JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saturday June 17, 2017, 9 AM - 1 PM
Target Shooting Appreciation Day Cleanup~BBQ~Shoot
Mt. Hood National Forest
cover2.jpg
Join Trash No Land, Clackamas County Dump Stoppers and USFS as we show our appreciation for the privilege of recreational shooting in our great National Forest!

Hunters, Target Shooters, Families & General Public! All invited & welcome to attend!​

Free prizes and a special fundraising raffle!

Enjoy a great barbeque lunch on Trash No Land!
bbq at pub.jpg
GPS: 45.177855, -122.248556
Follow your GPS to the NF45 (at the end of Hillockburn Rd). From Estacada at Hwy 224 & Hwy 211, go South on Hwy 211 for 4 1/2 miles and turn left on Hillockburn Rd. Stay on Hillockburn Rd until it becomes the NF45. Follow the direction signs starting at Hwy 211.

Bring outdoor clothing, boots, gloves and a rake if you can. USFS & Dump Stoppers will provide the trash bags and disposal.

Corporate Partners supporting this event:
Cabela's Tualatin, Rapid Fire Arms Sandy, Sportsman's Warehouse Clackamas
Cabela's Logo 2.png rapid_fire_arms_250.jpg
sportsmans-warehouse-mainlogo-jpg.jpg
Trash No Land Event Page: Target Shooting Appreciation Day
Facebook Sign-up Event: Facebook Event

Trash No Land is a Nonprofit Charitable Volunteer organization promoting responsible shooting on all public land.
www.trashnoland.org

Last Edited:
Wifey and I might be able to get there. How much terrible dirt road is there to the meet-up area?
The road to the meeting place is pretty good. After that, it gets a little rough with pot holes. Going to try to visit before June 17th to get a better idea.

Thanks Mike.

I did a site visit to Hillockburn/NF 45 today. Did not like what I saw! The first place, (illegal place), is really in bad shape. Really makes shooters look bad.

6-17-17 Preview 1.jpg

6-17-17 Preview 2.jpg

6-17-17 Preview 3.jpg

We need to head up the road to where the blacktop ends to hit some other spots. (Watch that drop off! It's a deep one!)

6-17-17 Preview 4.jpg

Be sure to get the stuff along the roadway. Helps the forest service a lot!

6-17-17 Preview 5.jpg

It would be great to have a crew make it all the way to the Oz Pit! We'll see how many volunteers we get and if someone can make it up there.

6-17-17 Preview 6.jpg

We'll meet down next to the first one. Figure it out from there.

Thanks all,

Bill

Any recommendations as to where to shoot for the After Party? Not being from that area and not spending much time up there, I'm not sure of a place where we can do a group shoot that's not far from the meeting place. After the BBQ & Raffles, I'd like to head up to a close spot and all join in on some fun TS shooting.

Map link is best. Post if you have a place in mind!

Thanks!

Looking forward to this event. I'd encourage all that have been thinking about participating in one of these events but for whatever reason haven't been able to put this on your calendar and make it happen.

What looks like an overwhelming task really gets knocked out in a few hours with enough hands on deck. It's a nice feeling seeing the fruits of your labor. For those like myself that have a day job where the "work" is just saved on a server somewhere it is really nice to see a tangible difference just a few hours of getting your hands dirty can make.

Hope to see you all in the forest on the 17th.

We have some good stuff planned for this event! Along with the great BBQ lunch and raffle prizes, (which I'll be posting more pics & info of), we'll have a couple of special awards to hand out. You'll want to be there!

Hope you can join us as we would like to have a good representation of gun owners showing our appreciation to the USFS and Dump Stoppers for their continued and dedicated support in improving recreational shooting in Mt Hood.

Will post some more later this weekend.

Comment if you can make it! Thanks,

Bill

Jane and I will be there Bill. Do you have any estimate of how many people will be there? I checked the facebook page and it looked rather bleak. Only four for sure? Or am i missing something? I refuse to sign up for facebook so maybe I did miss something.

You can send a list of what you may need for donation for this event once it gets closer and Jane can talk to her store director about it.

Jane and I will be there Bill. Do you have any estimate of how many people will be there? I checked the facebook page and it looked rather bleak. Only four for sure? Or am i missing something? I refuse to sign up for facebook so maybe I did miss something.

You can send a list of what you may need for donation for this event once it gets closer and Jane can talk to her store director about it.
Your right Mike, the Facebook events never really get many 'Going' votes. It is good, however, for notifying the masses and prompting stewardship at shooting sites on public land. Still, we are expecting (hoping) over 20, perhaps 30-40, we never know till it happens! If the numbers are fewer, well then, better odds of winning a cool prize!

I pretty well have most of the food stuff taken care of. Only a few items left on the short list. I'll know more as we get closer (next week). I'll send an email when I know what's left to get.

Thanks for your help, Mike & Jane! You two are great supporters of responsible shooting on public land and your help is very much appreciated!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads