JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Next class is Sat, May 26th, Sportsman's Warehouse Happy Valley! "Target Shooting On Public Land". It's all the things you need to know to shoot responsibly on public land. Come see what we're doing! Bring a friend or encourage a new shooter to attend! It will be worth a one hour investment!

Four classes are schedule for this Spring/Summer:

Training Classes: "Target Shooting on Public Land"
March 24 Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver:
May 26 Sportsman's Warehouse, Clackamas:
July 28 Sportsman's Warehouse, Hillsboro:
Sept 15 Cabela's: Tualatin

Poster 1 Pub Web 5-26-18 Blog.jpg

The class will cover topics such as:
  • Where to shoot?
  • What to shoot?
  • How to be legal?
  • Are there any rules?
  • Can I shoot milk jugs and propane tanks?
  • Group shooting & sharing.
  • Etiquette.
  • Ethics.
  • Basic firearms safety rules.
  • Fire/public/personal safety.
  • What's at stake and how does that effect the next generation?
  • and more...
This class is scheduled with Sportsman's Warehouse, Happy Valley.

Website Event: Information Class

Facebook Event: Target Shooting on Public Land Info Class

Your help in spreading the word and sharing this information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Bill

I need someone in Law Enforcement to assist me in this class. PM me if you can help. I asked USFS Mt Hood and they replied that that's a busy weekend for recreation and they can't spare the staff. Anyone have connections you can refer my way? It really helps to have LE back us up on this (credibility and solidifies the message). Meanwhile, I'll check with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Dept.

While we're on the subject of needs, I also need a projector for this class. I find that Sportsman's W, in Happy Valley, does not have a projector in house. I'll need to bring one. I have the HDMI cable and will hook up to my laptop, but just need to borrow a projector for Sat. (One day, I'll be able to buy our own projector and won't need to worry about it. Several venues don't provide it and it'd be a good idea to have one on hand as I'll be teaching this class quite often at several different places).

If you know of one available to lend for a day, let me know! Otherwise, I'll bite the bullet and rent one, but the show will go on! Thank you!

I attended the class you held at Sportsman's Warehouse in Vancouver and will say I thought it was very informative and educational. Being a new resident in Vancouver the information you provided along with the information from the officer was very helpful. This class is well worth attending! Thank you!

Would like your help spreading the word about this Info Class. It's for new shooters and those who have questions. Come see how to best protect our privilege to shoot on public land!

Thank you!

Bill

I need someone in Law Enforcement to assist me in this class. PM me if you can help. I asked USFS Mt Hood and they replied that that's a busy weekend for recreation and they can't spare the staff. Anyone have connections you can refer my way? It really helps to have LE back us up on this (credibility and solidifies the message). Meanwhile, I'll check with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Dept.
Still looking for some help in this class. The class is only an hour but with set up & take down, plan on two. I'd like to have an LEO help with the talking points and someone to help with the sign-in/video camera operation (I'll have a camera & tri-pod set up but would like someone to pan back n forth and zoom in once in a while).

Also need help in spreading the word about this class. We need to reach as many shooters as possible if we're going to make a difference in public land recreational shooting.

Thanks!

Bill

Officer Ross Gamboa, USFS Law Enforcement, will be joining me in this class.

I'm still looking for someone to help with sign-in and camera opts.

This class is all about respect when recreating on public lands. Respecting our privilege, our natural resources, the rules, the sport, the habitat, the right to bear arms and respect to others who recreate in our great outdoors.

Come see what it's all about, this Saturday, May 26th at Sportsman's Warehouse in Happy Valley, OR. Class runs from 1 to 2 PM.

Cleanup when done 1.jpg

I'm still looking for someone to help with the sign-in and monitor the video camera (a simple pan back and forth and a zoom or two every once in a while).

I also need a projector, however, I think Sportsman's in Vancouver will let me borrow theirs for the Happy Valley gig. (Gonna have to buy one someday because not all venues will have one to use).

If you can attend and would like to help out, please let me know. I can do it myself, but, it helps to have someone else there who cares about what we're doing.

Thanks,

Bill

Class starts at 1 PM! Wish us luck that we have a good turn out! Store will be real busy because of the holiday weekend sales and their promotions. We'll be upstairs.

Encourage someone to attend and become part of the solution. We're restoring our roots in the forest!

Thanks All, Bill.

Good class today. Covered all the basics and then some. Pleasure meeting the dedicated folks who care about how our public lands and want to see improvements to recreational shooting.

Thank you to Sportsman's Warehouse in Happy Valley, for the venue for this class. We appreciate your involvement and support for the shooting sports!

Next class is scheduled for Saturday, July 28th at Sportsman's Warehouse, Hillsboro, OR. at 1 PM.

Thank you, Kristina. No flier yet. I'll get you one when they're ready. I usually announce and start promoting the class about a month before the event.

Will let you know! Thanks for the help!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews