JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't express how I really felt about this cleanup before...

Let me start with a lil preamble. I've been a part of non-profit fishing organizations that promoted a "lifestyle of stewardship" for a number of years. What Trash No Land does, and what I was raised to do, and what I practice, is little different.

This last weekend, though, was the first time that I was ever able to experience such an overwhelming response from stewards of the land. I kinda chuckled when I saw @Cogs post whether to buy food for 20 or food for 40. In the back of my head I thought "lucky if there is 20..." I know I planned to show up, and I planned to do what I always do whether I'm on the water or on the range.

Trash No Land took my past experiences to another level. Forty was the most realistic number. We actually cleaned up 3 sites, and possibly even a 4th depending on how things ended up at Oz. I would have liked to go out there, but I guess the drive was longer than I had thought (i wasn't worried about road conditions).

Everyone that attended is awesome and put in some honest hard work.

That wasn't my only "new" experience though.

The after-cleanup shooting!

I shoot on weekdays. I go up to Wildcat, pretty much always have the place to myself, clean up, shoot, clean up, go home. All by myself.

Being at a spot with about a dozen others is completely foreign to me. Especially when they all offer up rifles and handguns to try. I shot 9mm for the first time in my life. Ever. While I couldn't get it on the gong like I could my .40, I was able to confirm that it probably is what my wife is looking for. I got to shoot an ol' M1 Garand that was one of the softest and easiest to shoot 30-06 that I've ever fired (ok, my only other experience is with an older Smith-Corona 1903) and probably even softer shooting than my carbine. I fired an AR other than the one I built (amazing how different they can be!) and an AK for my first time. After everyone left and I cleaned up the remains, the gentlemen that showed up at the range later also offered me a taste of an '80s Colt Delta Elite 10mm!!! #takemymoney!

There could have been MANY other "new" moments for me, but I guess I'll save them for next time. What I had on Saturday was more than enough, and it was hard to keep that 5yo-style-grin off my face. I met some great people, who's names, well, I suck at names.....

In closing, I'd invite anyone that hasn't been on a Trash No Land clean-up to join in the next detail. Do it. Yeah, it might be the same thing you do every time you shoot on public land, but, I assure you, it'll be different than any other trip you have made before.

Thank you Mr. Nothing! Well said. I'm glad you had a good time and got to do some firsts! Was really pleased to meet you!

See you again soon!

Bill

The forest service shared our cleanup event to their Facebook page. Your efforts are reaching well beyond just Saturday! I always find it funny how we get more recognition after the event than before.

The Forest Service-Mt. Hood National Forest

That's how we continue to spread the message about responsible shooting on public land. Share it on social media (because the news media won't!)! I also shared it to a couple of Facebook hunting groups; "Northwest Hunting" (with 13,000 members) and "Columbia Hunting and Fishing" group.

Way to go folks! And thank you for being a part of this. Your work is being admired! NWFA members rock!

Bill

The forest service shared our cleanup event to their Facebook page. Your efforts are reaching well beyond just Saturday! I always find it funny how we get more recognition after the event than before.

The Forest Service-Mt. Hood National Forest

That's how we continue to spread the message about responsible shooting on public land. Share it on social media (because the news media won't!)! I also shared it to a couple of Facebook hunting groups; "Northwest Hunting" (with 13,000 members) and "Columbia Hunting and Fishing" group.

Way to go folks! And thank you for being a part of this. Your work is being admired! NWFA members rock!

Bill
Just posted my video to that as well.

I didn't express how I really felt about this cleanup before...

Let me start with a lil preamble. I've been a part of non-profit fishing organizations that promoted a "lifestyle of stewardship" for a number of years. What Trash No Land does, and what I was raised to do, and what I practice, is little different.

This last weekend, though, was the first time that I was ever able to experience such an overwhelming response from stewards of the land. I kinda chuckled when I saw @Cogs post whether to buy food for 20 or food for 40. In the back of my head I thought "lucky if there is 20..." I know I planned to show up, and I planned to do what I always do whether I'm on the water or on the range.

Trash No Land took my past experiences to another level. Forty was the most realistic number. We actually cleaned up 3 sites, and possibly even a 4th depending on how things ended up at Oz. I would have liked to go out there, but I guess the drive was longer than I had thought (i wasn't worried about road conditions).

Everyone that attended is awesome and put in some honest hard work.

That wasn't my only "new" experience though.

The after-cleanup shooting!

I shoot on weekdays. I go up to Wildcat, pretty much always have the place to myself, clean up, shoot, clean up, go home. All by myself.

Being at a spot with about a dozen others is completely foreign to me. Especially when they all offer up rifles and handguns to try. I shot 9mm for the first time in my life. Ever. While I couldn't get it on the gong like I could my .40, I was able to confirm that it probably is what my wife is looking for. I got to shoot an ol' M1 Garand that was one of the softest and easiest to shoot 30-06 that I've ever fired (ok, my only other experience is with an older Smith-Corona 1903) and probably even softer shooting than my carbine. I fired an AR other than the one I built (amazing how different they can be!) and an AK for my first time. After everyone left and I cleaned up the remains, the gentlemen that showed up at the range later also offered me a taste of an '80s Colt Delta Elite 10mm!!! #takemymoney!

There could have been MANY other "new" moments for me, but I guess I'll save them for next time. What I had on Saturday was more than enough, and it was hard to keep that 5yo-style-grin off my face. I met some great people, who's names, well, I suck at names.....

In closing, I'd invite anyone that hasn't been on a Trash No Land clean-up to join in the next detail. Do it. Yeah, it might be the same thing you do every time you shoot on public land, but, I assure you, it'll be different than any other trip you have made before.
Well said!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads