asst of other shoot-em trash. This is a large area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top