JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting a new campaign I call: "Target: Public Land". I plan to 'blitz' Clark County WA, (to benefit Yacolt Burn State Forest), with brochures to raise awareness about shooting on public land.

The brochure features common rules for shooting on public land, code of conduct and photo examples of responsible shooting. I'll distribute the brochures to as many outdoor stores and gun shops as possible in my area. I'll hand them out to shooters in the woods as I meet them on my Adopt-a-Site rounds at most of the popular shooting sites. I'll do a one man booth at the Vancouver Sportsman's Warehouse to hand out the brochures along with the DNR rules flier. I'll get them distributed throughout local gun shows.

I'm tired of the trashed shooting sites situation going on without regard to the consequences effecting our right to shoot on public land, as well as, the damage to our reputation and the damage to our natural resources. There are too many people, taking to the forest to shoot, who do not have a clue as to what they are doing to the future of public land shooting.

I'm currently seeking funding to have the brochure printed. It's a tri-fold color glossy. I need at least 500 copies printed. I have a quote of $250 for 500. As soon as I raise that money I'll print and begin my campaign.

This campaign is easily done by 1 person, although, more help would be better. It could easily be done in any area. I would be happy to mail out a stack of 500 to anyone who wants to 'Target: Public Land' in their area. I'd just need to cover the cost of printing and I'll send them off. I'm sure I'll run out fast and need to reorder another 500 soon.

East and West sides of Portland metro area are places I'd like to see someone take on this program. If anyone would like to take this on, I'm sure it will have an impact to the forests close to those areas.

No one else is doing anything about it... let's do!

Happy shooting!

Bill

Primary Information 3 pages...

brochurescan9-5-16 1.jpg

Inside 3 pages...

brochurescan9-5-16 2.jpg

Front page...

brochurescan9-5-16 3.jpg

Back middle page...

brochurescan9-5-16 4.jpg

Back left page...

brochurescan9-5-16 5.jpg

Inside left page...

brochurescan9-5-16 6.jpg

Inside middle page...

brochurescan9-5-16 7.jpg

Inside right page...

brochurescan9-5-16 8.jpg

Thanks for your support!

Bill

I'm friends with the owners of a gun store up here in snohomish county, I'll pass of a stack of flyers to them (and the other stores in the area) if you send 'em up to me! This is a great idea. Kudos.

I'll reach out to Sportsmans on 185th. Their always looking to hand out stuff like this.

Off to a good start. Today I received 3 contributions totaling $75 and others have said check is in the mail. Problem is, they didn't put down what their NWFA user name is. Can't tell if it's from a NWFA member or from a Facebook follower. I suppose it really doesn't matter in the end, but, I'd sure like to thank them!

I'm hoping to get them printed and ready for the Clark County gun show mid Sept. I'm sure I could get several gun shops to hand these out from their booths, since I can't attend.

Thanks all! We're gonna get the word out!

Bill

I've provided space for the NWFA logo and slogan in the brochure so when we target the Mt Hood and Tillamook areas, we will have good representation as a Co-sponsor along with Trash No Land (depending on if NWFA wants to be associated with this effort when we start campaigning in the Portland metro area).

I also added... "In cooperation with; WA Dept. of Natural Resources, USFS, Oregon Dept. of Forestry & BLM" to the front bottom page.

Some new photos replaced the old, (higher resolution stuff), and others to be replaced soon. A couple of grammar corrections as well. It's looking better and almost there!

I may not make it in time for the gun show this weekend in Clark County, however, more funds are due any day and I'll print the first 500 copies, for the Clark County area, as soon as I raise the 1st $250. (About $175 to go!).

Thanks all!

Post it as a PDF
Can't post PDF on this forum. I'll have to print one, at a print shop, then scan it, then post it as .jpg. Kind of a hassel, but I will do that as soon as I have the new version. (I just don't have a laser printer and my ink printer is out of color!).

Can't post PDF on this forum. I'll have to print one, at a print shop, then scan it, then post it as .jpg. Kind of a hassel, but I will do that as soon as I have the new version. (I just don't have a laser printer and my ink printer is out of color!).

e-mail me the PDF, I will happily post it on my website and you're welcome to link it.

[email protected]

I will give a copy to the local FRVC (forest service volunteer group who mostly does fisheries stuff)

e-mail me the PDF, I will happily post it on my website and you're welcome to link it.

[email protected]

I will give a copy to the local FRVC (forest service volunteer group who mostly does fisheries stuff)
May be better to simply link to trashnoland.org . All the info that is in the brochure is on the web site. It doesn't sell anything and only promotes responsible shooting on public land (just with more info that the brochure can provide).

Thanks, Drew!

In response to the requests for sending a PDF file to print... At this time I'm not sending out PDF files because I would have no control over the final product. It could end up misaligned, not folded straight, printed on lesser quality paper and so forth. I'm sure you'll be okay with that.

WaGuns has ordered a batch of 500, with the WaGuns logo & slogan on them, and I'm sure they will post about how those will be distributed. (Most likely going to shops around the USFS Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest area, where there is a lot of target shooting problems). They should receive them by the end of next week.

I'm not putting Vendor names on the brochure because it may prevent competitors from handing them out in their stores, however, gun organizations like NWFA and WaGuns are widely acceptable and well received.

Besides the WaGuns batch, I still have $125 to go till printing my batch of 500 for Clark County. These will have only Trash No Land name on them because there has been no other co-sponsor organization. (Having the PayPal button on the Donate page of the web site has helped).

I'm hoping for a better printing quote and will do my best to get the cost down, but so far, Staples has given the best quote of $250 for 500 printed and folded on 80lb white glossy paper.

Thanks all, for you help in trying to make a difference in recreational shooting on public land!

Bill

A few folks have persuaded me to release the pdf file. I suppose they are right. The idea is to get the message out and into the hands of as many as possible, if we're going to raise enough awareness and cause a difference. So, okay. Let's do it. Just proof them and make 'em look good! :)

I'm still raising funds for the Clark County blitz, however, if you would like to download the brochure and print it, please do. Let's spread this message and start making a difference.

For those who have a good Lazer Jet printer and quality 80lb white glossy brochure paper, you may now download and print the "Target Shooting on Public Land" brochure. Applicable to any public land in the great USA, this brochure is designed to make a difference for public land recreation and for the future of shooting on public land. Once, (if), I have approval to add the NWFA logo, I'll edit this post and offer a copy of that as well.

My own fund raising continues for the mass quantity needed for the 'blitz' in Clark County, however, if you would like to print a few and hand them out to shooters, gun shops and outdoor stores in your area, you may now do that.

Thank you all! We're going to make a difference in how our public land is treated!

Dropbox - TNL Shooting brochure.pdf

I also started a new thread in the Outdoor Section with this link in the first post: Target Shooting on Public Land? Print this!

Cogs

Last Edited:
I have received a better quote on printing... twice the brochures printed and folded for $25 more. That's 1000 printed for $275. Nice! Only $50 to go and I'll print. My Clark County blitz is about to begin!

I have reached my goal! When the last check arrives, (it's in the mail!), I'll be able to print 1000 and begin distribution in Clark County. I have prepared my list of gun and outdoor stores and mapped out a route. Ready to blitz!

Thank you all for your help!

Side note: This was meant to be just a thing I was going to try in Clark County, WA. and hope to see a difference on Larch Mtn in Yacolt Burn State Forest. It has spread to a few other places as well...
  • Eyes In The Woods.org is talking of printing and distributing these brochures in drop boxes around problem areas in Washington forests (I'll be adding their logo to the brochure).
  • WaGuns.org has ordered and paid for 1000 and will distribute to stores and members further up in Washington. So, I added their logo on their version.
  • A couple DNR staff are printing 25 copies to carry on the job and hand out.
  • A gun shop in Greys Harbor is printing and stocking their own store.
  • General public is printing it on their own computers and handing out to shooters they meet and to their favorite gun shops.
This is a good thing. We need to make it well know, especially for the new shooters, there are rules for shooting on public land and we need to help protect our right to do so. The more people hear and see the message, the more it will become the normal thing.

Again, Thank you all.

Bill

An update on my 'Target Public Land' blitz Clark County program...

I have now raised the funds and just received the first 1000 printed copies for distribution to gun and outdoor stores around Clark County, WA. I will also be handing them out to shooters in Yacolt Burn State Forest, on Larch Mntn, as I make my rounds in the Adopt-A-Site program. (Just picked them up today). I received a better quote of $275 for 1000, printed and folded, from Expressions Graphic in Tualatin, OR!

I have also made a PDF file available for anyone to download and print. Now, as many have requested, people may download and print a few to hand out while recreating or to stock their own local gun store.

In addition, the gun forum WaGuns .org has ordered 1000 copies and plans to distribute to stores and shooters around Washington State (especially the Greenwater area). Eyes In The Woods .org is talking of printing and distributing as well!

I hope to get this 'blitz' idea going all over Oregon and Washington. I will do my one man show in my area and will report how it's doing (at least by the volume of brochures distributed and restocked).

Information and education in shooting on public land is my focus and reason for starting Trash No Land web site and for developing this brochure.

The download is available at the following Dropbox link: Dropbox - TNL Shooting brochure.pdf

Soon, every gun shop and outdoor store in Clark County will be well aware of rules, ethics and tips for shooting on public land. I hope they relay that info to their customers!

Many thanks to each of you who contributed!!!

Bill

Update....

The latest version, with the http corrections, is; Dropbox - TNL Shooting brochure.pdf (got rid of the 's' in the https address).

Added a new page to the web site called 'Videos'. Shows one you may not have seen about target shooting. Videos

So far my progress is: I am distributing 1000 copies in Clark County, WA., to benefit my local DNR Yacolt Burn State Forest, to all gun shops, outdoor stores, gun shows and to shooters I meet when I'm recreating or doing my Adopt-a-site program for DNR here in the Yacolt Burn. I even covered the small towns close to the main entry points of the forest. Those small towns only have one local corner store, but, since they sell a variety of things, like hardware and sporting goods, they make for perfect locations to gain local support. I stocked each store with 25 to 50 brochures (the further out, the more I stock) and will restock in a couple of weeks. Close to 600 distributed so far and a few more stores to go! It should be well known soon, there are rules for shooting on public land!!!

WaGuns .org has recently received their batch of 1000 in Olympia, to distribute around the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie Nat Forest area. http://www.dropbox.com/s/5ngsfjy97hs599q/TNL Shooting brochure WaGuns.pdf?dl=0

As other groups request to have batches printed, like Eyes In The Woods, Dump Stoppers, Appleseed, or ???, I'll be happy to add their logo and send them the file. However, I'm not doing logos for gun shops or outdoor stores as that would prevent competitors from displaying in their stores.

I'm excited to get this message saturated in all areas needed. We just might stand a chance to make a positive difference.

Thank You! Recreate On!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews